Newb Stock ROM Question

Search This thread

WCM3

Feb 25, 2011
Hey guys,

So i rooted my Verizon LG G2 a couple months ago and was trying out all the ROMs. I started with Paranoid Android, then AOKP, then Malladus, then Flex ROM, and now i'm back to the Paranoid Android Beta 4. It's been running great for me but I wanted to go back to stock for a little so I've come here with a question. I did a backup of my stock ROM in TWRP and still have it. What would be the process to install a brand new stock rom (completely stock, no bells and whistles)? Can I restore the backup, then go into TWRP and wipe date/cache/etc, then reboot? Should that work? It's probably a super easy question, I just don't want to mess anything up.

Thanks in advance!
Mike

Really now

Dec 2, 2011
NW Indiana
That will do the trick for you. After restoring the factory backup just doing a factory reset will wipe out all of the bells and whistles you put into your backup. Should boot up just like new. I would boot the phone up first before doing the reset though. Maybe not necessary but I like to be cautious too! :laugh:

WCM3

Feb 25, 2011
That will do the trick for you. After restoring the factory backup just doing a factory reset will wipe out all of the bells and whistles you put into your backup. Should boot up just like new. I would boot the phone up first before doing the reset though. Maybe not necessary but I like to be cautious too! :laugh:

Thank you! Yep, i'll restore the backup and make sure it boots with no problems. Then boot into recovery and wipe data/etc.

I'll make sure to backup my current rom just in case. :laugh: Better safe than sorry!

WCM3

Feb 25, 2011

Ut oh didn't seem to work for me. What did I miss? When i wiped, then rebooted, i was frozen at the LG screen.

WCM3

Feb 25, 2011
Are you saying that the stock rom rebooted ok and then you wiped and it won't reboot?

Yep, I restored the file and it booted perfectly fine. Then I rebooted to recovery, wiped data, and rebooted system. It got stuck at the LG screen, so I manually entered recovery with the back keys. What did I do wrong?

Really now

Dec 2, 2011
NW Indiana
Yep, I restored the file and it booted perfectly fine. Then I rebooted to recovery, wiped data, and rebooted system. It got stuck at the LG screen, so I manually entered recovery with the back keys. What did I do wrong?

Restore you backup again and this time when you go into TWRP don't wipe data, just swipe the Factory Reset slider. See if that solves the problem for you.

WCM3

Feb 25, 2011
Restore you backup again and this time when you go into TWRP don't wipe data, just swipe the Factory Reset slider. See if that solves the problem for you.

Will that wipe internal storage too? I usually go into the advanced wipe and wipe everything but internal storage.

Really now

Dec 2, 2011
NW Indiana
No it won't, it will dump your apps and clean the caches and reset the settings.
You can do the same thing from inside the rom by going to system settings/backup reset and doing a reset. I don't know if TWRP does a better or more thorough job of it or not but both ways work.

Last edited: