Google News & Weather working. Need Root.

Search This thread

simms22

Recognized Contributor - R.I.P
Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com
Its very easy to get the new Google News & Weather app working on the Nexus 5, all you need is root and a root enabled file explorer. First off, youre going to need to use that root file explorer to ho and uninstall/delete the Google News & Weather widget. It should be found in /ststem/app/. Then youll need to reboot. Now download and install the Google News & Weather app. After this, it should be working. Oh, btw, heres the apk http://goo.gl/Iivbtc

14%2B-%2B1

Last edited:

breal4sho

Sep 3, 2010
San Francisco
Just install the apk

Its very easy to get the new Google News & Weather app working on the Nexus 5, all you need is root and a root enabled file explorer. First off, youre going to need to use that root file explorer to ho and uninstall/delete the Google News & Weather widget. It should be found in /ststem/app/. Then youll need to reboot. Now download and install the Google News & Weather app. After this, it should be working. Oh, btw, heres the apk http://goo.gl/Iivbtc

14%2B-%2B1

No need to remove the widget. Just download and install the APK. Works Fine!!

Cheers

TheLastSidekick

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Aug 4, 2012
Actually like the app. Its like a condensed version of Google Now. Thanks braaahhh :)

Jonnyredcorn

Nov 7, 2011
Southgate
I had no issue with SlimRom except it said it wasn't available in my country(The US, weird right?). I just downloaded the .apk and installed it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

14%2B-%2B1
    May sound stupid but its called "News and Weather" but I can't see no weather lol.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
    a6d515ed1a34785d08da91f779d27366.jpg
    45bcd785afd588a97d900671bfe8c06f.jpg
    Yeah it works fine on Mahdi ROM. Just installed as normal APK. No need to remove the widget already installed. Thanks Simms. :)
    Does anyone know in the new version how to set the frequency of updates? The sync interval, especially the weather one. Can't find it! Thanks guys!

Enviado desde mi Nexus 5 mediante Tapatalk

i dont think there is a sync option. just the option to sync or not(in main phone settings, google, sync).
    Thanks. Forgot that I may need to enable location. Also I data wiped the app now it shows ;-D

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
    No need to enable location, just need to add it to the app :p