Galaxy S Plus I9001 General

Search This thread

anuseb89

Nov 5, 2012
Bangalore
Hi everyone I'm new here. First of all sorry for my English.

I have been y htcmania Spanish forum and I decided to make a big step and move here. I spect learn a lot and improve my English hahaha.

Well I have test many ROMs and now I'm with Ehndroix II becouse I have an issue with ivendor's betas. I any of you could post this message in development post it would be great:

"Hi, I have a little problem with this ROM and it's that the events and birthdays' calendar of my gmail contacts doesn't appear in calendar app. I think is easy to fix just becouse in other JB ROM, like Ehndroix, it appears. It should be great if developers could fix it.

Thank you so much for this great work."

I haven't privileges to post in development post, I'm working on it

Hope you could do that favor or even you know the solution of this issue.

Thanks in advance

Have u turned off sync option in ivendor rom.. ?? check the below screenshot..goto settings..select your gmail account..click the option to sync.

it should work in ivendor rom because ehndroix uses ivendor rom as its base.. ( u can check credits ) ..there are no problems in sync with ivendor rom at all..try this and report if any issues are there...

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-03-26-09-23-32.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-03-26-09-23-32.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 116

sito44

Feb 28, 2013
Have u turned off sync option in ivendor rom.. ?? check the below screenshot..goto settings..select your gmail account..click the option to sync.

it should work in ivendor rom because ehndroix uses ivendor rom as its base.. ( u can check credits ) ..there are no problems in sync with ivendor rom at all..try this and report if any issues are there...

No it's only that calendar "events and birthdays" my own calendar apears ando some others i have but that calendar doesn't. I'll try in B4 I don't know if its fixed. I have tried all sync options and nothing works with that calendar. It's a really strange issue, and I don't know why in roms with the same base it works, maybe my device its crazy hahahaha.

Thanks anyway

boziv

Nov 11, 2012
Madrid
Ehndroix II Data Consum

Hello.

I wanted to post this on development, but as i'm new i can't.
I was using the Ehndroix I, and i started to use Ehndroix II. Everything is working smoothly and well, but i have a huge problem. I saw that another guy had the same problem, i have a HUGE data consum. In 5 days moreless 4GB.

My guess, maybe when you restart the phone and it says "updating apps" it download somethings, I attach two files with the data traffic, Is Android OS the one that makes the consumtion.

I hope you can help me, thank you!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-03-27-01-21-02.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-03-27-01-21-02.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 120
  • Screenshot_2013-03-27-01-21-09.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-03-27-01-21-09.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 120

sito44

Feb 28, 2013
My issue is solved in ivendor's beta 4. Thanks. Great work and great community for this device :)

Enviado desde mi Nexus 7 usando Tapatalk 2

DimonXX

Mar 6, 2011
Invendor beta 4 CM10

GPS often freezes on Yandex maps. Previously, this has not happened. Today there was a reboot after freezing GPS.

peterhollard

Sep 24, 2010
Yzerfontein
MEGA

I would like to encourage more Devs to use MEGA as a means of distributing their ROMs. It is very fast and reliable for me. I have a MEGA account and so I can import the ROM immediately to my account from the XDA link on my PC or using the free MEGA application in the Play Store .. I can then download it to my phone at my leisure and I always have it available in my MEGA account if I want to download it to friends phones or send them a link .. and its very fast for me

Samms

Apr 5, 2012
Hey all,

Since I found this problem recurring on several ROMS, I think this would be best suited to post here.

I'm currently experiencing some heavy battery draining by Google Services.
Now, I'm not a big Google user. Apart from having my phone backed-up through Google and syncing contacts/calendar, I'm not a fan of Maps, Google Now and other google features... I've never seen anything but the Screen consume the post battery until now.

Recent stats show Google Services using over 50% of my battery over 10h of use with the screen hardly reaching 5% (screen has been off most of the time, meaning it must be quite a wakelock).

I've tried disabling some services (Location, Maps, Google Services Framework) but I don't see much of an impact and disabling Google Services Framework only causes Play Store to enter an infinite FC loop...

I'd really appreciate any input.

ziemas

Apr 15, 2013
Hey all,

Since I found this problem recurring on several ROMS, I think this would be best suited to post here.

I'm currently experiencing some heavy battery draining by Google Services.
Now, I'm not a big Google user. Apart from having my phone backed-up through Google and syncing contacts/calendar, I'm not a fan of Maps, Google Now and other google features... I've never seen anything but the Screen consume the post battery until now.

Recent stats show Google Services using over 50% of my battery over 10h of use with the screen hardly reaching 5% (screen has been off most of the time, meaning it must be quite a wakelock).

I've tried disabling some services (Location, Maps, Google Services Framework) but I don't see much of an impact and disabling Google Services Framework only causes Play Store to enter an infinite FC loop...

I'd really appreciate any input.

Have you tried the Greenify app to put those apps into hibernation until you use them? I've found that it works a charm to keep apps from leaching battery use in the background.

cyelanius

Sep 21, 2012
battery drain high

sometimes it could be the rom that caused high battery drains.. the setting or stuff.. try to use better battery stat to identify, next you u can use xdadeepsleep battery saver (search on xda ) to make sure your phone enter deep sleep. You can try to calibrate your phone battery too :eek: now you can use the app battery calibration (created by xda developer) instead of doing the the long procedure. :good:

anuseb89

Nov 5, 2012
Bangalore
sometimes it could be the rom that caused high battery drains.. the setting or stuff.. try to use better battery stat to identify, next you u can use xdadeepsleep battery saver (search on xda ) to make sure your phone enter deep sleep. You can try to calibrate your phone battery too :eek: now you can use the app battery calibration (created by xda developer) instead of doing the the long procedure. :good:

In my opinion the best thing to do with deep sleep issue is, find out which application is causing it and take action instead of using some another app for forcing into deep sleep..

At present none of our rom bases have deep sleep issue..so it is definitely ur settings or some mods.. :)

Sent from my GT-I9001 using xda app-developers app

Samms

Apr 5, 2012
Have you tried the Greenify app to put those apps into hibernation until you use them? I've found that it works a charm to keep apps from leaching battery use in the background.

I could give that a shot next time. I managed to isolate the draining to the Google sub-service "checkin handoff". But this is kind of where it ended. I couldn't disable this service without crippling every other google-based feature (Play Store, Contacts, Calendar etc).

I was using Ivendor's CM10 (see sig) that reportedly had great battery stats, as well as the kernel. As far as I could dig in, it wasn't ROM or Kernel related.

In my opinion the best thing to do with deep sleep issue is, find out which application is causing it and take action instead of using some another app for forcing into deep sleep..

At present none of our rom bases have deep sleep issue..so it is definitely ur settings or some mods.. :)

Exactly, but I wasn't alone with this problem. Using past tense since, for some reason, Google Play Store stopped working and could do nothing but chain-FC so I was left to do a data-wipe and now it's behaving like it should (15h and still 40% left on battery with normal to extensive use :D).

Thanks for your help guys!

Last edited:

ehsan453

Apr 28, 2013
Best Rom for Galaxy S Plus

It's My Galaxy S Plus specs.

SC20130427-184558.jpg

My phone automatically turns itself off and won't power back on per day or sometimes restarts automaticaly. It's not rooted.
You are kindly requested to tell me what's the best Official and also the best and bug-free custom Rom for my Device. i'm interested to upgrade its version to 4.2.1 or 4.2.2

Tnx.

Nekcbraker

Apr 28, 2013
You are kindly requested to tell me what's the best Official and also the best and bug-free custom Rom for my Device. i'm interested to upgrade its version to 4.2.1 or 4.2.2
I'm using this Rom atm:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2212409

runs very smooth, low battery drain, but not customized if you want that. Also updated very often.
But it's no official CM-Rom, but afaik our device isn't listed for official CM 10.1

Last edited:
Reactions: ehsan453

ehsan453

Apr 28, 2013
Last edited:

Nekcbraker

Apr 28, 2013
Tnx. The second release (RC2) of this rom is here
plz let me know if it has bugs with any of wifi, camera, mobile network, bluetooth,...
No. The Rom you named is a different android version, a different developer, a different CM version, all in all a different Rom.
Informations about the Rom I've shown you can be found in the Thread.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I managed to completely repair GPS on 9001. I did hardware fix, there was a bad connection between antenna and motherboard, so I only inserted a small piece of paper under the antenna, so now connection is 100%. Before fix, there were only 4 satelites on the radar, now it's up to 11 :fingers-crossed:

Location is fixed under 3 seconds :)

I did it without any soldering...
    Could you please attach some photos for that surgery.
    I strongly believe that GPS problems in GT-I9001 are hardware based on its random occurrence.
    Thanks for the good job :good:

It is boring for me to write full explanation again, here is the link that leads to the instructions, I wrote it on local forums in my country, so use Google Translate, or find someone who knows Serbian to translate it for you :p

http://www.mycity.rs/Android/Samsung-Galaxy-S-Plus-GT-I9001-The-Ultimate-Guide.html#p1578804
    CWM Porting...

Like someone asked me.... I would be very happy to develop the CWM Recovery and many other mods if you can give me one esemplar of this phone...

Inviato dal mio GT-I9003 usando Tapatalk
    Update on our ICS project: a WIP (work in progress) thread will be opened soon in our dev section, there should be a nightly build to download which is not yet tested nor confirmed working, so when it comes out logcat and feedback from users will be very helpful. So keep an eye on our dev section and any updates/details from zackconsole.
    Please Keep All General non-Development chit chats within topic! to keep the Galaxy S Plus I9001 Development area with irrelevant pollution.

Thank you
    -- A.G.