VZW Note 3 Plug in power issue

Search This thread

Fran28

Jun 17, 2014
Hello,

First I've looked everywhere for the last three days on something about this and I can find nothing so I come to you in a new thread for help.

I have a Verizon Note 3

SM-N900VZKEVZW

I'm having an issue where if I take the battery out and put a new one in I need to plug the phone in before I can power it on. I was running Hyperdrive but I reverted back to stock.

Here is an example of the issue.

If I shut down the phone and don't remove the battery I can press the power button and it will power on just fine; however, if I shut down the phone to put in my second battery that is fully charged or just take out the original battery and put it back in the power button does nothing until the phone is plugged in. When I plug the phone it the battery icon will come on.... the screen will freeze with a snow screen and then go to the stock battery changing screen at which point I can use the power button to power on the phone.

Another weird thing is I cannot boot in to recovery with by holding the power button and down on the volume button if I do this the phone will just keep looping at the Samsung screen with a lock on it; however if I boot in to recovery through safe strap I can get there.

I've done a factory reset and reinstalled the rom and recovery and I still have this issue.

Attached Images are the snowy screen and the screen that will keep rebooting if I try to get to recovery with power and volume down. (now the snowy screen has changed to a battery screen superimposed with the safe strap screen it only shows up for a second before going to the battery charging screen)

Please someone help!

Second question what should I do if I need to send the phone back to samsung? Or should I just deal with the battery thing? Other than that the phone works fine.

Thank you.

Last edited: