Galaxy S Plus I9001 General

Search This thread

Smirftsch

Jan 30, 2013
hello folks,
first off, thanks for the work on this, I am kinda new to the modding, but I am developing myself in an other area, so I know how much time this means.

Forgive me if I missed something but 118 pages in one topic are really cruel.

My problem is, that after installing any CM10 the gapps don't seem to work anymore. Tried 3 CM10 mods now so far, this one is the latest now and everything seems to work quite fine- except that the installation of the gapps just results in nothing. I can install it, it reports successful installation, but after reboot no gapps are there.
I tried some EriksMod, ariesve_PAC_jb-alpha-v18.0.0 and now cm-10-20130130-ivendor-alpha7-ariesve.
I downloaded various versions of the gapps package, while gapps-jb-20121011-signed seems to be the one I need.
It only reports some CSC error, but nevertheless says installation successful. No further information, nothing. Just not there.
Can anyone give me a hint what I am missing?

sziggins

Nov 21, 2012
hello folks,
first off, thanks for the work on this, I am kinda new to the modding, but I am developing myself in an other area, so I know how much time this means.

Forgive me if I missed something but 118 pages in one topic are really cruel.

My problem is, that after installing any CM10 the gapps don't seem to work anymore. Tried 3 CM10 mods now so far, this one is the latest now and everything seems to work quite fine- except that the installation of the gapps just results in nothing. I can install it, it reports successful installation, but after reboot no gapps are there.
I tried some EriksMod, ariesve_PAC_jb-alpha-v18.0.0 and now cm-10-20130130-ivendor-alpha7-ariesve.
I downloaded various versions of the gapps package, while gapps-jb-20121011-signed seems to be the one I need.
It only reports some CSC error, but nevertheless says installation successful. No further information, nothing. Just not there.
Can anyone give me a hint what I am missing?

Hi,
I would download first this gapps and then do this with the new ivendor's rom.

Last edited:

Arlic123

Feb 1, 2013
I think I'm stupid

Hi guys,

Im new here and I think a ****ing noob!

First of all: I have a Samsung S9001 which has several bugs in the samsung android system.

This is why I read http://xdaforums.com/wiki/Samsung_Galaxy_S_Plus#Boot-loop to get a new operation system.

first of all I tried to root my mobile using
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1253707 and
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=17395735&postcount=19

but it doesnt mather what I try, it seems it is impossible for me to go through the "android of the box". My Phone will restart after a couple of seconds and wont allow me to select the file on the SD-Kart to root my phone.

Do you have any tips? Im really feeling stupid atm...
Thanks for your help and answers!
(and sorry for the probably bad english but I haven’t to write in english for years)

Last edited:

anuseb89

Nov 5, 2012
Bangalore
Hi guys,

First of all: I have a Samsung S9001 which has several bugs in the samsung android system.

This is why I read http://xdaforums.com/wiki/Samsung_Galaxy_S_Plus#Boot-loop to get a new operation system.

but it doesnt mather what I try, it seems it is impossible for me to go through the "android of the box". My Phone will restart after a couple of seconds and wont allow me to select the file on the SD-Kart to root my phone.

(and sorry for the probably bad english but I haven’t to write in english for years)

As a starter refer below link...
http://xdaforums.com/wiki/Samsung_Galaxy_S_Plus/GT-I9001
Follow the steps...it will work..go through it once and understand basics then u start rooting and remaining things...

Sent from my GT-I9001 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: Arlic123

muhammadnajmi96

Nov 24, 2012
Sepang
Hi guys,

Okay, lets me help you :) , first of all download the root.zip and put it in sdcard ( internal memory ) , switch off your phone. Press volume up+ power button at once for a few second. Wait for a sec , until something appear ( i already forget what's has appear xD ) , press the menu button ( beside left home button ) ONCE ! And wait , the stock recovery will appear :)

Regards ,

Reactions: Arlic123

sziggins

Nov 21, 2012
As a starter refer below link...
http://xdaforums.com/wiki/Samsung_Galaxy_S_Plus/GT-I9001
Follow the steps...it will work..go through it once and understand basics then u start rooting and remaining things...

