OmniROM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

evolone

Mar 19, 2011
Anyone have suggestions for custom kernels that work well with the latest nightlies?

I second Plasma ...the most recent versions are from http://www.plasmakernel.com or more specifically here and get the *_omni.zip. Also recommend the Synapse app from the market for kernel settings, they're written by the same dev.

Devil kernel apparently works too (Devil3.4_0.1.4) but I haven't used it personally so I can't confirm this, it also hasn't been updated in a few months.

ipzant

Feb 9, 2011
All the time the I update the Rom my phone lost the baseband and everything else with the carrier. Its anyway to fix that without go back to stock and reflash Omni Again!!!

imann

Apr 4, 2011
All the time the I update the Rom my phone lost the baseband and everything else with the carrier. Its anyway to fix that without go back to stock and reflash Omni Again!!!

Are you using TWRP? I couldn't get that to work properly and had to go back to philz.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: ipzant

singe0072

Feb 28, 2011
Ok!! go back to Philz, but auto -update won't be possible. Thanks!!
I run Philz and yes the auto-update is not completely automatic but does work. Omni puts the update files on your sdcard called OpenDelta. So if you push Flash from the system update screen it will reboot into recovery and stop in Philz with an error. All you have to do is navigate in Philz to the OpenDelta folder and install the update.

As always make a backup in Philz before installing an update or new ROM.

~singe0072

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Reactions: ipzant

Devotech

Jan 6, 2009
Philz will flash automatically... Go to the System Update screen, and hit the menu - Uncheck "Secure". Philz will then automatically flash fine after that. Put any it items you need to flash after the ROM in the "Flash after update" folder in the Open Delta folder. This is where you would put the SuperSU zip to auto root after the update.

Last edited:
Reactions: ipzant and enormous

skye206

Jun 19, 2011
Dover De
If TWRP doesn't work for L900 4.4, and the install fails on Philz, then how do we install the rom?

Philz install the Roms just fine. Its the auto update feature that was ment to work with twrp. You don't need to use the auto update feature its just quicker and easier. You could flash the updates or nightlys traditionally.

Some one please confirm this. This is how it works in similar Roms like PA

Max-o

Jan 25, 2008
San Francisco
Philz will flash automatically... Go to the System Update screen, and hit the menu - Uncheck "Secure". Philz will then automatically flash fine after that. Put any it items you need to flash after the ROM in the "Flash after update" folder in the Open Delta folder. This is where you would put the SuperSU zip to auto root after the update.

Philz install the Roms just fine. Its the auto update feature that was ment to work with twrp. You don't need to use the auto update feature its just quicker and easier. You could flash the updates or nightlys traditionally.

Some one please confirm this. This is how it works in similar Roms like PA

If you try to flash an update without turning the secure feature off it will fail and you need to install in manually like an other nightly. But if you turn off the secure feature then yes, philz will work with auto updating. And like Devotech said, you can then put zips into the "flash after update" folder like kernels.

thabluebull

Nov 26, 2011
Nightly Problems

I noticed the last 2 nightlies and md5s don't have any size, as in 0 kb. Anybody know why and when it'll be fixed?

Newbie_from_NJ

Jun 22, 2010
Running latest Nightly (8-3-14) and have been experiencing random reboots frequently. I have Philz recovery and stock kernel.

Anyone else experiencing random reboots?

Also noticed that both my file managers (ES File Explorer and FX) have lost access to be able to write to my SD Card within the past week. I found this solution, SD Fix, but it's mainly for rooted stock ROM as most customs ROMs already have the fix.

Is it okay to run this apk on this ROM?

---------- Post added at 10:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 AM ----------

So I decided to give SDFix a try and the app stated that my device appears to already have write access to SD Cards.

Anyone else having this issue?

Newbie_from_NJ

Jun 22, 2010
I wanted to provide an update regarding my random reboots and not being able to write to SD card. I'm glad to report it had nothing to do with this ROM.

I actually have a corrupted 64GB Sandisk Microsd card, which cannot be formatted. Found many complaints online about this card and Samsung devices. I tried formatting the card in Linux, Windows - no avail. Kept getting "card is write protected" error.

I finally contacted Sandisk and they confirmed it's a known issue. Card has lifetime warranty so they are going to replace it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ** If you are interested in taking over the project, pm me **

Offical Site
    XDA Forums
    Google+
    Twitter
    Facebook
    IRC(User)
    JIRA

Disclaimer
    Flash at your OWN Risk

How to Install
    Install TWRP
    Factory Reset
    Format System
    Install ROM
    Install Google Apps
    Install SuperSU

How to Update
    Goto SuperSU -> Settings -> Install SuperSU backup script
    Goto Settings -> About phone -> System Updates -> Check now
    This will download and install latest OTA

DOWNLOAD
    TWRP
    ROM
    Google Apps
    SuperSU

Known Issues

Developer Stuff
    COMPILE YOURSELF
    Github
    Gerrit
    IRC(Dev)
    Changelog

XDA:DevDB Information
    OmniROM, ROM for the Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note II

Contributors
    UtkarshGupta, XpLoDWilD, Entropy512, OmniROM Team
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    ROM Firmware Required: SPH-L900
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: Nightlies

Created 2014-04-10
    Last Updated 2014-12-08
    Hello everybody.
    Since slick_rick has sold his note 2, I'll be taking over this thread soon.
    I am trying to consolidate all t0lte variants into one.
    Please test: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=51583240
    Just test as much as you can, but only with stock kernel.
    It might make custom kernels incompatible, but I'll work it out.

Many yet to be merged awesome features like Multiwindow are included in this build. Multiwindow not exactly like samsung. Look for info in post I linked.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
    New build is uploaded. Data is working now without any issues or tweaks.
    Try it and give me a list of everything that is working and not working.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
    Good news!
    1)Closed source camera blob has been merged.
    What does this mean ? This means a very stable camera + much faster.
    2)Sensor fix has also been merged into builds. So you don't need to flash it.
    Also, I highly recommend either formating /system (not data) & manually flashing next build when it comes out, or you may run into problems.
    This will not effect any of your data. Just flash latest build, gapps, supersu.
    Next build will reflect new changes :)
    I noticed the last 2 nightlies and md5s don't have any size, as in 0 kb. Anybody know why and when it'll be fixed?
    Nightlies will continue starting tomorrow.