How to use MOTOROLA APPLICATIONS on MOTO G running Cyanogenmod

Search This thread

gnz16

Jun 13, 2014
I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE FATE OF YOUR PHONE . THE INFORMATION AND STEPS I PROVIDE ARE THE ONES I FOUND THAT WORKED FOR ME DOES NOT NECESSARILY MEAN THEY WOULD FOR YOU.!

***==>THIS REQUIRES ROOT<==*** (#commonsense you are on Cyanogen mod)

Okay so i had seen many people having problem with being able to install STOCK MOTOROLA APPLICATIONS ON MOTO G running Cyanogen-mod so here it is first you need the files so i extracted the from a stock firmware file .xml.zip it should work for all the moto g versions out there.

***IMPORTANT***

KEEP A BACKUP OF ALL THE FILES YOU FIDDLE WITH JUST IN CASE YOU DO SOMETHING IDIOTIC AND SOFT BRICK YOUR PHONE.!

now FIRSTLY you need to know that the compatibility/ability of a android phone to be able to install an application is entirely dependent on its properties and values in BUILD.PROP file found in "/System/"

so i am going to attach that as well (do not copy paste the file BUILD.PROP edit it for these two or you may land in trouble also tally the only things that you may require should be these two lines and some " ro.------ " values that i have changed!)

ro.product.model=XT----- #what ever is your model number replace it with the "-----"
ro.product.manufacturer=MOTOROLA

these two are the main lines you need to edit in some cases they may not exist so BE GOD create them .!

restart in the recovery i have TWRP so i used it to fix the permissions in the advanced tab

also after this wipe your cache .!

now once the build.prop is handled assuming you did that correctly we move on to the easy part.

**also you should delete the data and cache of the play store to reset it to the updated phone build properties.**

get a good explorer for the device with root access.

now copy all the files you wan to install in both these folders
copy them to

"
\System\priv-app

\System\app
"

and run them they might just fail to run but thats fine.!

now

delete the ODEX files accompanying them

restart phone in recovery clear the cache and then fix permissions.

while restart you should see a scree saying "updating applications (number of apps you copied to both of the folders)"

restart and then pray hopefully the apps would already be installed .have fun

P.S.
the slow motion feature WORKS TOO!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE FATE OF YOUR PHONE . THE INFORMATION AND STEPS I PROVIDE ARE THE ONES I FOUND THAT WORKED FOR ME DOES NOT NECESSARILY MEAN THEY WOULD FOR YOU.!

***==>THIS REQUIRES ROOT<==*** (#commonsense you are on Cyanogen mod)

Okay so i had seen many people having problem with being able to install STOCK MOTOROLA APPLICATIONS ON MOTO G running Cyanogen-mod so here it is first you need the files so i extracted the from a stock firmware file .xml.zip it should work for all the moto g versions out there.

***IMPORTANT***

KEEP A BACKUP OF ALL THE FILES YOU FIDDLE WITH JUST IN CASE YOU DO SOMETHING IDIOTIC AND SOFT BRICK YOUR PHONE.!

now FIRSTLY you need to know that the compatibility/ability of a android phone to be able to install an application is entirely dependent on its properties and values in BUILD.PROP file found in "/System/"

so i am going to attach that as well (do not copy paste the file BUILD.PROP edit it for these two or you may land in trouble also tally the only things that you may require should be these two lines and some " ro.------ " values that i have changed!)

ro.product.model=XT----- #what ever is your model number replace it with the "-----"
    ro.product.manufacturer=MOTOROLA

these two are the main lines you need to edit in some cases they may not exist so BE GOD create them .!

restart in the recovery i have TWRP so i used it to fix the permissions in the advanced tab

also after this wipe your cache .!

now once the build.prop is handled assuming you did that correctly we move on to the easy part.

**also you should delete the data and cache of the play store to reset it to the updated phone build properties.**

get a good explorer for the device with root access.

now copy all the files you wan to install in both these folders
    copy them to

"
    \System\priv-app

\System\app
    "

and run them they might just fail to run but thats fine.!

now

delete the ODEX files accompanying them

restart phone in recovery clear the cache and then fix permissions.

while restart you should see a scree saying "updating applications (number of apps you copied to both of the folders)"

restart and then pray hopefully the apps would already be installed .have fun

P.S.
    the slow motion feature WORKS TOO!!