[Challenge] BEST headset / earphone / headphone up to €50 MAX.

Search This thread

bundi22

Jan 10, 2011
the best in ear headphones are sennheiser cx300-ii. they are SO FKN clear and the bass is excellent, no distortion whatsoever. comine this with voodoo sound and the right poweramp eq, it is the best sound quality i have heard through headphones. they also fit in ear perfectly and never fall out. :)

movrshakr

Jan 20, 2011
Earphones:
The best sound for the dollar, I've found, are Yuin PK3 earphones. Cheap. Buy 2 or 3 pairs and you'll never be stuck for reasonable sound. The sound is direct and detailed. They dont sound like cheap earphones. Earphones are easy to put in and take out - great for quickly checking sound, on location, when we're shooting video...

I now have a set of Yuin PK3's...actually got them to use while trying to get pieces to mod the portapros so I can wear them longer than 15 mminutes.

The Yuins are downright good. My only negative comment is that the plug strain relief is plainly inadequate. It is thin and short. I have a tablet with a jack that really holds onto the inserted plug, and it requires EXTREME care to remove the Yuin plug. There is just not enough there to hold on to, and it is very easy for your grip to slide down onto the wire while pulling it out.

Marshy919

Nov 6, 2011
Adelaide
JVC HA-FX1 Extreme Explosive Bass
27640.JPG

Frequency Response 5-23,000Hz!:D
10mm large diaphragm neodymium driver units and Extreme Deep Basse Ports deliver ultimate bass sound
Rubber protectors for body durability
Superior sound isolation
Comfortable fit with ergonomic contoured form and three sizes of silicone ear-pieces
2.6mm-thick and robust 1.2m pure copper cable (Y-type)
Special hard carrying case included
S/M/L silicone ear-pieces included
Gold-plated 3.5mm stereo straight plug
iPod, iphone and iPad compatible

Just ordered myself a pair for $28 delivered off eBay. Thanks.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

Bo0bz

Dec 27, 2010
Nijmegen
I will vote for the Sennheiser CX400-II Precision. They are pretty cheep. 29,95 in sale and sound decent. Comes with 6 rubber eartips, a clothingclip, pouch and cablewinder.

CX_400_II_DetailImage_black.jpg

Specs:
Frequency response (headphones):17 - 22000 Hz
Impedance: 16 Ω
Sound pressure level (SPL):114 dB
Jack plug: 3.5 mm (angled)
Cable length:1.2 m
Transducer principle: Dynamic

movrshakr

Jan 20, 2011
Just received replacement earpads from ebay vendor to put onto my Koss Portapro's. They are made for Sennheiser PX200, but are exactly correct size.

Suggestion was from someone on here. Thanks--they are MUCH more comfortable and were only $6.95 US shipping included (from Hong Kong though) --still only took 12 days to arrive.

If you have Koss Portapto's and want to improve the comfort without having to do the manual work of some of the mods, this is an easy direct replacement.

Melombine

May 7, 2011
Pori
I own a pair of Koss portapros. They are excellent, the sound quality is very nice and they are great while running.

I also own a pair of skullcandy earbuds, and I wouldn't recommend them to anybody. Very bad audio quality overall.

groksteady

Feb 6, 2012
Shanghai
Just received replacement earpads from ebay vendor to put onto my Koss Portapro's. They are made for Sennheiser PX200, but are exactly correct size.

Suggestion was from someone on here. Thanks--they are MUCH more comfortable and were only $6.95 US shipping included (from Hong Kong though) --still only took 12 days to arrive.

If you have Koss Portapto's and want to improve the comfort without having to do the manual work of some of the mods, this is an easy direct replacement.

Good to hear (ba-dum-bump) that you got a fix working for you. I had a pair of PX200s -- if you play around with how you place them over your ears, you'll find a sweet spot that seals and maximizes blocking outside noise. This might work on KPPs with those pads.

Question: what differences do you hear in the sound with that combo?

movrshakr

Jan 20, 2011
...Question: what differences do you hear in the sound with that combo?

Interesting question. I am not an audiophile, but definitely "hear" when the sound is "not good enough."

Your question makes me think. Here's my subjective answer: I have not noticed a significant difference in the sound quality (remember--not an expert). It is still excellent. But I am quite sure there is noticeably less intrusion of ambient noise. It does not filter as well as tight-fitting in-ears, but I don't like those--for my use, hearing my name called is better...wife doesn't slap me when I don't answer. :D

These, as you know, are not big, soft, puffy rings. They are small, soft, slightly puffy rings--as they must be being on-ear diameter rather than over-ear diameter.

Comfort is MUCH improved over the stock foam though. That was my objective, and it is achieved. I would encourage anyone owning Koss Portapros to order some.

groksteady

Feb 6, 2012
Shanghai
Your question makes me think. Here's my subjective answer: I have not noticed a significant difference in the sound quality (remember--not an expert). It is still excellent. But I am quite sure there is noticeably less intrusion of ambient noise. It does not filter as well as tight-fitting in-ears, but I don't like those--for my use, hearing my name called is better...wife doesn't slap me when I don't answer. :D

hah -- always better to hear what's going around you, especially when it's your wife (or my GF). I feel you. :D

I remember reading about some differences in sound with slight earpad mods -- using rubber rings, or different foamies. One thing I remember was someone saying the extra distance using rubber rings (and remember these are way closer to the ear canal, so slight differences could matter) helped bring out the midtones. I myself am a *huge* advocate for Radio Shack foamies over the stock Sennheisers on the MX500. Such a seemingly insignificant change brought much greater mids and bass. I wish I knew a euro-equivalent of Rat Shack or those pads, so I could test that with the MX471.

