AOSP unified builds using wrong network [XT1053]

Search This thread

severectify

Aug 25, 2013
Hey all,

For some reason, AOSP unified builds are using the wrong network. I have a T-Mobile GSM device, and right now with PA 4.3 BETA 2, the ROM is recognizing my phone as a Verizon wireless build. This means I have no internet over mobile data and no connection with Google on Wifi.

I'm assuming this is a build prop issue. I've attempted to install Slimkat and Cyanogenmod before and I had the same issue. Can someone help me? I'm hoping that I won't have to wipe and flash back to stock, but if it's the only option...

UPDATE: I found out that ro.telephony.default_network was set to 10 instead of 9, so now I have it as T-Mobile instead of Verizon Wireless both in status and on the network tile. However, I did just notice that my lockscreen says NO SIM CARD - TMOBILE.

Additionally, I still have no connection with Google - I have orange connection bars both on Wifi and on mobile data. However, I know I still have internet because I'm currently downloading the new PA Gapps.

Here is a paste of my build.prop after I changed ro.telephony.default_network to 9. If someone could please help me, it would be greatly appreciated.

http://pastebin.com/PN8m1myQ

Last edited:

severectify

Aug 25, 2013
Did you try manually adding your carriers APN settings?

To be more specific, I have double checked my APN settings; I doubt that this is the issue since it is set up correctly. The issue seems to be that the ROM is recognizing my phone as a Verizon Wireless phone. Verizon Wireless is listed as the network in my About Phone settings, and Verizon Wireless is listed on my network tile.