* retired * [rom] [4.2.2] Unofficial CyanogenMOD [cm-10.1] - [april13] - P13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

chappatti

Sep 3, 2007
Some feedback:

Here's my config: ROM Jamie's CM 4.2.2 Unofficial
Kernel : 4Aces v28 - no settings apk. Fast charge enabled thru CM menu.
Updated to CM 2/21 - cm1-10.1-20130221-Nigtly. Directly from updates menu of ROM. No problem reportable during update.
Very rare screen flicker. Not done anything to developer menu since it is not often enough to be bothersome.
Bluetooth works - mainly use for Audio output. Navigation notifications also go out in between music, and music resumes cleanly. Don't know about keyboard or mouse, do not have them. BUT BT does suddenly go off (NEVER while playing yet), mainly during connection phase. Reboot fixes it. If adding new device this may happen but reboot fixes it.
GPS is good even on real rainy/cloudy day.
Wifi is very good. ONLY, it sometimes does not reconnect to my router automatically. Need to click on network to re-connect. No biggey.
Changed number of rows/columns to 4 for home screen. Was getting icon names cutoff, and icons going to close to edge.

Overall VERY SMOOTH ! Really nice and kudos to both devs !!!!!! :angel:

Reactions: JamieD81

kurnis

May 20, 2012
ok, i found developer options, but nothing fixes the flickering. most of the time my screen is black, with occasional flashing to normal, however when i scroll the screen is ok (but as soon as i release it goes back to flickering like crazy)

Last edited:

JamieD81

Nov 11, 2009
Duncan
So im getting the flickering issue (its pretty severe) but for some reason i dont even HAVE a "developer" option in my settings. Ive used it before on multiple other roms but its absent here. what can i do to find it?

betcha search for developer options in this thread would yield a boat load of answers for that question :p

kurnis

May 20, 2012
betcha search for developer options in this thread would yield a boat load of answers for that question :p

ya i found it 1 min after i posted, but you have to wait 5 minutes before editing deleting...grr. but im still having the flickering issue. :(

EDIT: ok so i reinstalled, and it turns out the flickering is being caused by the Aces kernel. if i only install the ROM there is no flickering.

Last edited:

CPA Poke

Oct 23, 2012
Tulsa, OK
Re: [rom] [4.2.2] Unofficial CyanogenMOD [cm10.1] - [feb19] - PREVIEW 5

ok so i reinstalled, and it turns out the flickering is being caused by the Aces kernel. if i only install the ROM there is no flickering.

Highly doubt it has anything to do with kernel, unless Chris said there was a problem in his thread?

kurnis

May 20, 2012
---------- Post added at 11:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 AM ----------

Highly doubt it has anything to do with kernel, unless Chris said there was a problem in his thread?

well i am able to replicate the problem, and it only exists after i install the kernel. there is also another fellow in the kernel thread who is reporting the same problem.

also, wanted to say that so far (aside from my kernel issue) this rom is AWESOME. amazing work!!!!

Last edited:

MAD_Matt

Oct 26, 2007
Oklahoma City
Some feedback:

Here's my config: ROM Jamie's CM 4.2.2 Unofficial
Kernel : 4Aces v28 - no settings apk. Fast charge enabled thru CM menu.
Updated to CM 2/21 - cm1-10.1-20130221-Nigtly. Directly from updates menu of ROM. No problem reportable during update.
Very rare screen flicker. Not done anything to developer menu since it is not often enough to be bothersome.
Bluetooth works - mainly use for Audio output. Navigation notifications also go out in between music, and music resumes cleanly. Don't know about keyboard or mouse, do not have them. BUT BT does suddenly go off (NEVER while playing yet), mainly during connection phase. Reboot fixes it. If adding new device this may happen but reboot fixes it.
GPS is good even on real rainy/cloudy day.
Wifi is very good. ONLY, it sometimes does not reconnect to my router automatically. Need to click on network to re-connect. No biggey.
Changed number of rows/columns to 4 for home screen. Was getting icon names cutoff, and icons going to close to edge.

Overall VERY SMOOTH ! Really nice and kudos to both devs !!!!!! :angel:

For the icons getting too close to the edge, in System Settings - Launcher - Homescreen - make sure the Stretch screens is selected! I thought I had a bad flash, but it was just this setting. Took me forever to find, can't even remember the search terms I used originally, but I found the tip from jlpatte2: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=37839464&highlight=stretch#post37839464

I've attached a screenshot of the page for the setting; hope it helps.

