Votes: 56 50.0%
  • CM9

Votes: 56 50.0%

• Total voters
Search This thread
D

Deleted member 3976874

Hi everyone,
It's been quite a long time since I've been on the galaxy tab 10.1 forum, since I gave my tab to my dad on January, and now I'm getting it back. So I'm kind of outdated about ICS roms. I've seen that there are two new ROM, the AOKP and CM9. I did a little research to see the difference between both, but didn't find major ones.

So I'm here to see your opinion, and feedback about each of the two ROMs. And does the camera work on AOKP or not yet?

Thank you :)

slack04

May 4, 2010
Hi everyone,
It's been quite a long time since I've been on the galaxy tab 10.1 forum, since I gave my tab to my dad on January, and now I'm getting it back. So I'm kind of outdated about ICS roms. I've seen that there are two new ROM, the AOKP and CM9. I did a little research to see the difference between both, but didn't find major ones.

So I'm here to see your opinion, and feedback about each of the two ROMs. And does the camera work on AOKP or not yet?

Thank you :)

CM9 has not yet been released; you're talking about the nightly kang builds. If you want to know the differences between the kang CM9 builds and the Roman's Kang builds (AOKP), install one, try it, then install the other. Hint: the AOKP ROM has some controls that are not built in to the CM9 Kangs.

And for gods sake: the camera will not work on any of the ICS ROMs until Samsung releases their ICS with the drivers. Please stop asking this.

D

Deleted member 3976874

I am going to install and try both but it would nice to know the feedback of other users. I don't get it why you get pissed off when asking about the camera, as if i insulted you or blamed u for not having the camera working. I will keep asking if the camera works although i never use it, and if you have a problem with that, ctrl+w or alt+f4, X in the top right, alt+left arrow, damn there's lots of alternative to leave this page.

So does the camera work? Does the camera work? Does the camera work?

Sent from my DROID X2 using xda premium

Raistlin1

Oct 1, 2010
I just installed the AOKP ROM on my GT wifi last night, so far it is pretty good but I have not had it on there that long. I love having the chrome browser (or the ICS version of chrome) so I now have my bookmarks from my desktop.

Some of the popup windows when you install items are not that nice looking or smooth. Not all of my apps are showing up in the market and thats the other thing, my market is still market and not Play. I flashed the gapps 4.0.4 that was linked in the CM9 ICS wifi thread so not sure why it is still showing the old market.

I am getting used to ICS, many things seem very nice and smooth and some things not so nice looking and smooth.

Nutzzer

Nov 23, 2010
I just recently took the dive and tried the AOKP first, was nice but browsers kept crashing, last night, installed the CM9 kangs and I'm liking it so far.

Will keep you updated.

sn0warmy

Jul 26, 2010
Boulder, CO
I started with the AOKP ROM since I really liked its speed and features on my Galaxy Nexus. However, I noticed quickly that it wasn't too much snappier than stock. So yesterday I switched to CM9 and I have noticed that CM9 it's noticeably snappier all around.

I'll be sticking with this.

D

Deleted member 3976874

Thanks all for you replies, I appreciate that a lot.

The reason he got pissed is because that question is asked over and over again. A simple search of these forums would have answered that question about the camera.

Well I think it's obvious that my main thread is not about the camera, I'm basically asking about the two ROMs. You people just love to make a big deals about everything. Maybe because talk is cheap, you can say whatever you want.

DSBMudkip

Apr 17, 2012
In my experience the AOKP rom is a lot less stable than cm9, but much more configurable. I had this problem with aokp where the system UI would force close nonstop, which was unbelievably annoying, so I switched to cm9 and havent looked back.

Narathan

Dec 24, 2010
That's odd. In my experience, CM9 was sluggish and FC'ing all the time - I'm on AOKP 32 now and haven't had a single FC I see everybody talking about... And it's much more snappier then stock rom!

