got "Car mode" working on ATT S5! clue to Svoice wake while locked?

Search This thread

bingo99

Jun 7, 2014
so as you may or may not know or care, "car mode" is not available in the notification pull down and apparently was replaced by "drive mode" or whatever the dumb app name from ATT is. I think the Tmobile/Verizon S5's may have Car Mode though.

who cares right?

well car mode is sort of related to SVoice in that nobody can seem to get the S5 to wakeup from a lock screen/display off using a voice trigger like the Moto X or other older Galaxy phones.

Anyways, I tried to use Tasker to run a "Car mode" task, and the first time I did it, a few days ago, it said "not available on this device"..oh well

But I tried it tonight and for some reason it worked!

Now the phone shows the car mode icon in the notification bar.

Maybe this is a clue of some kind that Svoice voice trigger while locked/display off is somehow achievable?

And a juicy further tidbit:

The blue LED blinks about every 6 seconds while the screen is off. I have tasker enabled and no new notifications in the menu bar.

Isnt the blue-LED blink supposed to be related to voice recording with the screen off?? Is this a clue that the Hexagon low power DSP is listening even though it doesnt work for some reason?

Ive tried to get the phone to wakeup while locked but I cant.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-06-07-21-12-41_zpshtw6omys.png
    Screenshot_2014-06-07-21-12-41_zpshtw6omys.png
    67.6 KB · Views: 186
Last edited:

diehardbattery

Apr 23, 2011
Houston
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4
so as you may or may not know or care, "car mode" is not available in the notification pull down and apparently was replaced by "drive mode" or whatever the dumb app name from ATT is. I think the Tmobile/Verizon S5's may have Car Mode though.

who cares right?

well car mode is sort of related to SVoice in that nobody can seem to get the S5 to wakeup from a lock screen/display off using a voice trigger like the Moto X or other older Galaxy phones.

Anyways, I tried to use Tasker to run a "Car mode" task, and the first time I did it, a few days ago, it said "not available on this device"..oh well

But I tried it tonight and for some reason it worked!

Now the phone shows the car mode icon in the notification bar.

Maybe this is a clue of some kind that Svoice voice trigger while locked/display off is somehow achievable?

And a juicy further tidbit:

The blue LED blinks about every 6 seconds while the screen is off. I have tasker enabled and no new notifications in the menu bar.

Isnt the blue-LED blink supposed to be related to voice recording with the screen off?? Is this a clue that the Hexagon low power DSP is listening even though it doesnt work for some reason?

Ive tried to get the phone to wakeup while locked but I cant.
Could you post the steps to the task please?