Also, Jamie, since dev on PA seemed to be at a standstill for now, I jumped over here and love it! Thanks for all the hard work!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-02-24-13-31-11.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-02-24-13-31-11.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 561
Reactions: socalrocker

johncommode

Feb 19, 2013
Newport News

The battery life I am getting on this ROM is insanely good! I can actually go the whole day without needing to plug it in, given my normal usage habits.

*-*-*- If you are an asshole online, then you ARE an asshole in person -*-*-*

MasterKaiser

Sep 18, 2009
San Juan
The flickering issue is not related to one kernel perse, in my case, I tested HotCake's, Ace's and stock kernel, and the less flickering is with the stock... other that that, this ROM rocks!

kurnis

May 20, 2012
The new kernel fixed my issue. sent both chris and jamie a small paypal thank-you. you two rock!

paleh0rse

Jan 4, 2011

Anyone have any idea why none of my widgets are updating? (On Preview 5)

They work until the first time I turn the screen off after a reboot, but then they stay "stuck" in whatever state they were in at that time (until the next reboot).

Clocks, Google now, gmail, weather... all of them seem to be affected.

I cleared caches and fixed permissions... didn't help. :(

Any ideas?

EDIT: This may be launcher-related. I'm using Apex Pro. If I go into Apex settings and restart the Apex launcher, all the widgets refresh again. Hmm

Last edited:

GinkgoBiloba

Jul 15, 2012
Re: [rom] [4.2.2] Unofficial CyanogenMOD [cm10.1] - [feb25] - PREVIEW 6

Just loaded in preview 6! Works great and NO FLICKER like many of the other recent CM releases from others.

Keep up the awesome job Jamie!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using XDA Premium HD app

ZacksBuilds

Dec 9, 2012

Also Jamie I've been running p5 since Friday with no reboots!!! The charging on your ROMs is phenomenal its crazy fast and went through from 7am till 4pm on moderate usage with 70% to spare! Usually I only have 50%. Keep up the awesome work!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda app-developers app

KSoD

Feb 22, 2011
Buffalo

Great job Jamie. Works perfectly and no system crashes upon boot now.

Sent from the Note-rix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    moving onto a new rom, the official cm nightlies and M releases are doing great :)

13347-cm-10-1-logo

Credits: www.cyanogenmod.com for all your info needs,
    Sources: www.github.com/cyanogenmod for all your source needs

wipe data/system/cache's before installing.
    the above steps arent needed if your flashing from previous build or cm nightly. but is recommended to clear cache after flashing the rom.

rom: Preview 13
    gapps: 4.2.x GAPPS

if you get a recovery error when flashing, either upgrade your cwm or install twrp2*recommended*.

changelog:
    preview 13
    -- merged all up to today
    -- battery bar back
    -- probably more.

preview 12
    -- lots of cm merges since last build
    -- basic stock build with gestures this time around.

preview 11
    -- merged to latest cm merges *there were quite a few*
    -- yes cm's pie is included *settings-system-pie controls*, note: there is no notification/quick settings access in this pie thats pa.
    -- stylus gestures rebased
    -- more here and there just enjoy :)

Credits and Thanks:
    CyanogenMod
    roger_n *for all the help*
    gs2usr *for all the help*
    teamchopsticks *for all the help*
    chris41g for his kernel and work

Extras:
    -- disable cap buttons*plus re-enable* disable - enable flash in recovery. disable key lights in "advanced settings"
    -- if you want per app dpi check HERE
    -- chris41g's kernel here *recommended*
    -- SuperNote from padphone 2 *s-note replacement* HERE - unzip then install like you would any .apk
    preview 7 is up and ready for flashing, enjoy bed time now
    That is just crazy. Shows how much people really do care. When the time comes and you leave people will be upset that there are less and less ROMS for the Note around cause you refuse to post them here or build them to share anymore cause the lack of appreciation.

I would personally hate to see the latter of that. It would suck only having the CM builds only to flash on my Note and not be able to get PA anytime soon.

i wont let 1-2 people ruin it for the rest of you so dont worry about that, there has been way more positive about the release then negative, negative just sticks out a lot more. but honestly if they want silly things they can pm me, im not some big mean green monster or something, im just very outspoken.
    PREVIEW 4 is up
    changelog in op