[ROM] PURE Windows Mobile 6.5 upgrade for the SE XPERIA X1 [26 NOV 09 | SEX1 R5.07]

Search This thread

gtrab

Aug 10, 2007
America
Settings - Personal.... no Phone settings?

OK first issue to fix

SECOND: SMS MESSAGES NOT OPPENING

Some system files are missing

I will compile all issues and then upload a fixed version

PLEASE HELP ME TO EXHAUSTIVELY TEST THIS ROM,
I think it is a good base to start working

Last edited:

prestonm

Nov 24, 2009
Problem with messaging

thx for this. I have a problem with the messaging: I cant open mails nor open new mails to send, in either e-mail or text. could this be a bug in the version or is there a setting somewhere that I have to change? tx v much

deepthroat

Jan 27, 2008
thanks Chef ...I will give it a try, btw do you include optical mouse cooked in the rom?

de Wolfe

Feb 9, 2009
I found another bug. My battery-icon is not functional. It is always full and it is not clickable for me. BTW got the same problem with spikegotti's UnOff-ROM with a very similar concept as this SEX1-R5-ROM.

gtrab

Aug 10, 2007
America
thanks Chef ...I will give it a try, btw do you include optical mouse cooked in the rom?

yes sir: it's pure, so it has dpad drivers

OK third issue (bug).

1- no phone settings

2- SMS not opening

3- battery icon

hmmm... not adviced for public use then... will have to continue testing for more bugs and then make a fixed version

EDITING A WARNING ON FRONT POST

Last edited:

de Wolfe

Feb 9, 2009
EDIT: Hey, forget (partly) what I said. Battery-icon works normally now. The only thing is that I cannot click it to go to the power-settings.

sve1313

Dec 8, 2008
Veliko Tarnovo
Hi gtrab
I found a bug. When is hide keypad in a dialer and then scroll down in contacts there is a blur.

With X2 Dialer no problems.

Last edited:

kitman

Feb 16, 2008
Petaling Jaya
flash this rom yesterday, like the other users - sms cannot scroll or reply, not working. there is no calculator prog. the rom is very stable. thanks gtrab

junkai21

Feb 18, 2008
this rom is responsive but it doesnt open up SMS messages :( . The battery icon on the top cannot be pressed

Last edited:

gundamboy

Feb 20, 2009
Vancouver
Guys, like gtrab mentioned:

there will be bugs, this release is for BETA testing purposes, a fully working ROM is not yet out, so please be patient as we are working on fixing bugs and helping him out :)

tecxx

Nov 25, 2009
PURE sounds good. just the base, plain and simple.
looking forward to next version....
:)

edit: oh, and... THANKS!

Last edited:

gtrab

Aug 10, 2007
America
Flashing now, thanks!

Another mirror:
http://neosites.org/X1/ROM/gtrab/SEX1-R5.04_PURE.rar

Future gtrab releases (if he doesn't mind):
http://neosites.org/X1/ROM/gtrab/

thank you very much

No more bugs reported ??
All "bugs" seem related to an incomplete SYS port, because SYS files were taken from jerpelea's LEO sys port and some Windows stuff (calc, SMS, etc) is replaced for tOUCHflo stuff

I am making my own port and working over it
All should be OK when using "PURE" system files too

deezy7

Oct 30, 2007
GTA
Goddammit I love this place.

I'm gonna wait for the final release, but I just wanted to say THANKS preemptively gtrab.

It seems like that's all I've been saying in these forums the past couple days lol.

ALSO, any word on whether Remote Play was included in the X2?

Thanks! (again lol)

gtrab

Aug 10, 2007
America
Goddammit I love this place.

I'm gonna wait for the final release, but I just wanted to say THANKS preemptively gtrab.

It seems like that's all I've been saying in these forums the past couple days lol.

ALSO, any word on whether Remote Play was included in the X2?

Thanks! (again lol)

no sorry I don't have remote play on my X2

PS: UPLOADING FIXED VERSION
no more bus on the test version ?? curious... (but better :D)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Also Having the same issue trying to update... it jus hooks @ 0% n shows an error then takes me to recovery mode, done this several times but no luck... Any one wit a bright idea pls?
    This ROM paves the way for SEX1toX2 :rolleyes:

Windows Mobile 6.5.0 PURE upgrade
    for the Sony Ericsson XPERIA X1

[SEX1 Release 5 R5.07]
    (unnofficial, of course, but as close as possible :D)​

STATUS: "Pure" WM6.5 ROM upgrade UP and OK - no bugs | For a Godspeed "Barebone" version of this ROM go here

DESCRIPTION
    • Current Version SEX1-R5.07 Pure Upgrade release date: 26 NOV 09
      (Previous version SEX1-R5.04 Pure, released 24 NOV 09 had bugs due to incomplete system files)
    • This is a PURE Windows Mobile 6.5 OS/firmware ROM upgrade for the Sony Ericsson XPERIA X1, which means no Manila shizz, no wierd customizations, no nothing: just the OS upgrade and the pure XPERIA feeling :)

WHAT'S INSIDE
    • Operating System upgraded from Windows Mobile 6.1 to 6.5
    • Preserved all XPERIA X1 native contents, apps & customizations
    • Updated software for XPERIA Camera with autoflash/geotag & MS .NET 3.5 Compact Frameworks
    • Removed obsolete or non-WM6.5-compatible stuff as Google search, Google Panel, trial games, demo videos & a couple of big wav files
    • Some pre-installed goodies: SEX1 "TF3D apps compatibility" drivers pack, XPERIA X2 Flash deployment, tnyynt's SD tuneUp, MS SDK certificates, Security unlock for registry editing & CAB installs
    • Eye candy: A custom XPERIA X2-based theme

2mmgs1v.jpg

jt9jj8.jpg

- WM 6.5 for the XPERIA X1 (unnofficial of course, but as close as possible) -

t6yqub.jpg

IMPORTANT NOTES
    • Scroll down to next post to find bug fixes, should bugs arise
    • As always, feel free to modify/edit/recook/copy/share/burn/whatever all of my works ;)
    • Many customization packs and enhancements will soon be available for download @ next post
    • If you need support, remember I am not a clairvoyant :D so please give as much info as possible
    • Don't be shy to post (but SEARCH and READ before posting !!), just be respectful, don't flame, share and have fun
    • Finally, if you like my works, just come back and say "thanks". It is much appreciated

DOWNLOADS

ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
    wow... so many people has contributed to this ROM I don't know where to start !!
    • Bengalboy for the XPERIA inspiration and imagining the "SEX1" acronym
    • olipro / cmonex for opening the doors, bepe / ervius / bot / MrVanx for the tools and apps
    • Da_G, joojoobee, but especially jerpelea, who struggles to keep up the "SHARE" spirit alive on this forum
    • All of my friends and fans in the forum, who pushed me to release a new, updated version
    • Anybody else to whom I owe a piece of this work (tnyynt, ethermind, ultrashot, ganondolf... so many !!)

FOR SUPPORT / MANY APPS & ADD ONS --> go to post 2

FOR KITCHEN download / INFO for cookers / TUTORIALS --> go to post 3

:cool:
    Guys I recently bought Xperia X1, but it stays in the sony logo, does not boot, I need the rom for installation. All downloads no longer work. Please.
    I will check if I have the ROM later today
    I was digging through some old hard drives and came across some old stuff related to my Xperia X1 days. A copy of the Pure SEX1 6.5 ROM was in there. I've uploaded it to Google Drive for anyone who still needs it.

I flashed it to my old X1 and it works perfectly.