T-Mobile not working with OPO

Search This thread

suaverc118

Mar 19, 2012
Hey everyone thanks for your help in advance... I just bought my phone and went to T-Mobile to get a new micro Sims card. After putting it in, the phone didn't recognize it. I put in the APN settings and it doesn't save it. This really sucks right now because I don't know what else to do. Any help will be greatly appreciated. And my phone isnt rooted yet, just want the stock for now. Thanks again

NaterTots

Feb 7, 2012
CT
OnePlus 5
OnePlus 7T
Is the sim activated? Sometimes on a new sim it takes a few hours to start working.

I was already on Tmo with an N5. I just moved the sim over and all was good.

zephiK

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 23, 2009
New York, NY
Is the sim activated? Sometimes on a new sim it takes a few hours to start working.

I was already on Tmo with an N5. I just moved the sim over and all was good.

What he said. If OP has another phone that uses a MicroSIM, put the sim in that phone and see if it works.
Also did u insert the sim properly into its slot?

suaverc118

Mar 19, 2012
I screwed up and instead of using my old Sim card and cutting I went into T-Mobile and had them activate a new micro Sim card and put it straight in. The old one is deactivated.

suaverc118

Mar 19, 2012
The new micro Sim does work in my old gslaxy S2 phone which used an older big Sim card. Its now using a Sim adapter.

playya

Jan 12, 2007
Florida
to be honest its simple man and actually nothing you needed to make a thread about. Simple go to TMobile store and try an already active sim card. Go to AT&T and see if they can put an active sim card to help you out. Basically go to anywhere that works with a TMobile or AT&T derivative and try it out. Nothing really else we can do to help you on this.

Not try to be rude or anything but its the truth. If none of that works then you may have to RMA. Also maybe find a friend or family member and try their sim . Good luck :good:

MFJamJenk

Feb 3, 2016
HONOLULU
Just had this problem after coming from using the phone overseas and no signal whatsoever on the phone despite numerous restarts, SIM cleaning, and chats with T mobile. After verifying the APN was correct I went to Settings-->About Phone-->Status-->SIM Status and checked to see if the SIM was connected(it showed my phone number, but was disconnected). So from here went to Settings-->Mobile Networks-->Network Operators and let the phone find carriers automatically. Mine showed T-mobile(with a little SIM icon to the right of it), Verizon, and ATT. I clicked on T-Mobile and it registered and is now working.

Probably saved me $15 at the T-Mobile store. Hope this helps even just one of you.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I screwed up and instead of using my old Sim card and cutting I went into T-Mobile and had them activate a new micro Sim card and put it straight in. The old one is deactivated.

Did you insert the SIM card in the right direction and not upside down? I know thats silly to ask.