E210L - 3G or GPRS only?

Search This thread

panot

Feb 3, 2008
Prague
Hi guys,

I can't find any answer to my question about data connection of SIII Korean model E210L. I can connect only to 3G or GPRS (tested at two diffrent countries at two GSM providers). There is no E (Edge) or H (HSDPA). When I lose 3G reception it drops always to G. Have I missed something in settings? Any help or explanation? If this question is answered alredy, please help me to navigate there.

Thx.

Last edited:

Filipiak

Jun 3, 2011
Melbourne
If you have flashed a custom rom you may need to flash a different modem. I put a different rom on my phone and lost 4g in australia. I had to re flash an australian modem. Telstra modem to be correct and then I got 4g back.

Give that a try.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using xda premium

---------- Post added at 02:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:50 PM ----------

Here is a link with different modems

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2010116

Reactions: TramLyTNP

panot

Feb 3, 2008
Prague
Hi guys,
I can't find any answer to my question about data connection of SIII Korean model E210L. I can connect only to 3G or GPRS (tested at two diffrent countries at two GSM providers). There is no E (Edge) or H (HSDPA). When I lose 3G reception it drops always to G. Have I missed something in settings? Any help or explanation? If this question is answered alredy, please help me to navigate there.
Thx.

No one can explain? Does someone is able to get Edge or HSDPA on E210L model?

panot

Feb 3, 2008
Prague
This is the wrong forum for that phone... I'm assuming you're using the phone in Prague, on which carrier?

Yes, maybe, but I hope some user with E210L can help. E210L is Korean version of I9305 model. I tried this phone in Prague with Vodafone and now I work in Asia in Vietnam so I use Viettel. At both operators I can get only G or 3G. Why?

Rekoil

May 17, 2008
Göteborg
www.idroidproject.org
Probably because LTE in S. Korea uses pretty uncommon frequencies not available in other parts of the world, as to why you can't access HSDPA or Edge I have no idea.

Sent from my GT-I9305N using xda-developers app

panot

Feb 3, 2008
Prague
Yes, LTE in Korea is specific but I don't care about it because here or in Prague LTE is not available. I only don't understand why HSDPA or Edge isn't reachable. I guess even Korean people travel abroad and want to connect to Internet for example here. Anyway thanks for your replies.

diontoradan

Mar 23, 2011
There's no edge and hspa icon in korean s3.
Only gsm (g), 3g and lte icon.

I think G also represent edge same goes with 3g.
In 3g icon i got hspa speed which is around 3mbps.

You have to set the network to automatic, as korean s3 is lte prefered as default.
this menu is hidden, you set it by following :

-open dial pad and enter : 319712358 then a menu will pop up asking for password.
- password for LG U+ - 0821
- open network
- set automatic

Coveman

Dec 31, 2011
I think what diontoradan said could be your problem, could you do a speed test when connected to '3G' and report the speeds you get.

You should beable to tell what type of 3G connection you're actually using going by the speeds (appox)

Its obviously not a accurate way to find out what type of connection you're using but you wont be getting speeds of like 3-5Mbits with just the standard 3G connection. You are probably on 3G+/H

You could also do the test when connected to GPRS (G) if you get above 20kbps then you're using EDGE.

ted presley

Jun 12, 2007
Ho Chi Minh city
Yes, LTE in Korea is specific but I don't care about it because here or in Prague LTE is not available. I only don't understand why HSDPA or Edge isn't reachable. I guess even Korean people travel abroad and want to connect to Internet for example here. Anyway thanks for your replies.

diontoradan is right.

I can get 6.57Mbit/s with that 3g icon :).

rajeshrkv

Nov 2, 2014
hey guys, i also have a korean s3, intially it didnt show any 3g networks...did some research and got to know about the hidden menu, changed the network to wcdma only...now after using it for months once again i'm getting the same issue......no 3g networks gets registered only 2g....is there any solution other than returning the phone???

Thanks alot in advance!!:angel::angel:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you have flashed a custom rom you may need to flash a different modem. I put a different rom on my phone and lost 4g in australia. I had to re flash an australian modem. Telstra modem to be correct and then I got 4g back.

Give that a try.

---------- Post added at 02:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:50 PM ----------

Here is a link with different modems

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2010116