copilot 8

Search This thread

wulls

Feb 12, 2008
Aberdeen
Has any one tried Copilot 8 yet, I have tried several times to buy it via download but always get an error message.

Lamsebamsen

Sep 22, 2008
Roskilde
Has any one tried Copilot 8 yet, I have tried several times to buy it via download but always get an error message.

I had problems installing CoPilot from the danish website, and tried contacting their help-line...
Apparently, again I can only speak for the danish variant, the version on their website doesn't work for TD2. But HTC.com has a version under "support" that works beautifully with the TD2, and that's the one CoPilot's supporter told me to download.
So try and download that, and see if it works for you.

*fingers crossed*

sb09

Feb 18, 2008
Wulls,

I considered upgrading and checked it out on CoPilot's website only to discover that CP Live 8 is not compatible (either as a new download, or an upgrade) for TD2s or TP2s that came with the original 15-day trial version, even though the general compatibility chart states both handsets are compatible with CPL8.

So if yours, like mine, came with that trial version, then you will not be able to upgrade, which seems absolutely stupid to me.

I wonder however if you flashed a new ROM (most if not all of which wouldn't include to CP7 trial), then you be able to download it (CPL8) as a new instal (which costs just 3GBP more).

My first venture away from Tomtom (and I've regretted it for the most part)!

Last edited:

wulls

Feb 12, 2008
Aberdeen
I forgot to mention I already purchased Copilot Live 7 for my Diamond 2 in May as no nav software came with it. Here is the reply from Alk when I explained this to them.

Thank you for contacting CoPilot Technical Support.

"I am confirming that indeed that the HTC Touch Diamond 2 without pre-installed copilot(trial version) will be able to upgrade copilot 8"

When I contacted them about not being able to download the upgrade They "think" that there is a problem with their server this is why I cannot download it, have been waiting two days for a reply

B1CEP

Apr 26, 2009
I dont have co-pilot7 pre installed and ive just brought co-pilot8 trying to install now.....

B1CEP

Apr 26, 2009
WORKING

Ive just got it working, no problems what so ever, guess u need to have a devise which didnt orginally have copilot pre installed

CerB

Aug 23, 2008
Nyborg
I had problems installing CoPilot from the danish website, and tried contacting their help-line...
Apparently, again I can only speak for the danish variant, the version on their website doesn't work for TD2. But HTC.com has a version under "support" that works beautifully with the TD2, and that's the one CoPilot's supporter told me to download.
So try and download that, and see if it works for you.

*fingers crossed*

is that V8 you got from there or V7 ?
i have writting to the danish support to get an answer if i have to pay or if i can update my V7 for free, havent got any answer yet.

Darrenives

Jun 28, 2007
I forgot to mention I already purchased Copilot Live 7 for my Diamond 2 in May as no nav software came with it. Here is the reply from Alk when I explained this to them.

Thank you for contacting CoPilot Technical Support.

"I am confirming that indeed that the HTC Touch Diamond 2 without pre-installed copilot(trial version) will be able to upgrade copilot 8"

When I contacted them about not being able to download the upgrade They "think" that there is a problem with their server this is why I cannot download it, have been waiting two days for a reply

I can't download it either! Anyone managed to get the download working?

Lamsebamsen

Sep 22, 2008
Roskilde
is that V8 you got from there or V7 ?
i have writting to the danish support to get an answer if i have to pay or if i can update my V7 for free, havent got any answer yet.

It would have been version 8...
But I ended up finding a different sollution, since their support took ages to answer even the simplest of questions.
I had contact with them both by email and by phone...
It took almost 2½ weeks for me to get an answer on what to do, and that was after calling them.
I rarely use support/helplines, but when I do I expect to get a quick reply...

CerB

Aug 23, 2008
Nyborg
that got to be the dummest firm i ever did buy something from, my TD2 came with a CD with 15 days trial. i quickly buy the europe maps, now i cant upgrade to the newest V8, it says my product cant be upgraded. **** thats lame.

i will wait and see what their support says about that.

or els i have to move on to TOMTOM or something like that.

to bad my licens is only 3 months old........

M@rtyn04

Jul 5, 2007
Bielefeld
www.xdasite.com
I downloaded v8 from the UK website (I live in Germany and the German site doesn't as yet have v8 on offer). It took ages to download as the transfere speed never exceeded 42kb/sec, even though I have a DSL6000 line. But once I had all the files on the desktop it only took a minute or two to transfere to my SD card.

I have used it a few times to test on routes that I normally use for work and it works great. GPS aquisition is much faster than with my old TT6, and route planning is also very fast. Also, if you don't follow the turns that Co-Pilot suggests, it will very quickly re-plan a route for you.

Co-Pilot Live8 cost me €29.99 (£25) from the UK Co-Pilot site, which is amazingly cheap. For Co-Pilot 7 from the Germany site it would have cost me €70!! So if you are looking for a good, working, legal (NOT WAREZ!!) navi software then it would be worth taking a look at http://www.alk.eu.com/copilot/

I have this running on my Diamond 2. Works in Portrait and Landscape modes. I am very happy with it and would recommend anyone to at least have a look at the website I mentioned above. Sadly there is no trial version, which is offered by some other navi firms, such as Navigon (30 day trial of their latest software!!).

Darrenives

Jun 28, 2007
I downloaded v8 from the UK website (I live in Germany and the German site doesn't as yet have v8 on offer). It took ages to download as the transfere speed never exceeded 42kb/sec, even though I have a DSL6000 line. But once I had all the files on the desktop it only took a minute or two to transfere to my SD card.

Yes but how did you download it? I got sent the link to the site, but when I put the required details in it just keeps bouncing saying incorrect information - even though I'm using the exact same details they sent to me in their order confirmation!

Do you have a different URL to the one they sent in the email?

B1CEP

Apr 26, 2009
Yes but how did you download it? I got sent the link to the site, but when I put the required details in it just keeps bouncing saying incorrect information - even though I'm using the exact same details they sent to me in their order confirmation!

Do you have a different URL to the one they sent in the email?

You must be entering it in wrong, i did the same a few time :p dont copy and paste it type it in as its case sensitive

Last edited:

BigKuri

Mar 22, 2006
London
I download 7 and now ive got 8, theres loads of improvements....see there site.

I have both the TD2-specific flavour of v7 CoPilot as well as version 8 in front of me.
Sure they have changed the menu slightly on v8, but TD2-version7 has all the same functions - local search, live weather, etc.. Also the TD2v7 maps I downloaded are same as the v8 maps.

Unless different country versions are different?... Who knows.

CerB

Aug 23, 2008
Nyborg
can someone upload the cab file from the 2577 folder ? would be fun to see what happens if i installed it.

Darrenives

Jun 28, 2007
You must be entering it in wrong, i did the same a few time :p dont copy and paste it type it in as its case sensitive

Finally got it. Wasn't entering the wrong info, just that their server was knackered / slow / down. After 20 mins of going in and trying again every couple of minutes, hey presto it actually connected and allowed the download!

BigKuri

Mar 22, 2006
London
Was talking to my friend at ALK who said they have been caught a bit short due to the shear popularity of their iPhone and Android releases - proving hugely popular, especially at the current price.

javedali

Nov 28, 2007
Co-Pilot 8

Abosolute bargain, just got it for my TD2 £25.99 off ALK website, works great and is slightly better than V7.