SkOrPn Samsung Jig & USB OTG

Search This thread

SkOrPn

Jun 3, 2007
Albuquerque, NM
www.planetamd64.com
What's up with the otg cable bro I need one I got a empty 64gb stikc that needs use

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

There hasn't been any demand for them from me. Its nothing special, just a simple short from pin4 to pin5 on the micro side and tied in to the black wire. They are available on ebay for a few bucks from China, but I will not be making them for that, lol.

With that said, I have all the materials necessary to make them. But no one has been asking for them. Everyone wants Factory Cables these days. lol

Last edited:

shayneflashindaily

Sep 15, 2012
Hendersonville NC
Yep, I am still making them. I have enough materials for maybe a few dozen. PM me and I will send you my ebay link if your interested. Thanks

If you could please send me a link ....I have my old t989 and its been sitting thinking its bricked....so its worth a shot to jig it.... Thanx man

2SHAYNEZ

---------- Post added at 01:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 AM ----------

Or if anyone has the like to it ...that would be cool

2SHAYNEZ

SkOrPn

Jun 3, 2007
Albuquerque, NM
www.planetamd64.com
If you could please send me a link ....I have my old t989 and its been sitting thinking its bricked....so its worth a shot to jig it.... Thanx man

2SHAYNEZ

---------- Post added at 01:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 AM ----------

Or if anyone has the like to it ...that would be cool

2SHAYNEZ

Just PM me and I will reply with the info you requested ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    When I had a Vibrant, the jig helped me out of a few jams. Not too long ago, I got the Galaxy S2 as a replacement, so when I started playing around with it, I wanted to make sure I had one close by just in case. The jig is a tiny little thing and I'm prone to losing things, so it was long gone by the time I looked for it again. I decided I'd go cheap and ordered one from an eBay seller in China... that was a mistake. It was definitely cheap, but it didn't do a thing when I plugged it in. It wouldn't turn the phone on and it wouldn't put it into download mode. No sense in returning it either since the return shipping would cost more than I'd get back.

I still wanted to get a working jig and as luck would have it, I found a US based seller when I was looking around for a Kindle Fire factory cable. It turns out that he hand crafts these himself and XDA members give him overwhelmingly positive reviews for his products and service. I sent off a PM and he wrote me back in a flash, I put in my order and had it in 2 days! It's nicely built with a lanyard cord on it so I'm less likely to lose it and most importantly... it works!

I've attached some pictures here with the SkOrPn jig, the Chinese jig (the one without the cord that doesn't work), and my Galaxy S2 with the SkOrPn jig in download mode. It might cost a little more than the cheapest jig that you can find on eBay, but I'm happy to pay a little more for a quality product from a guy who takes pride in the things he makes. FWIW, I'm not affiliated in any way to this seller... I'm just a satisfied customer. He doesn't go out of his way to solicit sales of his products, so I just wanted to get the word out there for anybody that might be looking to purchase a jig for their phone.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/230634690605
    http://xdaforums.com/member.php?u=500006

Almost forgot... I've exchanged a number of PMs with him this past week and inquired about getting a USB OTG cable adapter. He said that while he doesn't currently make them, he'd certainly consider it if enough people showed some interest. Personally, I think a USB OTG cable is at the top of the list of must-have accessories for this phone, so let him know if you agree with me!
    I would love to support another member but you might want to have him update his ebay postings. As of now it does not list the jig working for the SG2. If he updates that then I would place an order.
    It is already listed in the eBay ad for SGSII. I have sold over 1900 of these to xda members, teamwhiskey members, edt members and via word of mouth in multiple IRC channel's since 2010 and to date it has not failed on any samsung phone, the only failures have been phones with corrupted bootloaders a.k.a hard bricks. Also you said SG2 and I'm not aware if any SG2 devices so I can't list that device. All Samsung Galaxy S and SII series smartphones use the same resistance value for Download Mode as far as I know including the latest Google Nexus.

Thanks to the OP for getting the word out on my premium high quality Download Mode JIGs. There is NO OTHER JIG made as good as this one PERIOD ;)

SkOrPn

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App
    I don't know how to make that type of Lanyard lol... Thats a special knot and a special cord stop and I have no clue how how to do or get either. $10 is for me to take YOUR Lanyard that you already bought and glue it into my JIG for you. I was just quoting a price for the custom special edition JIG you showed me, HOWEVER you have to supply the Lanyard or show me where to buy those items and a guide on how to tie those knots. I would be amazed if I even found the extra time to do that extra work...

How much slack do you need at the top? I want to have the ball touching the bottom of the jig for a tight fit.

Sent from my SGH-T989
    rofl....ok sorry forgot a S in the SGSII. BTW your ad does not list "Samsung Galaxy S 2 T989" but it's A-OK. I just placed an order on ebay.

Thanks.
    Oh Ok that t989 is just a T-Mobile part number but its still based off the original i9100 SII series. I will remove the i9100 from the listing when I get the chance. I will look to see if my compatibilty list is up to date. Thanks

Thanks for the order, yours will go out today.

SkOrPn

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App
    Your USB jig looks good.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk