[App] Shoot Me Mod -- Download or Do It Yourself.

Search This thread

neckface

Feb 8, 2010
Shoot Me came out with an update a couple of days ago that brought screencasting. But only at 3, 5, and 10 frames per second.

I then saw Amon RA post a YouTube video of him screencasting at 30 fps.

I wanted it, so I baksmali'd the app and started poking around and found it was an easy mod.

I'm including the modded version I'm using which screencasts at 20, 30, and 40 fps. I found that the higher fps value, the crappier the quality video you got.

Yes, even at 9001 frames per second.
bje8id.png

Download: ShootMe.

If you want to mod your own frame rate value, just decompile the app with ApkManager or other and ajust the values in /res/values/array.xml

Last edited:

Digitalkarma

Feb 3, 2011
Link doesnt work. :(

Just recently found out about screencasting. Really want to try it at 30 fps. Anyone willing to share? :)

Biker1

Oct 28, 2008
I have been using ShootMe for a couple of months. Works really nicely.
BUT I read that it was removed from the App Marketplace, and I don't see it available anywhere. I am still using it though without issue.
I have Googled regarding the Missing App issue, But have not found any info about it.
Does anyone know why ShootMe was removed from the App Marketplace??

Last edited:

skymera

Mar 28, 2010
I have been using ShootMe for a couple of months. Works really nicely.
BUT I read that it was removed from the App Marketplace, and I don't see it available anywhere. I am still using it though without issue.
I have Googled regarding the Missing App issue, But have not found any info about it.
Does anyone know why ShootMe was removed from the App Marketplace??

Shootme is in the market. I jusr downloaded it.

See: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.bw.picme.local&feature=search_result

Archon810

Feb 19, 2010
Oakland
This mod completely useless - I've tried it back in January and found that it doesn't actually offer any benefit over the stock app. It doesn't change any fps when the file is generated - it still remains 10fps or w/e. Video looks exactly the same as the stock app.

Close this thread - it's confusing and pointless. The author of the fix and I talked on Twitter and reached this confusion.

Im sorry if dis stupid but how do u make it take videos?

I second that. I feel really stupid but i cant figure that part out untill i saw this was an Evo thread. Other websites say to press the top right icon and select continuous...but I do not have that option. Just option to activate the screen shot...shake, shout, and light. Seen the screen shots. Just doesn't exist on my phone running this app. Mod or Original.

Here look LOL.Took the capture with the app.

snap20110407_002951.png

I need a new phone :( The fact this doesn't work on mine and is on my market is frustrating. Any help or advice on to making it work would be cool. I was excited to use this to make videos for my wife who lives in Korea right now while in the military. This would be a tremendous help teaching her the finer points of Android from 6000 miles away.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Shoot Me came out with an update a couple of days ago that brought screencasting. But only at 3, 5, and 10 frames per second.

I then saw Amon RA post a YouTube video of him screencasting at 30 fps.

I wanted it, so I baksmali'd the app and started poking around and found it was an easy mod.

I'm including the modded version I'm using which screencasts at 20, 30, and 40 fps. I found that the higher fps value, the crappier the quality video you got.

Yes, even at 9001 frames per second.
    bje8id.png

Download: ShootMe.

If you want to mod your own frame rate value, just decompile the app with ApkManager or other and ajust the values in /res/values/array.xml
    Dowload link

Shoot me 0.8.0 - Modified to 25, 30 and 40 FPS

Link - http://www.multiupload.com/95UFQONBKQ

Dan
    Can... Not... Resist...

It's over nine-thousand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(‐^▽^‐)オーホッホ
    drop box isnt playing nice with me :(

So I logged in and got same message...

Error (403)
    It seems you don't belong here! You should probably try logging in?

You can also check out our FAQ or forums and maybe you'll find what you were looking for. Or maybe you should try heading home.

There's another link that was posted on #9. That one is working.
    Thanks, but it still works with 10 frames or less...

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

And gingerbread works without mods too. But is it as fun? Nope =P