www.topgun.gr
This is a trick to edit registry values στο mango update

Pre-requests:
1. Pre Mango - unlocked NODO with TouchExlorer side loaded
2. Last Connection Setup from marketplace
3. Update to Mango Beta unlocked
4. Backup ( Backup Phone before try )

HowTo:
1. Send file CustClear.provxml.txt from PC to some email so you can read it from the phone
2. From the phone open the Email, click to the attached file and it opens with Word,
click ... and choose save as... CustClear.provxml ( save to phone)
3. From TouchExplorer navigate to My Documents, there is the file CustClear.provxml.txt, rename to
CustClear.provxml ( C capital as here ), copy the file to Windows and replace if suggests
4. Reboot
5. Boot Phone and run ConnectionSetup at first
6. Reboot

if everything goes ok the registry values will have changed,

The attached file i give has the basic changes for unlock, 32bt fix, max unsigned apps
You can change what ever registry value you want.. i have changed Light Themes color to Grey

Who ever try post results and share your changes

Attachments

• CustClear.provxml.txt
    1.1 KB · Views: 2,553
Last edited:

colossus_r

Feb 10, 2007
Huawei P40 Pro
Well done m8

Well done m8...and thanks for the info...

I test it and its working fine ...
and i have to add some more registry values to the pack

Code:
  <characteristic type="HKLM\ControlPanel\Themes\0">
        <parm name="PageBackgroundColor" value="#FF212121" datatype="string" />
	<parm name="SysTrayBackgroundColor" value="#FF212121" datatype="string" />
  </characteristic>
This one will change the white background in light theme to a dark grey

Code:
  <characteristic type="HKLM\ControlPanel\Lock">
         <parm name="DisableNever" value="0" datatype="integer" />
  </characteristic>

and this one wiil add the never option in screen timeout (if its not allready there)

Reactions: captain-foivos

iky10

Sep 8, 2005
or you can just use schaps windows device manager and transfer the file into windows folder directly via the WDM(schaps app) while your currently on NODO, and then load mango onto phone.

When finished installing mango, goto market place download "connection setup" thats first thing you do, run connection setup follow on screen instructions (the connection setup looks for the CustClear.provxml file) and your done all your homebrew apps will work.

edit: add any reg keys you want into the CustClear.provxml and transfer it over using the app provided by schaps while in NODO.

Last edited:

colossus_r

Feb 10, 2007
Huawei P40 Pro
or you can just use schaps windows device manager and transfer the file into windows folder via the WDM(schaps app) while your currently on NODO, and then load mango, goto market place download connection setup thats first thing you do, run setup and your done all your homebrew apps wil work.

Thats correct ..but the above method from viel will work and after mango update

3gox

Jan 8, 2010
Hi there, great solution, but, one question:

What to do if My market doesn´t find the Connection setup on Market :confused:?
I have found it on Zune, but I don´t have an install button like in other apps.
Maybe is not avaiable for all the countries :S?

PD: Sorry for my bad English

3gox

Jan 8, 2010
So if I own an Omnia7 phone, I´m not able to test this :(?

And what about it I try the Samsung "Network profile" app? Won´t be the same :p?

drkfngthdragnlrd

Retired Recognized Developer
Mar 27, 2008
Palmdale, CA
www.facebook.com

And what about it I try the Samsung "Network profile" app? Won´t be the same :p?

Don't know if it uses the same file. The link I posted above shows how to edit the registry to make the Market think your device is an HTC device. No clue though if HTC's CS app will work on your device though. I'd test it first. make a tes CustClear.provxml with a registry value you can verified is being written like changing one of the accent colors say.

colossus_r

Feb 10, 2007
Huawei P40 Pro

I dont know that ....but i think that samsung app its not reading provxml files ...
the trick here is that connection setup from htc can read and deploy any commands inside a provxml file.

3gox

Jan 8, 2010
Yeah, tanks for the link, I saw it, but since I´m in Mango I can not modify the registry for that too ;).
I´m not having time until Saturday or Sunday (Tuesday today here) to rollback and test that things ;).

