Ubuntu Touch for Android

Search This thread

BaconStep

Jan 31, 2012
Las Vegas
Ahhhh sorry Bacon... I did not mean to bring up a dearly departed techno-friend... I had to do the same with a PS3... D**n electric bill... Trying not to throw the thread off-course but what did you like about and and would you have put this new OS on it?
Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium

Yeah I would have. They got multi boot too. I might buy one again.

Gorjira

Sep 17, 2012
A Place called Royal Oak
Yeah I would have. They got multi boot too. I might buy one again.

Nice, everyday I'm finding more and more reasons to pick up a Nexus 7, this being one of them. Personally once the Data is working, I'll give Ubuntu a go for sure, never hurts to try something new. Well let me know if you do man, I'd like to know how it turns out.

eggydrums

Dec 13, 2010
Nice, everyday I'm finding more and more reasons to pick up a Nexus 7, this being one of them. Personally once the Data is working, I'll give Ubuntu a go for sure, never hurts to try something new. Well let me know if you do man, I'd like to know how it turns out.

Nexus 7 is a beast of a tablet man, I love it

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

MidnightXZ

Sep 22, 2010
Toronto
Flashed Ubuntu Touch on my Nexus 7. The lag was atrocious, most of the apps were either just blank icons which did nothing or a link to a website. Nothing close to customisable, everything on it were example notifications, messages, etc. Similar to a demo, rather than developer preview. Even the calculator app was not actually a calculator, it was a picture of a calculator. The only thing remotely accessible Settings-wise were the notification volume and brightness controls.

Chuckatron

Jul 20, 2012
Seattle
canonical has already said they are working hard towards being able to use it as a DD by the end of the month. Once that happens things will start moving very quickly for development. It will still be far from a beta build; probably still pre alpha but it will be working enough for basic functionality.

Trevorlay

May 7, 2012
Hmm, very interesting... :)

How many people would install this over all the great roms, we shall see..

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts