Terraria For R800

Search This thread

crono141

Jan 4, 2011
West Columbia, SC
From the farewell message on the Terraria boards, it looks like he's going to open source it soon. Until then, he points out that the jars are not obfuscated for a reason.

Also, intellectual property must be defended. If he chooses not to defend it, then there's no foul, just the potential for trouble down the road.

retrogrymlyn

Oct 8, 2011
Open Source

From the farewell message on the Terraria boards, it looks like he's going to open source it soon. Until then, he points out that the jars are not obfuscated for a reason.

Also, intellectual property must be defended. If he chooses not to defend it, then there's no foul, just the potential for trouble down the road.

Well, I probably won't release it until it becomes open source. If I do want to release before then, I will message the Devs.

beeradg

Jul 18, 2009
Simple as pie

Good luck converting the XNA mess that is Terraria into Android OpenGL or PSS SDK Graphics Rendering.

Thanks for the (post) wish of good luck... I've done it.. for the most part. I've only spent about 12 hours on it.

I can't post links until as I don't have eight posts... Google "bagearon android terraria" and you can get to my blog post with more info, video, and more to come.

retrogrymlyn

Oct 8, 2011
Thanks for the (post) wish of good luck... I've done it.. for the most part. I've only spent about 12 hours on it.

I can't post links until as I don't have eight posts... Google "bagearon android terraria" and you can get to my blog post with more info, video, and more to come.

Told you guys it was completely possible! :) I've been doing this in monogame builds. So far I've put about 9 hours or so into it. (Haven't had insane amounts of time, as I am 17 and studying for highschool finals.) Dare to beat me to it?

beeradg

Jul 18, 2009
Business application developer for hire :)

Told you guys it was completely possible! :) I've been doing this in monogame builds. So far I've put about 9 hours or so into it. (Haven't had insane amounts of time, as I am 17 and studying for highschool finals.) Dare to beat me to it?

Depends on what beating you to it means? A stable, fast, playable version? Or a working client? If its the later, I've got that :). Heh heh. Nonetheless, I'm always up for a challenge. Please note I'm a business application developer, .net by nature. That meaning two things -
one: this code is HORRIBLY dirtier than what I'm used to
two: well... the obvious... while I've optimized code, not yet have I ever stuck a stopwatch in to count fractions of a millisecond.

but eh, I'm a super quick learner :).

I take it you come from a similar background?

retrogrymlyn

Oct 8, 2011
I'm a highschool student known for being the "hacker of the school" usually using some kind of distribution of linux I like to crack into things.
I got into programming three years ago starting with java because of minecraft.
I'm almost 18 years old.
I'm mostly done with the client as well, however the gui is messed up and npcs suck and mono doesn't like sound.

d_zen

Dec 4, 2011
Leeuwarden
I would love this so much! Good luck, and I will definitively donate when you manage to build this for the xplay :D

A

AloushA

Would defiantly play this got some good hours clocked into this game on Steam to play it on the go would be great!

:)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Simple as pie

Good luck converting the XNA mess that is Terraria into Android OpenGL or PSS SDK Graphics Rendering.

I was thinking about Porting Terraria For the Xperia Play. If I proceeded to do this, How many of you would play it/donate for it?
    Yeah don't own a Vita, nor will I ever. However I might consider doing that, after I take the source code for the Java application (seeing as its coded in C# I have to Decompile it in something like MonoGame and rebuild as a APK) I might put it into Playstation Suite. Definitely something to consider. However right now i'm focusing more on just making it an APK.

The PS Suite SDK uses C# as the language of choice. If the game has the source code in that language it should be easier to bring it to the Suite and use the tools that it provides to create the APK.

XPlay-Swype