3gox

Jan 8, 2010
I was going to try a fast test but for now it´s impossible cuz when I try to open "Touchexplorer" an alert gets fired telling Microsoft has revoqued that app :S.

Umm...I would have to try in another way :\, hope I would have some time shortly :)

hx4700 Killer

Oct 19, 2007
Texas
I'm sure samsung can do this using the GPRS settings trick some of us used to keep dev unlock post mango.

There is a diag screen that gets you a GPRS settings screen that will display and execute an XML (not provxml) in a drop down list that is placed in the root of the phone in a folder called provxml.

I would have to hunt down my other post on how I kept dev unlock post mango to get all the info.

piaqt

Jan 5, 2010
New York City
Custclear.provxml

Does anyone know how to put a custclear.provxml in the Windows directory of an already-Mangoed and unlocked phone? Can anyone tell me if it's even possible?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a trick to edit registry values στο mango update

Pre-requests:
    1. Pre Mango - unlocked NODO with TouchExlorer side loaded
    2. Last Connection Setup from marketplace
    3. Update to Mango Beta unlocked
    4. Backup ( Backup Phone before try )

HowTo:
    1. Send file CustClear.provxml.txt from PC to some email so you can read it from the phone
    2. From the phone open the Email, click to the attached file and it opens with Word,
    click ... and choose save as... CustClear.provxml ( save to phone)
    3. From TouchExplorer navigate to My Documents, there is the file CustClear.provxml.txt, rename to
    CustClear.provxml ( C capital as here ), copy the file to Windows and replace if suggests
    4. Reboot
    5. Boot Phone and run ConnectionSetup at first
    6. Reboot

if everything goes ok the registry values will have changed,

The attached file i give has the basic changes for unlock, 32bt fix, max unsigned apps
    You can change what ever registry value you want.. i have changed Light Themes color to Grey

Who ever try post results and share your changes
    I was talking about the device, but ...
    You are rigth about the dump. Its stil very difficult to see the registrys values on dumb and they are not allways the same as the values in the device...

True, being an emulator, it may not be 100%. But, better than nothing.

Copied all the RGU's into 1 folder & than created a bat file to merge them into 1 giant RGU. Finally created a CAB with WinCE CAB Manager & imported the merged RGU. Open the attached CAB in WinCE CAB Manager to view Mango Beta2 (7661) Emulator reg in GUI format. It will take a while for WinCE CAB Manager to open it. It will look as though WinCE CAB Manager froze, just wait.
    Well done m8

Well done m8...and thanks for the info...

I test it and its working fine ...
    and i have to add some more registry values to the pack

Code:
      <characteristic type="HKLM\ControlPanel\Themes\0">
            <parm name="PageBackgroundColor" value="#FF212121" datatype="string" />
    	<parm name="SysTrayBackgroundColor" value="#FF212121" datatype="string" />
      </characteristic>
    This one will change the white background in light theme to a dark grey

Code:
      <characteristic type="HKLM\ControlPanel\Lock">
             <parm name="DisableNever" value="0" datatype="integer" />
      </characteristic>

and this one wiil add the never option in screen timeout (if its not allready there)
    Does anyone know where I can find or how I can create the reg. edit for a higher number of SMS recepients for Mango?

Thanks

Code:
    <wap-provisioningdoc>
    <!-- *** comments - Max sms recep*** -->   
       <characteristic type="Registry">
          <characteristic type="HKLU\Software\Microsoft\SotrMsg\Settings">
             <parm name="LimitRecipients" value="1000" datatype="integer" />
          </characteristic>    
       </characteristic>
    </wap-provisioningdoc>
    Copy this code to notepad and save it as custclear.provxml
    Folow the direction on the OP in #1 page

EDIT: Attached is the file for you just rename to custclear.provxml

Yes. So what am I doing wrong?

This method its working on HTC devices ..i have test it in my trophy...
    Unistall toutchexplorer from your device and re-install it... ori use the one attached
    That maybe solve your problem...
    Another good place to look for registry info from the dump is the default and user hv files. Just gotta convert them to hvm files. Ill attach them here that I already did. Just open them up with notepad.