[Q] Please recommend me a stable Android phone.
Hey, I am looking to buy a new smartphone. Over my usage of smartphones, especially android I've made a few conclusions.
1) On newer phones battery life is extremely poor.
2) Most are more powerful than my PC but I use them to check my email or send a watsapp msg and I don't need 4 quad core for this.
3) They are too large. I want a phone that is light, thick and I can wear it in my pocket comfortably. I don't want mini tablet.
4) They have bugs. At least the phones I have tried. Mostly HTCs the worst was my Sensation. I don't know if this is because of Android or HTC or Sense but there was so many minor bugs which were really annoying even after I changed a dozens of ROMS. Like
-When it gets a little cold the touch and phone became unresponsive (iphone has no problems)
-Power button not working properly
-Wifi death grip
-Random software problems.
And they are many more which I cant recall right now.
I want to avoid those things if possible. The phone I am looking for:
- proven phone that has no or minor bugs. This is very important for me. I want the phone to work not to make me work to fix it.
2) Battery life
- I want a phone with a battery life that can last me at least a day with heavy usage without concerning. 3-4 days of battery life with light usage sounds great.
- I want a normal sized phone but not too small. Something like the Iphone 4 (3,5 inch display) or a little bit more little is perfect. But a little bit larger won't hurt too.
4) XDA Support
- I believe the phones with the most support here are the best. Or if they are not you can make them with all the ROMS and mods. So I am looking for a phone with lots of XDA developers working on it.
- I will prefer the phone to be durable and feel durable. I don't want fragile phones.
- I don't care about specs if the things listed above are present in any phone. Of Course I want good specs good camera and display but I can I will sacrifice some of them for battery life or stability.
So let generalize: I want a stable phone for everyday usage. Stability and good battery life are the two most important criterias I also want good XDA support. From the specs I care most about the display but the specs overall can be less good as I said stability and battery life are the most important stuff. I like nexus phones. The pure android looks really nice and I think it will give less problems then custom UIs.
So Please recommend the phone I am looking for if it is a nexus that will be a bonus.
PP: I thought about getting Iphone 4/4s but I cant android is android!