Are we getting Android 5.0? Rumors, links, etc..

Search This thread

nigi73

May 21, 2009
Somewhere in UK
Common lads. We will never see official 5 on note2. Why would Samsung shoot itself in a foot? They want to sell us 3 and 4. It is business not a charity. If someone thinks different I am sorry, time to grow up. Corporate thinking is only about one thing - profit.

XKVNZR

Dec 21, 2012
If sammy didn't we all will PETITION, SUE, CLAIM Samsung for our Our Android L for NOTE II.
We need to think fast for strategy. Charge POSITIVITY. And IT'S OUR RIGHT. Cheers.

Poine001

Aug 27, 2014
Here will get Android 5.0 update is a list of Samsung smart phones.

GT-I9300 – Galaxy S 3
GT-I9305 – Galaxy S 3 LTE
GT-I9500 – Galaxy S 4
GT-I9505 – Galaxy S 4 LTE
GT-N5100 – Galaxy Note 8.0
GT-N5105 – Galaxy Note 8.0 LTE
GT-N5110 – Galaxy Note 8.0 Wi-Fi
GT-N7100 – Galaxy Note 2
GT-N7105 – Galaxy Note 2 LTE
GT-N8000 – Galaxy Note 10.1
GT-N8005 – Galaxy Note 10.1 LTE
GT-N8010 – Galaxy Note 10.1 Wi-Fi

manuel1992

Feb 4, 2014
Shkoder
Here will get Android 5.0 update is a list of Samsung smart phones.

GT-I9300 – Galaxy S 3
GT-I9305 – Galaxy S 3 LTE
GT-I9500 – Galaxy S 4
GT-I9505 – Galaxy S 4 LTE
GT-N5100 – Galaxy Note 8.0
GT-N5105 – Galaxy Note 8.0 LTE
GT-N5110 – Galaxy Note 8.0 Wi-Fi
GT-N7100 – Galaxy Note 2
GT-N7105 – Galaxy Note 2 LTE
GT-N8000 – Galaxy Note 10.1
GT-N8005 – Galaxy Note 10.1 LTE
GT-N8010 – Galaxy Note 10.1 Wi-Fi

is this for real?:eek:

Please provide a source link

Reactions: note2nooby

tozneno

Sep 6, 2007
France
come one guys... this list is a crappy joke, because the S3 did even not been update to KK.
official cause claimed by sammy is the fact that the S3 with his only 1Go of ram couln't assume the KK update with TW...

Last edited:

XKVNZR

Dec 21, 2012
I've much patience. And don't SPAM the Topic..instead PM

---------- Post added at 09:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 AM ----------

If Samsung objects(stops) of hardware limitation in the Phab to update L, Then it will be good to see what it will do with low end devices(Grand, xx Mini.. And all those).
It may object of Update cycle like max 3 major updates, update period ...

XKVNZR

Dec 21, 2012
The insider confirmed
Google’s next version is expected to be a big update and
Samsung will take some time to update their devices.

So it may take 3-6 months more as of September, as it might need to update more 4, note 3 also to L

---------- Post added at 12:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 PM ----------

Here;
...XDA outside link message to New ones...

I doubt regarding the pre-list cuz it's dated# Posted by Danny D. 1 year ago.
And remember of much hype people expecting Android 5.0 which is ... Android 4.4

TheATHEiST

Sep 29, 2008
Hull
Samsung Galaxy S9+
Samsung Galaxy S21
I've much patience. And don't SPAM the Topic..instead PM

...what?

Either stop trolling or stop making such ridiculous posts like suing Samsung because you dont get a new update years after device was released. They are under no obligation to do so and we dont need them to update it anyway when we have much better devs like CM team and others.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    just got confirmation from my senior brother (from my university) who works for Samsung R&D Bangladesh. They're working on the localisation of the firmware ( Bangla language/keyboard integration/modem optimisation for local carriers etc...CSC: TML) . Sadly it's 5.0.2 and not the 5.1.1 :( . They'll submit it to Samsung R&D in S. Korea at the end of this month then it'll be submitted to google for final approval....which means it'll most likely be released by the end of august.
    Just in case we won't get it, it is already portable ... sort of ;)
    Hmm.
    Touchwiz is totally different that CM and AOSP. Each has its own users and lovers as far as taste is concerned. Law of nature.

However we all hope that note 2 will get a lollipop update even if it is carrier specific. I myself can try my best to internationalise it and release it.

However let's be realistic here. Note 2 is an old device. As HW and ram capacity concerned it is logical for samsung to neglect this device. Business demands them to release new devices and sell more.

Personally I have other newer spen devices than note 2. But I still believe that note 2 is a good device and I use it the most. We hope for lollipop update. But don't put so much dreams on it.

That was my personal opinion.
    Good news.

http://www.justaboutphones.com/andr...-for-mid-range-samsung-galaxy-devices-note-2/
    android5.0_lollipop_samsung_core2_grand2_mega2_grandePrime_Note2.jpg
    A small update, ThreeUKSupport tweeted me and they told me that the update is indeed NOT cancelled and as soon as testing is finished by them we should receive the OTA.