[Toolkit] Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit v2.1.4 [Updated 01/16/16]: Nexus 10 Thread

Search This thread

joanquro

Jun 8, 2010
Barcelona
System update ready to flash on KRT16S (rooted & TWRP recovery)

Hi, I need your help.

In the past, when my Nexus 10 was rooted and with TWRP recovery, I got an OTA update and let it flash it. I got a bootlop and had to wipe everything and start from scratch with a stock official firmware. Now I have a new OTA update and I don't want to make the same mistake.

My N10 is now on 4.4 KRT16S, rooted with TWRP recovery. I'm afraid that if I accept the update i will get into trouble again and I don't want this to happen.

What Am I supposed to do in order to achieve the installation of the new OTA without problems?.

Do I need to unroot and return to official recovery before applying this new OTA Update, only unroot or only flash official recovery using this Toolkit?.

Thanks.

WugFresh

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 28, 2010
Hi, I need your help.

In the past, when my Nexus 10 was rooted and with TWRP recovery, I got an OTA update and let it flash it. I got a bootlop and had to wipe everything and start from scratch with a stock official firmware. Now I have a new OTA update and I don't want to make the same mistake.

My N10 is now on 4.4 KRT16S, rooted with TWRP recovery. I'm afraid that if I accept the update i will get into trouble again and I don't want this to happen.

What Am I supposed to do in order to achieve the installation of the new OTA without problems?.

Do I need to unroot and return to official recovery before applying this new OTA Update, only unroot or only flash official recovery using this Toolkit?.

Thanks.

Please make a habit of checking the FAQs first, everyone wins. :)

FAQs - Can I still take an OTA after I unlock and root?

FAQs - I am unlocked/rooted and OTA is not working – how do I update to the latest android version (without loosing all my data and/or root)?

{{ WugFresh }}

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Reactions: ICuaI

joanquro

Jun 8, 2010
Barcelona
Reactions: WugFresh

david black

Sep 30, 2010
Indianapolis
plus.google.com
TWRP 2.7.0.1 Nandroid Issue

@WugFresh, thanks for this awesome toolkit. I'm currently having issues trying to backup my data partition.

For some reason, the data partition is 10 GB and that's where the backup fails. I assume the failure is due to size of the partition. Do you know what I can do to fix this? I'm using cm-11-20140405-SNAPSHOT-M5-manta.zip for my ROM + gapps-kk-20140105-signed.zip. Recovery is TWRP 2.7.0.1

EDIT: Fixed.

Last edited:

fredphoesh

Jan 15, 2009
stuck at "Booting modified boot.img to enable running privileged commands..."

Helo guys,
Im trying to root my N10.
My N10 is recognised in windows,
Toolkit reboots it, Toolkit says fastboot status connected
then the status popup on the Toolkit says
"Booting modified boot.img to enable running privileged commands..."
tablet has turquiose block text
"FASTBOOT STATUS DATA004ac800
Root Toolkit never progresses beyond
"Booting modified boot.img to enable running privileged commands..."

If I reboot bootloader in recovery, the popup changes to "Waiting for your device..."

So it seems drivers are fine, right, I am just trying to root it... nothing else.

EDIT: windows 8.0 on my laptop works fine... rooted. What a pain windows 8.1 is for android devices!

Tx
Mark.

Last edited:

master64nl

Jun 29, 2012
Amsterdam
It is an Nexus 10 32GB with 4.4.2

I can not get any further than driver installation. Tried everything with win testmodus but no succes. Tried manally but get only more problems.

What do I wrong? Please help me out.

Everything went well till step 3 install pdnet drivers, there it hangs. Adroid phone not connected error 103

Last edited:

master64nl

Jun 29, 2012
Amsterdam
Help!

It is an Nexus 10 32GB with 4.4.2

I can not get any further than driver installation. Tried everything with win testmodus but no succes. Tried manally but get only more problems.

What do I wrong? Please help me out.

Everything went well till step 3 install pdnet drivers, there it hangs. Adroid phone not connected error 103

Anyone???

Abu_Jassar10

Nov 16, 2013
Hi WugFresh:

I'm old user for your amazing toolkit however, I recently have tried to install the latest android version 4.4.3 to my N10 but it has been failed many times during downloading the factory image as a first time across this error. so please check this bug to enjoy 4.4.3

Always thanks.

Darnell_Chat_TN

Nov 29, 2008
Chattanooga, TN
Google Pixel 4 XL
Hi WugFresh:

I'm old user for your amazing toolkit however, I recently have tried to install the latest android version 4.4.3 to my N10 but it has been failed many times during downloading the factory image as a first time across this error. so please check this bug to enjoy 4.4.3

Always thanks.

It's likely not an issue with the toolkit. You have to be running stock recovery and have made zero system changes to get the OTA. Or if you made any system change, you'd have to revert them. That includes, no system add on such as Xposed framework. If you used the toolkit, it was probably to do something that very likely has altered your system. You have to revert things back to stock if you want the stock OTA.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Abu_Jassar10

Nov 16, 2013
It's likely not an issue with the toolkit. You have to be running stock recovery and have made zero system changes to get the OTA. Or if you made any system change, you'd have to revert them. That includes, no system add on such as Xposed framework. If you used the toolkit, it was probably to do something that very likely has altered your system. You have to revert things back to stock if you want the stock OTA.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Thanks for your reply but I'm using 4.4.3 right now which was installed thru CWM recovery without any changes but I'd like to install the factory image using this tool & I used to do that but this time it is refusing to download the image files from the server.

Thanks.

Reactions: Darnell_Chat_TN

WugFresh

Oct 28, 2010
Thanks for your reply but I'm using 4.4.3 right now which was installed thru CWM recovery without any changes but I'd like to install the factory image using this tool & I used to do that but this time it is refusing to download the image files from the server.

Thanks.

Try updating the toolkit again. I had to reupload the nexus10 package. I think I got an earlier version that Google accidentally released the first time.

Cholo981

Feb 25, 2008
Rome
www.tecnohunter.com
I would like to backup my data before unlocking the device.
But the toolkit on 4.4.3 requires the device to be unlocked, to do it.
I tried to simply transfer everything on my pc using mtp but it stucks. :/

What can I do without root?

Last edited:

Darnell_Chat_TN

Nov 29, 2008
Chattanooga, TN
Google Pixel 4 XL

You can't do a Nandroid backup without root, as you have seen. So all you can use are the lame options of other backup type tools on Google Play and/or leveraging any cloud services. I can't recommend a good non-root app. I root day 1 with a new device.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Reactions: Cholo981

WugFresh

Oct 28, 2010

Copy stuff from sdcard, and create an android backup file with the toolkit.

Abu_Jassar10

Nov 16, 2013
KK 4.4.4

Hi there, everyone knows that google has recently released Android KitKat 4.4.4

so I'm here waiting for update.

with my respect.

MAD450r

Apr 25, 2010
Southington
download.

The link is broken. I been googling. All lead to same broken link, I'm on leaked 4.4.3 deodexed so I need to do this way. I only have first kit not donate so it won't update either

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Unlocking, rooting, relocking and unrooting simplified! (and much more!)

VERSION 2.1.4 - This program will automatically bring together all the files you need to unlock and root your device in a few clicks, or flash it back to stock and re-lock it. You can also use this program to backup/restore all your important data, flash zips, set file permissions, push and pull files, install apps, generate logcats/bugreports, and much more! With the included file association options, you can perform tasks like flashing zips, installing apps, restoring android backup files, and flashing/booting img files with just a double click! The program includes a full featured interface for automating tasks in TWRP, enhanced restore features, an in-built auto-updater/notification system, ‘any build’ mode, advanced restore features,’NRT- Live Log’ for viewing the adb/fastboot cmds that are run in the background, quick tools utilities, and tools for taking screenshots/screen-recordings. All the latest official Android builds and Nexus devices are supported. The program intelligently and selectively downloads the files it needs for your device and makes sure you are using the latest files available. The program can even auto-detect your device and build. This release brings full Marshmallow root support plus all automated features by utilizing a new system that no longer requires modified boot.imgs. Check out the updated changelog for a more comprehensive breakdown of the feature set and changes in this release.

~ my goal for this project is make the entire process as smooth and simple as possible ~

GDhJYE8.jpg

q1o1kav.jpg

Please read the FAQs before posting questions: http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/faqs/

Looking for a walk-through? >> Excellent Instructional/How-To Videos: http://www.wugfresh.com/videos/

More information & Download Links: http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/

Changelog: http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/changelog/

Enjoy! ^_^

{{ WugFresh }}
    If anyone starts bootlooping for longer than 5 minutes after an unlock than you need to factory reset.

1. Hold down the power button to shut the device off
    2. Restart the device holding all three buttons (vol up and down + power button)
    3. In bootloader mode, switch the big green START to the red RECOVERY using the volume buttons
    4. Enter stock recovery by pressing the power button
    5. You will see an android on its back
    6. Press Vol up + power button at the same time to enter the stock recovery menu
    7. Select "Factory Reset" with the volume buttons and press the power button to initiate it.
    8. After the factory reset your device should boot up normally.

{{ WugFresh }}
    Version 1.6.3 is up now and the updater package is also live via the in-built updater. Enjoy!
    (Updated changelog coming shortly)

{{ WugFresh }}
    TWRP fails here too. What did you do to fix the problem? I cant seem to get anything to work!

This is what I have to do after the first twrp factory reset fails:

1. Properly and completely turn off your device.
    2. Press and hold Volume Up + Volume Down + Power keys until the device powers on. You should see an image of an Android icon lying on its back.
    3. Press Volume Down twice until the screen says “Recovery mode.”
    4. Press Power to restart into “Recovery mode.” You should see an image of an Android with a Red triangle after a few minutes.
    5. Tap Volume Up key while hold and press Power button.
    6. Use the volume keys to scroll to “wipe data/factory reset” and press Power to comfirm.
    7. Use the volume keys to scroll to “Yes – erase all user data” and press Power to confirm.
    8. Your device will reboot itself after the data wipe completed.
    Are you going to update "[Toolkit] Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit" to install Root and Recovery with version 4.3?

Yes, by tomorrow.

{{ WugFresh }}