[ROM] [4.4.4] AOKP KitKat *-Unofficial-*

Search This thread

crad614

Oct 3, 2013
Columbus
ya i am trying to go back to stock now i got to return the phone to work lol but i think i just messed it up its now doing a boot loop .. dame any ideas? lol

I know this is frowned on, but every time I have used odin to return to stock i've gotten a bootloop, and the only way to get out of it was to factory reset using the stock recovery. I feared for the life of my phone each time, but it was the only way thing that would work. I have done it at least 5 times, each time before I flash a custom rom.

juggalo818

Oct 30, 2012
Burbank
www.androidhkmarket.co.nr
I know this is frowned on, but every time I have used odin to return to stock i've gotten a bootloop, and the only way to get out of it was to factory reset using the stock recovery. I feared for the life of my phone each time, but it was the only way thing that would work. I have done it at least 5 times, each time before I flash a custom rom.
thanks so much worked

@Kiltnar

I see you enjoy playing around with different kernels and features is there any way you could look into bringing Dual-Boot to our beloved SkyRocket
Before I ended up with the AT&T SkyRocket I had the Orig GS-2 of-course it was an Exynos device versus our now QC
anyway my point is before switching to the SK I ran What is known as the Siyah Kernel on my OG-S2
and it was awesome to just be able to load a Rom on any spare SD-Card pop it in and Boot a Different Rom

Is this a pipe dream do to it being a QC Device?

Kiltnar

Sep 23, 2012
Greenwood
New build up Nov. 2, 2014

There is a new build up, will update the OP in a few minutes. This one has the SultanKernel. Will build another one in a couple days with regular cm kernel.

Last edited:
Reactions: vincom and xonelith

xonelith

Jul 12, 2013
Whitby
There is a new build up, will update the OP in a few minutes. This one has the SultanKernel. Will build another one in a couple days with regular cm kernel.

Thanks.

Not sure if I did something wrong, but I keep getting a bootloop. Installed a few times and same thing. No GApps, clean flash.

First file is after the flash and the first reboot. Second is after a few more. Hope these help or maybe it's me:)

Attachments

• last_kmsg_aokp_1.txt
    256 KB · Views: 6
  • last_kmsg_aokp_2.txt
    256 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: Kiltnar

Kiltnar

Sep 23, 2012
Greenwood
Thanks.

Not sure if I did something wrong, but I keep getting a bootloop. Installed a few times and same thing. No GApps, clean flash.

First file is after the flash and the first reboot. Second is after a few more. Hope these help or maybe it's me:)

I downloaded from XDA onto my 'rocket. Did a direct download, rebooted into TWRP 2.7.1.0, wiped /System and did a factory reset, installed AOKP, rebooted. Working fine for me. Could be a bad download. (Shouldn't be as Xda uses md5 checks). but might download and try again. I took a look at the log(s) you posted, nothing jumped out at me. BTW, many thanks for posting logs!

xonelith

Jul 12, 2013
Whitby
That's pretty much what I did. Verified md5 but using twrp 2.8.1.0. I'll try another Dl. If that doesn't work I'll try an older version of twrp to see if that's the culprit.

Thanks again for this.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA Free mobile app

Kiltnar

Sep 23, 2012
Greenwood
That's pretty much what I did. Verified md5 but using twrp 2.8.1.0. I'll try another Dl. If that doesn't work I'll try an older version of twrp to see if that's the culprit.

Thanks again for this.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA Free mobile app
I'd switch to the older twrp version. I tried using 2.8 and had loads of problems. Switched back to 2.7.1.0 and it works like a charm. NP.

xonelith

Jul 12, 2013
Whitby
I'd switch to the older twrp version. I tried using 2.8 and had loads of problems. Switched back to 2.7.1.0 and it works like a charm. NP.

I installed 2.7.1.0 and I'm getting the same issue. Attached another log. I'm at work right now, but will send you a PM with more information as I get time:)

xonelith

Jul 12, 2013
Whitby
I see there are 200 downloads of the Nov 1st update. Is anyone else having issues installing this? Or is it just me?

Looking forward to the new build tonight; see if that makes any difference for me.

Thanks for your assistance @Kiltnar.

Kiltnar

Sep 23, 2012
Greenwood
I see there are 200 downloads of the Nov 1st update. Is anyone else having issues installing this? Or is it just me?

Looking forward to the new build tonight; see if that makes any difference for me.