Hi anuseb89,
I wanted to flash the KPM baseband and I saw it on your signature but the link is dead: "410 - Gone". You could updated yours with this found it from wiki's page for SGS+.

Last edited:

Arlic123

Feb 1, 2013
Okay, lets me help you :) , first of all download the root.zip and put it in sdcard ( internal memory ) , switch off your phone. Press volume up+ power button at once for a few second. Wait for a sec , until something appear ( i already forget what's has appear xD ) , press the menu button ( beside left home button ) ONCE ! And wait , the stock recovery will appear :)

Regards ,

thx - Im stupid xD

pressed the return button yesterday -.- and didnt notice

mastigos

Aug 14, 2012
Bucharest
CyanogenMod 10 by ivendor - Alpha 7 - Kernel 3.0.x - bugs?

Hi guys,

I read the forums from a long time and finally i decided to install a custom ROM on my S9001 phone.
I installed the ROM listed on http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2000828 .
I did a clean installation, following the instructions on the forums.

The phone works great, it's fast and smooth. gaming never been so good on it.
However, there are some issues:

- Battery drain is very "unstable" : 1st night was about 4% , 2nd night was about 20% . Both times, wireless, 3g and GPS were OFF.
- Charging from USB works perfectly, but when a charger is plugged in, it works randomly.
- Front camera shows image correctly, but when sending video with skype, tango or other video-chat software, the image received by the chat partner is upside down ( vertically flipped) . Putting the phone on a side and auto-rotating the screen fixes the issue :D (strange behaviour)
- Switching from 3g to Wireless - doesn't detect any of the wireless routers saved in connection profiles. It does show al other available routers. Rebooting the phone fixes the issue. Problem appears randomly .
- butter doesn't really work..

Did any of you tried this and had similar issues?
I know the ROM i installed is alpha, so the described bugs probably are normal in this stage, however, if any of you had similar issues or knows a fix ( that doesn't imply returning to stock ) , please let me know.

Thank you all in advance!

anuseb89

Nov 5, 2012
Bangalore
Hi guys,

I read the forums from a long time and finally i decided to install a custom ROM on my S9001 phone.
I installed the ROM listed on http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2000828 .
I did a clean installation, following the instructions on the forums.

The phone works great, it's fast and smooth. gaming never been so good on it.
However, there are some issues:

- Battery drain is very "unstable" : 1st night was about 4% , 2nd night was about 20% . Both times, wireless, 3g and GPS were OFF.
- Charging from USB works perfectly, but when a charger is plugged in, it works randomly.
- Front camera shows image correctly, but when sending video with skype, tango or other video-chat software, the image received by the chat partner is upside down ( vertically flipped) . Putting the phone on a side and auto-rotating the screen fixes the issue :D (strange behaviour)
- Switching from 3g to Wireless - doesn't detect any of the wireless routers saved in connection profiles. It does show al other available routers. Rebooting the phone fixes the issue. Problem appears randomly .
- butter doesn't really work..

Did any of you tried this and had similar issues?
I know the ROM i installed is alpha, so the described bugs probably are normal in this stage, however, if any of you had similar issues or knows a fix ( that doesn't imply returning to stock ) , please let me know.

Thank you all in advance!

I dont think u know the background of this 9001 development..the author of that thread is the first person who fixed camera issue on v3 kernel and rdleased rom which have vsync enabled.. till this time the main ficus was wirking camera..now it is done...stability is fine for me..and these small issues u reported will be fuxed soon in later releases because compared with what he have done already these issues are nothing..
And u can report any bugs or issues in the original thread instead of posting here..make sure it is not reported already...
One last word..we have a very good jb rom now...enjoy it....

mastigos

Aug 14, 2012
Bucharest
I dont think u know the background of this 9001 development..the author of that thread is the first person who fixed camera issue on v3 kernel and rdleased rom which have vsync enabled.. till this time the main ficus was wirking camera..now it is done...stability is fine for me..and these small issues u reported will be fuxed soon in later releases because compared with what he have done already these issues are nothing..
And u can report any bugs or issues in the original thread instead of posting here..make sure it is not reported already...
One last word..we have a very good jb rom now...enjoy it....