And that's the fun of modding, right? Finding and playing. I bet the mechanical bass toggle does something interesting with those pads, too.

Jashanmallan

Apr 18, 2012
chandigarh
I have beats monster tour and they r the best hey anyone want it new price 70$ 100% original and new sealed

Sent from my GT-I9000 ics 4.0.4 using XDA

traju

Mar 15, 2011
I've heard many good things about Nuforce. But it depends of your expectations and music what you want to listen on them.

I can highly recommend a-Jays, for me one of the best price/quality earphones. I'm using Two model on my SGS and iPod Classic, I really love them. Sound is great. For mobile phones there's a Four model with mic.

Lawrrer

Dec 9, 2011
woe,nice thread:)
for listening at home i have got akg k142 hd,and our voodoo sounded galaxy s is good for them.as in ear headphones i recommemd a jays two or maybe some of Vsonics :)

evemir

Feb 13, 2012
Czestochowa
I can highly recomend Sennheiser products. More expensive = better. And for 50$ you can buy quite nice earphones. I'm using at home headphones Sennheiser HD555. Bought it on sale for around 50$, and they can be easily modificated to HD595. A lot more expensive model.

Arecki23

Oct 8, 2010
I have actually since 2 years Soundmagic pl11. And it is good experience with. But its time to progres. I've heard that Mee electronic is good and not expensive brand. Im thinking about earphones, cuz for headphones it might that i will get credit, cuz for bigger gadgets i dont prefer stretch the greens.

prottotype

Oct 25, 2010
Toronto
Sennheiser

I personally have used the Sennheiser HD202 and they're amazing. The cable is 3m long and totally worth the price. It's not too expensive either. I say, Go for it :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    JVC HA-FX1 Extreme Explosive Bass
    27640.JPG

Frequency Response 5-23,000Hz!:D
    10mm large diaphragm neodymium driver units and Extreme Deep Basse Ports deliver ultimate bass sound
    Rubber protectors for body durability
    Superior sound isolation
    Comfortable fit with ergonomic contoured form and three sizes of silicone ear-pieces
    2.6mm-thick and robust 1.2m pure copper cable (Y-type)
    Special hard carrying case included
    S/M/L silicone ear-pieces included
    Gold-plated 3.5mm stereo straight plug
    iPod, iphone and iPad compatible
    I guess that everything is about the role of every specification, for instance, i always searched for a headset with high sensitivity and in this field the AKG headsets/phones are the leader.

But what impendance means exactly? Cause the Koss Portapro you mentioned got the higher value of them all, but is that a good thing or bad? Specially for in-ear headsets......

If you want you can PM some good links and I will post them for you

Thanks

To be quite honest I really dont know what the majority of those terms mean in terms of headphones. I just assumed most of you knew what you were talking about so I decided to include those values :p my apologies

Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong but:

Frequency Response: Basically the range of a headset. To what extent it can produce frequencies on both high and low ends.(Bass and Treble)

Impedance: From my understanding, impedance is somewhat related to resistance. the higher the impedance, the lower the maximum volume possible and vice-versa. But high quality headphones boast high impedance values. I suppose this can mean less possible noise and clearer sound quality overall.

As for the Koss portapros, they are headphones. Not in-ear plugs.extremely comfortable, and sometimes I even forget I'm wearing them. Good sound overall
    Well, the essence of this thread , to find the best value earphone, which is a difficult task, specially on this budget, but not impossible....

Hard to say, but we can at least compare the specs:

So while the more expensive Denon got just a little wider frequency response, the AKG got higher sensitivity/Impedance, but once again, quite a good frequency response for a headphone with that price !

And the K430, also comes with a case. extra adapter and got a volume slider!

Just wanted to say that, at least in the case of headphones, the specs matters very very little . (Especially the freq response).

Best value ? Easy answer: SoundMagic PL30 !
    http://mp4nation.net/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=294

Those are better than everything else I have tried under 60€.

If you don't like IEMs, Sennheiser PX100 are of great value also.

For 20 bucks, I agree that PL30, is really good , [ I own one] especially if you are not too fond of bass-heavy earphones. But, there will surely be quite a few phones better than it in sub-50 $ range, I believe. Brainwavz M2 trumps PL30 , IMO.
    for me, im quite satisfied with the sony mdr-ex50

Frequency Response 5-23,000Hz
    Impedance 16ohms at 1kHz
    Magnet Neodymium
    Sensitivity 100dB/mW
    Power Handling Capacity 100mW
    I'm using the klipsch s4 image
    And i just can recommend them
    The best headphones i've ever head
    You can get them in amazon for 50 up to 60€
    Why pay 60€?
    Because they can even compete with headphones that cost up to 200€

I think the klipsch s5 have the same drivers and i think they cost about 120-150€
    I think that says all

But it's pretty hard to recommend headphones for other people because everyone hears different(i know it sounds weird).

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App