[Q] Fc's on most of the GB roms

Search This thread

FridayJ

Feb 12, 2011
I've tried Apex, Mosaic, dlev and Continuum roms... With all but continuum, I get force close's after restoring apps/data in Tibu.

Example, I wipe data cache, dalvic and then flash one of the roms. Once it's booted up, I go into Titanium, do a batch restore of apps, and once it finishes, I go to start Angry Birds and it fc's. It can be any of the apps, its not just directed at Angry Birds. (it even happens with stock apps, like Memo or messaging)

So, last night I flashed back to Continuum and not one fc... but, I'm missing some of the goodies from the other roms. EDT tweaks for one!!!

Anyway, I guess my question is what's the diff between Continuum and the other roms, as far as this specific problem?

Thanks

studacris

Dec 25, 2010
Nashville, TN
seems like an issue with data restore in tibu...idk why it worked for continuum but...try and delete all the backups and run a fresh batch backup now that they are running. then flash another rom and see if that still happens.

Last edited:

mrhaley30705

Mar 12, 2011
North Georgia
Check for tibu updates, and go into preferences and force tibu to use system busybox instead of its own (option is at bottom of pref menu). I would also check for updates to superuser.

ZeroG1

Aug 29, 2010
Tampa, FL
I had a similar problem as well. I tried the Dlev and Obsession ROMs but got FC's on some apps on both using the same method as you described. I tried one more time with Obsession but also installed the Symply GSII theme before restoring apps and everything worked fine. I'm not sure why that would have made a difference but my phone has been working great for a couple weeks now.

FridayJ

Feb 12, 2011
Well, I'm not sure what worked and what didn't... I tried the busybox change but still had fc's when I installed dlev's rom. So, I tried Apex again, and so far, no fc's. I just don't get it...

Thanks for everyone's input!