As i already said, i do read the forums from a lot of time. I do know the background of this 9001 development. And indeed the author did an amazing job and i'm really thankful for that.

About reporting in the original thread.. well, that's a bit difficult because of x-da forum rules: 10 posts required in other forum threads to be able to post in devs threads. Since i don't like posting just to post something, i am way under that "minimum limit" .

Yes, indeed, the rom is very good and i enjoy it.

Thank you for the answer, i'll just wait for the future fixes.

redaxda

Nov 22, 2012
Camera again

I have tested the camera recording on ICS RC 3 made by arco, I got averge 28.8 fps ( 29.9 in the stock rom), and i tested the same rom with CastagnaIT Kernel 3.7, i got averge 26.6 fps (with the default frequency).

Rocco3

Jan 12, 2013
Stuttgart
for me: i tested several roms on my wifes SGS1plus and i can say, that only the stock rom worked fine with the camera. all other roms have issues with FSP drops, stutter and so on :crying:

N

Nello96

R: Galaxy S Plus I9001 General

for me: i tested several roms on my wifes SGS1plus and i can say, that only the stock rom worked fine with the camera. all other roms have issues with FSP drops, stutter and so on :crying:

Yes, same for me.. I saw with sun's light this doesn't happen and I would like a ROM even with 300mb of ram but with 30fps video recording (but I think isn't possible because of old drivers)

Inviato dal mio Galaxy S Plus i9001 JB

AriSLaSH

Feb 1, 2013
Shahin-Shahr
RE:i9001 general

which ROM have you installed?
currently i have CM10 ported by ivendor and camera works fine!
(Only some VISUAL glitches when taking a panorama but the result is fine)
anyway,if you are comfortable with GingerBread(2.x+) you may use GingerRevenge by hiej
the ROMs listed above work absolutely fine.But you may have rare problems with CM10,however,GingerRevenge is completely bugless and fast!
Hope this could help you guys.:D

P.S:GIGABREAD+ is also a supergreat ROM!

Last edited:

kaydecop

Feb 9, 2012
utrecht
is there a way to get rid of the dialer app, everytime i close a call? It's obvious it's there when you redial someone. But when someone calls me while I'm browsing (for example) and we hang up, dialer app appears and i first have to close that...

AriSLaSH

Feb 1, 2013
Shahin-Shahr
is there a way to get rid of the dialer app, everytime i close a call? It's obvious it's there when you redial someone. But when someone calls me while I'm browsing (for example) and we hang up, dialer app appears and i first have to close that...

which ROM are you in?
if your in a custom ROM this could happen.
This, also happened for me and with wiping cache & fixing permissions it was solved.dunno if it works on your current ROM.:laugh:

Reactions: Thymo

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I managed to completely repair GPS on 9001. I did hardware fix, there was a bad connection between antenna and motherboard, so I only inserted a small piece of paper under the antenna, so now connection is 100%. Before fix, there were only 4 satelites on the radar, now it's up to 11 :fingers-crossed:

Location is fixed under 3 seconds :)

I did it without any soldering...
    Could you please attach some photos for that surgery.
    I strongly believe that GPS problems in GT-I9001 are hardware based on its random occurrence.
    Thanks for the good job :good:

It is boring for me to write full explanation again, here is the link that leads to the instructions, I wrote it on local forums in my country, so use Google Translate, or find someone who knows Serbian to translate it for you :p

http://www.mycity.rs/Android/Samsung-Galaxy-S-Plus-GT-I9001-The-Ultimate-Guide.html#p1578804
    CWM Porting...

Like someone asked me.... I would be very happy to develop the CWM Recovery and many other mods if you can give me one esemplar of this phone...

Inviato dal mio GT-I9003 usando Tapatalk
    Update on our ICS project: a WIP (work in progress) thread will be opened soon in our dev section, there should be a nightly build to download which is not yet tested nor confirmed working, so when it comes out logcat and feedback from users will be very helpful. So keep an eye on our dev section and any updates/details from zackconsole.
    Please Keep All General non-Development chit chats within topic! to keep the Galaxy S Plus I9001 Development area with irrelevant pollution.

Thank you
    -- A.G.