Thanks for your assistance @Kiltnar.
No problem. Sorry we couldn't get you going. [emoji35] hopefully you'll have better luck with the next build.

xonelith

Jul 12, 2013
Whitby
No problem. Sorry we couldn't get you going. [emoji35] hopefully you'll have better luck with the next build.

I install a lot of ROMs in a week (yes I have a problem). I wonder if there is some junk sitting somewhere that a wipe is not fixing that AOKP doesn't like (only this one as I tried the prior AOKP Sultans and AOKP non Sultans with no issues). :shrug:

Kiltnar

Sep 23, 2012
Greenwood
I install a lot of ROMs in a week (yes I have a problem). I wonder if there is some junk sitting somewhere that a wipe is not fixing that AOKP doesn't like. :shrug:
It's a possibility. I don't think most people have cleared the phone storage since the last official Samsung update. Could be some stuff lurking there.

xonelith

Jul 12, 2013
Whitby
I did a complete wipe and went back to stock using Odin. No luck with the Sultan Kernel one. No clue what's up with my phone that I can't install that one.

No problems with the one you posted tonight. Installed perfectly! Really appreciate the help you gave me @Kiltnar.

Reactions: Kiltnar

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Now Presenting AOKP KitKat for the Skyrocket
    83.png

Device: skyrocket (SGH-I727)

81.png

>> Installation is simple:

If coming from another ROM or another major AOKP version, wipe data in recovery
    Make sure you're using the latest CWM or TWRP 2.6.1.0 (Not TWRP 2.6.3.0) - Thanks @vincom
    Flash ROM
    Flash Google Apps (GAPPS)
    Reboot

78.png

>> Check merged commits on AOKP's Gerrit

80.png

In order from newest to oldest..

Dev Db link 4.4.4 CM kernel Nov. 4, 2014

Dev Db link 4.4.4 SultanXda Kernel Nov. 2, 2014

Dev Db Link 4.4.4 CM Kernel Sept. 15, 2014

Dev Db Link Build 7 4.4.4 SultanXda Kernel Sept 1, 2014

Dev Db Link Build 6 4.4.4 July 8, 2014

Dev Db Link Build 5 4.4.3 June 19, 2014

Dev Db Link Build 4 May 7, 2014

Dev Db Link Build 3

AOKP KitKat Build 2
    DEV DB Link Build 2

AOKP KitKat Build 1
    DEV DB Link

_____Hercules Builds_____
    In hercules forums

Special Thanks
    AOKP
    CM
    Rookie Thread
    Everyone that enjoys this Rom

82.png

>> AOKP Gerrit
    >>AOKP on Github
    >>Source on AOKP.co

79.png

We greatly appreciate your contribution in the form of code, or PayPal donations.
    >> Donation options on AOKP.co

Enjoy!

XDA:DevDB Information
    AOKP KitKat, ROM for the AT&T Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket SGH-I727

Contributors
    Kiltnar, AOKP_ROM
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    Based On: AOKP

Version Information

Created 2014-01-24
    Last Updated 2014-11-04
    Enjoy guys. Just wanted to share with community.

Changelog - Device Changes May 7, 2014
    Qcom-common
    *Fixes for Interactive governor
    *FFMPEG codecs

MSM8660-common
    *remove duplicate SElinux rules
    *add memtrack HAL
    *enable QCOM_BSP
    *disable LPA
    *grant bluetooth LE permissions
    *enable kernel samepage merging (ksm)
    *remove linux includes
    *enable 3 buffers at all times
    *enable media-caf
    *Camera Wrapper
    New Build is up.. Check OP.. Thanks guys. I'll continue building for the skyrocket until I finally brick my phone.
    And now for something completely different! (well .. mostly)

AOKP, freshly synced and built with @Sultanxda 's kernel and device trees. Won't go into ART, so please don't try. ( I let mine sit for about 10 minutes with the only noticible difference that it was geting HOT.)
    Thanks to @Sultanxda for the source and allowing all of us to use those sources.
    Enjoy,
    ~Kiltnar
    Working on getting an update in this weekend with the new bootanimation and 4.4.3. Will update this post if there are problems.
    Thanks guys and gals!

EDIT: New bootanimation isn't working yet.

EDIT2: Boot animation is now working correctly .. rebuilding now. If I have time before I go to work in the morning I'll upload and share. (Hercules will be next)