Mini Comparison G3 Screen and Size S5, Note 3

Search This thread

Pilz

Dec 1, 2013
Texas
The G3 looks great but I hate talk about how over saturated the S5 looks. Samsung actually gives you a choice. Display mate actually rated the S5 as the most color accurate phone when set to cinema mode.
jequsu7a.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I'm sure there will be a way either with xposed or a ROM to change the display on a similar manner to the S5. I've used it in cinema mode and honestly its better but I'm used to the over saturated colors. My wife calls them "Disney cartoon" colors.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

F4M0U569

Dec 10, 2011
Here is a comparison video If you still think you wouldn't get it because its bigger size than the S5 then you need immediate, competent help.

Reactions: oo3

ziggazee

Jan 23, 2009
How big is the difference in terms of brightness on the g3 compared to the other 2? Been hearing its rather dim.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:

Pilz

Dec 1, 2013
Texas
How big is the difference in terms of brightness on the g3 compared to the other 2? Been hearing its rather dim.

If you look in the op in the second set of pictures all of the phones are at 100 brightness. I can read the display fine when it's really bright outside. Its perfectly readable as is the S5. My Note was less readable that those two. On auto brightness it usually stays at about 85 during the day. Also for some reason the LG keyboard doesn't have a percent sign which I just noticed.

Sent from my LG-F400S using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is a comparison between the G3, S5, and Note 3 screens. As you can see the AMOLED is heavily saturated when compared to the G3. The 2k screen stands out in comparison with the amount of detail that it displays. The blacks are close in color to me at least, but you can be the judge of that. All of the phones were on AUTO brightness for consistency. Pictures were taken with the S5 and the Note 3 respectively.
    The G3 is a comfortable size, and I prefer its size over that of my wife's S5. I really enjoyed my Note 3, but this phone just feels much better, and the back buttons really make a difference.

EDIT Updated:
    (I had another picture but the file got corrupted for some reason, I'll retake it and post it here)
    Thanks for this but I think it would be better if you used the same background on all the phones so you can see the difference better vs different background pics

Sent from my SM-G900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

I'll update the OP with the same backgrounds. Thank you for the input.
    Looks really nice.. Kind of over saturated but not as bad as amoled panels. Was a big fan of amoled screens but now I prefer more accurate display. I think amoled screen make pictures look really good and punchy but lcd panels are better for viewing videos. Amoled screens are the worst for viewing dark scenes in movies and has terrible ghosting. Do you prefer the s5 screen or g3?

I prefer the G3, when I use my wife's S5 it's like you are downgrading honestly. The G3's screen feels more accurate to me and the size is much better for reading through text and as you stated watching videos. I had a Note 3 before this became my daily phone so if that gives you any insight.

Thanks for this but I think it would be better if you used the same background on all the phones so you can see the difference better vs different background pics

Sent from my SM-G900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Edit:
    Thats not a scratch thats my cats hair since he likes to sit everywhere when my wife an I are not home.