I've a korean version though, so I'm not sure if that makes it any different. Only issue I have is a "rolling" screen when I boot up the system + first lock screen. Turn the screen off and back on, not a single problem. (but thats a issue with the korean tab I read)

D

Deleted member 3976874

i just installed AOKP build 33, it's really nice but as said before, the System UI FC is really annoying, and the nav bar keeps on autohiding. however, when I disabled the nav bar glow, the system UI doesn't FC anymore. I'll test AOKP for a while, and then I'll try CM9. I have finals on monday, so I won't be able to switch a lot between roms.

thanks all for your help

D

Deleted member 3976874

just got another SysUI FC, seems that nav bar glow didn't solve the problem.

eXiled Killah

Jul 26, 2011
I've tried both AOKP ICS and CM9 ICS on my samsung galaxy tab 10.1. For me, the CM9 feels smoother, but the AOKP gives more ROM control features. For now, I'd like a smooth tablet..

Reactions: omayrzanata

SgtMacabre

Apr 27, 2012
New York City
cm9 or aokp

I have the cm9 in my 10.1 wifi now and I like it but when you multi task the launcher crashes frequently, although it does restart quickly.

The screen flickers often as many people have mentioned as well

Other than that its pretty good

The best part is the loss of touchwiz UI. The feel of touch operations is so much more responsive and smooth

anushajayanti

Oct 23, 2011
Pershoot ICS builds

I have been using Pershoots latest builds on my tab, and things are fine but for the occasional flicker.

AOKP definately has more option for ROM control, and UI customization too. It allows for 5 icons instead of the standard three, and allows for setting custom options for long press of these icons. .
I reverted to CM9 though because even P5 AOKP is quite buggy. Some times you can't place the icons from the app drawer on a screen ( the screen just rotates twice), touch sensitivity seemed to be lesser.

The touch sensitivity on the pershoots build is quite good. I am able to comfortably play Temple Run, which used to be a disaster before.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1528529
This thread might help you.

Riton81

Oct 19, 2011
I have been using Pershoots latest builds on my tab, and things are fine but for the occasional flicker.

AOKP definately has more option for ROM control, and UI customization too. It allows for 5 icons instead of the standard three, and allows for setting custom options for long press of these icons. .
I reverted to CM9 though because even P5 AOKP is quite buggy. Some times you can't place the icons from the app drawer on a screen ( the screen just rotates twice), touch sensitivity seemed to be lesser.

The touch sensitivity on the pershoots build is quite good. I am able to comfortably play Temple Run, which used to be a disaster before.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1528529
This thread might help you.

+1

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    D
    Deleted member 3976874
    I am going to install and try both but it would nice to know the feedback of other users. I don't get it why you get pissed off when asking about the camera, as if i insulted you or blamed u for not having the camera working. I will keep asking if the camera works although i never use it, and if you have a problem with that, ctrl+w or alt+f4, X in the top right, alt+left arrow, damn there's lots of alternative to leave this page.

So does the camera work? Does the camera work? Does the camera work?

Sent from my DROID X2 using xda premium
    The reason he got pissed is because that question is asked over and over again. A simple search of these forums would have answered that question about the camera.
    I started with the AOKP ROM since I really liked its speed and features on my Galaxy Nexus. However, I noticed quickly that it wasn't too much snappier than stock. So yesterday I switched to CM9 and I have noticed that CM9 it's noticeably snappier all around.

I'll be sticking with this.
    In my experience the AOKP rom is a lot less stable than cm9, but much more configurable. I had this problem with aokp where the system UI would force close nonstop, which was unbelievably annoying, so I switched to cm9 and havent looked back.
    I just installed the AOKP ROM on my GT wifi last night, so far it is pretty good but I have not had it on there that long. I love having the chrome browser (or the ICS version of chrome) so I now have my bookmarks from my desktop.

Some of the popup windows when you install items are not that nice looking or smooth. Not all of my apps are showing up in the market and thats the other thing, my market is still market and not Play. I flashed the gapps 4.0.4 that was linked in the CM9 ICS wifi thread so not sure why it is still showing the old market.

I am getting used to ICS, many things seem very nice and smooth and some things not so nice looking and smooth.