[ICONS] X2K2's Tiles Icons (220) (Designed For 800x480) [V4.1 - 11|16|2010]

Search This thread

xero2002

Sep 18, 2010
www.nxportal.com
..:: X2K2's Tiles Icons ::..

- 220 icons so far (Covers pretty much everything you need, always room for more though)
- Designed for 800x480 screens (Tested on Samsung Galaxy S)
- Designed for 5 rows / 4 columns homescreen setup (LauncherPro or ADW) (Otherwise the layout gets screwed!)
- Designed to be used with Notification bar (Otherwise the layout gets screwed!)
- To be applied with Desktop Visualizer (Can be found on the Market for free)
- Includes various tiles (1x1, 1x2, 2x1, 3x1, 4x1)
- Several versions for each icon
- Clean look, no icon names
- No resizing required (No need for LauchnerPro Plus)
- Precisely measured
- Source pictures grabbed from various places (Props to the original creators!)
- Inspired by Windows Phone 7

Resolutions used

1x1 = 110x122px
1x2 = 115x264px
2x1 = 230x124px
3x1 = 355x124px
4x1 = 475x124px

More versions might follow
Spacing between icons horizontal/vertical = 10px

HowTo

Select the Desktop Visualizer widget size you want to use, then the matching icon size.
For 1x1 icons select Desktop Visualizer (Small).
In Desktop Visualizer remove the icon label and set touch effect to none for the best look.

Things noticed while playing around with different icon sizes

Creating the perfect look with tiles is quite tricky. Exact pixel "mathematics" don't really work out with the different widget sizes.
According to some calcualting I did, the icon sizes should be different, than what they finally turned out to be.
For example the width for the 4x1 icon is 470px, even though the raw image size is 475px.
But when actually using 470px as raw image size, the spacing between the tiles gets reduced to 8px, instead of 10px.
I actually did several drawings on plain old paper to determine the pixel sizes for all icons.
But it turned out to be another case of theory VS praxis. So in the end, these are the icon sizes that work out perfectly in real life.
I haven't tested several configurations, like a homescreen with only 1x1 icons. That's what the end user will have to do.
And that's why I need some feedback on your different configurations. :)

Preview

Example

sc20101107-234753rrgm.png

Download

http://www.multiupload.com/7TSJ2T73SB

Or Topic Attachment

Enjoy! :D

Change Log

V1: Initial Release
V2: 1x1 icons fixed, now 110x122
V3: Added another 34 icons like Twitter, Facebook, Dropbox, Weather, AngryBirds... + fixed one icon
V4: Added 60 more icons in different categories like sports, games, news and comics. Also fixed some icon sizes and names.
V4.1: Some fixes

Attachments

• X2K2_TILES_V4.1.zip
    6.1 MB · Views: 20,021
Last edited:

bluelt1ss

Sep 27, 2010
these look great. i am d/ling and testing this tonight

edit: just finished up what i wanted. it looks awesome. a totally new look/feel. big thanks!

Last edited:

xero2002

Sep 18, 2010
www.nxportal.com
I see you have edited your post.
Previously you asked for making these fit on a Droid X.

It's screen has 54 more vertical pixels and since I didn't keep all the sources, I cannot create matching icons without going through a crapload of work.

Just resizing the current ones would lower the quality and if you don't wanna lose aspect ratio, then you'd also gain width, not just height.

So I gotta go with no, it was meant for 800x480 and I'm stickin' to that.

Bit busy right now, but hoping to have more finished soon.

PS: Added a fixed V4.1 + previews, so you can see what's in it. :)

Last edited:

Matc21

Nov 5, 2010
Wow, thanks. Will try this out.

Can you upload/explain your Launcherpro Icons too?
And whats the name of the date/weather-widget?

Last edited:

nazrazr

Jul 14, 2010
so how can i apply this to my phone??? do i need to download any files first before i can apply this icon??? i am really interested right now!!!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ..:: X2K2's Tiles Icons ::..

- 220 icons so far (Covers pretty much everything you need, always room for more though)
    - Designed for 800x480 screens (Tested on Samsung Galaxy S)
    - Designed for 5 rows / 4 columns homescreen setup (LauncherPro or ADW) (Otherwise the layout gets screwed!)
    - Designed to be used with Notification bar (Otherwise the layout gets screwed!)
    - To be applied with Desktop Visualizer (Can be found on the Market for free)
    - Includes various tiles (1x1, 1x2, 2x1, 3x1, 4x1)
    - Several versions for each icon
    - Clean look, no icon names
    - No resizing required (No need for LauchnerPro Plus)
    - Precisely measured
    - Source pictures grabbed from various places (Props to the original creators!)
    - Inspired by Windows Phone 7

Resolutions used

1x1 = 110x122px
    1x2 = 115x264px
    2x1 = 230x124px
    3x1 = 355x124px
    4x1 = 475x124px

More versions might follow
    Spacing between icons horizontal/vertical = 10px

HowTo

Select the Desktop Visualizer widget size you want to use, then the matching icon size.
    For 1x1 icons select Desktop Visualizer (Small).
    In Desktop Visualizer remove the icon label and set touch effect to none for the best look.

Things noticed while playing around with different icon sizes

Creating the perfect look with tiles is quite tricky. Exact pixel "mathematics" don't really work out with the different widget sizes.
    According to some calcualting I did, the icon sizes should be different, than what they finally turned out to be.
    For example the width for the 4x1 icon is 470px, even though the raw image size is 475px.
    But when actually using 470px as raw image size, the spacing between the tiles gets reduced to 8px, instead of 10px.
    I actually did several drawings on plain old paper to determine the pixel sizes for all icons.
    But it turned out to be another case of theory VS praxis. So in the end, these are the icon sizes that work out perfectly in real life.
    I haven't tested several configurations, like a homescreen with only 1x1 icons. That's what the end user will have to do.
    And that's why I need some feedback on your different configurations. :)

Preview

Example

sc20101107-234753rrgm.png

Download

http://www.multiupload.com/7TSJ2T73SB

Or Topic Attachment

Enjoy! :D

Change Log

V1: Initial Release
    V2: 1x1 icons fixed, now 110x122
    V3: Added another 34 icons like Twitter, Facebook, Dropbox, Weather, AngryBirds... + fixed one icon
    V4: Added 60 more icons in different categories like sports, games, news and comics. Also fixed some icon sizes and names.
    V4.1: Some fixes
    Can anyone link me to that black wallpaper?

thanks

GIYF

or...

MS Paint -> Create black image.

Jeremy Clarkson would ask "How hard can it be?"
    Thanks for the positive feedback. :)
    You're not supposed to run the program.

You're supposed to use it from within the widgets menu.
    Long press your desktop, select Widgets, then select the desired widget size.
    The configure the widget by the instructions given in the first post.
    great look. love it