Wifi Dropping

Search This thread

blickley

Jul 27, 2011
Is anyone having issues with Wifi dropping on their TF700? I thought it was a fluke, sometimes I would pick up my device and the wifi would be just be coming back on, but at least a few times now, it has dropped and reconnected while I was using it. Happened on 2 different wifi networks...

-Chris

Ausmike

Jun 2, 2011
NYC
~~ I am holding my breath for this ASUS pad ~~ UPS = saying " out for delivery" .............can waite to rip the box open

~~~ am now kinda nervious reading this POST !! >> on the Transformer Tf201 ( the other ips panel 720P version) with AL metal back = had same same issue ~~~ thats why ASUS went to TF300's with all PLASTIC back .........so solve the issue of that METAL = consuming the 'radio singals' ,,, and antenna = way to small voume compared to the metal backing == thus the 'interferance'

So I will be super pissed ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, and that be the FIRST TEST i be running ..............
SURE WILL return it if the 'endless wireless singal loss occurs"

thanks for the post (( just hope am wrong))

MartyHulskemper

Jun 5, 2008
I do not think this is a Prime-like design issue.

Have you looked under ASUS' customized settings? Somewhere down there (last one, I believe, form the top of my head) is a toggle for WiFi sleeping when the display is off. Is that disabled?

Einride

Sep 8, 2010
I've not had these issues either. Wifi has been rock solid since I got it. A little bummed it doesn't support 5 GHz, but luckily the 2.4GHz isn't too crowded where I live now.

GPS is pretty good as well, even indoors. I'd say Asus did good fixing these "design flaws" found in the TF201.

HoushaSen

Jul 10, 2012
Nope. I have not had issue with wifi as far as I know. But I have not watched any streaming video or downloaded any large files yet so that may change.

criodor

Dec 21, 2010
Duiven
No issues here as well. Everything rock solid with connections. Good transfer speeds too.

Verstuurd van mijn ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T met Tapatalk

blickley

Jul 27, 2011
Great

Good to know that others are not having problems.

Ausmike: this is definately not the issues we saw with the Prime. Signal strength is fantastic...I think it is slighlty (very slightly) less strong than my TF101, but still very very good. My issue was that the connection would drop and then reconnect. My hope is that this was just a fluke or not related to the device itself.

Thanks,
Chris

Asus_USA

Verified ASUS Rep
Apr 29, 2011
If you go into your Settings, there should be ASUS Customized Settings a little halfway down. Inside that screen, near the bottom, there is the 'Disconnect network during sleep'. Make sure the box is unchecked.

Give that a try.

peare

May 10, 2006
Upon restart my router is remembered but not connected. I have to connect manually every time.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using xda premium

Eroc162

Jan 19, 2008
Is anyone having issues with Wifi dropping on their TF700? I thought it was a fluke, sometimes I would pick up my device and the wifi would be just be coming back on, but at least a few times now, it has dropped and reconnected while I was using it. Happened on 2 different wifi networks...

-Chris

This use to happen to my prime. All the time.

0x000

Sep 2, 2010
i've had the infinity now for over a week and didn't have any wifi drops until today.
no idea if it was because of bad weather or the router or the pad :) but i was in the basement were it worked properly before and it always dropped wifi connection repeatedly. i was downloading two torrents (one after the other because two torrents don't work at the same time at all due to I/O issues) and when the infinity was responding (I/O issues) i tried to surf the web. i've held it vertically, if that matters. other than that, no weird issues :)

Alitheia

Dec 26, 2010
I'm also not having any issues. My Wi-Fi is set to "Always on" even while it is sleeping as ASUS_USA said. Have you looked into that?

chrisaba1

Jan 29, 2008
Jersey
WIFI is good, especially coming from transformer prime, signal strength seems same as prime, but connection does not fluctuate like when when I had Prime. Very happy with this fix.

MartyHulskemper

Jun 5, 2008
I'm also not having any issues. My Wi-Fi is set to "Always on" even while it is sleeping as ASUS_USA said. Have you looked into that?

Off-topic: However glad I may be you found the answer in ASUS_USA's post, it is a little depressing people do not read the thread, for I have said that several posts up (this thread isn't even that long). I do not care about getting credit -- that's not the issue here -- but it is symptomatic of people not reading threads, so we keep giving out answers that were given out ages ago, repeating ourselves to infinity (pun not intended). That is the exact reason why most forum regulars -- the most knowledgeable in here -- quit after some time helping newer members.

Ausmike

Jun 2, 2011
NYC
working fine on first day of Infinity

Good to know that others are not having problems.

Ausmike: this is definately not the issues we saw with the Prime. Signal strength is fantastic...I think it is slighlty (very slightly) less strong than my TF101, but still very very good. My issue was that the connection would drop and then reconnect. My hope is that this was just a fluke or not related to the device itself.

Thanks,
Chris

@chris - thanks for the reply >> yes so far i hvent had any issues with thisnew SHINNY THING
Ausome love it

@ eveyone else
am in great company

Thanks
mike

slntdth93

Dec 11, 2010
Markham
I seem to have an issue where if I'm transferring alot over wi-fi the connection drops alot. So far its happening when I am using airsync :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Has anyone figured out what is exactly causing this? Is happening to me more and more frequently at home especially when connected to wn2000rp netgear range extender but also happens on other networks. I am inclined to believe it is something in the device ( most likely software I hope!) Happens mostly when streamling large amounts of data such as netflix, youtube or files from play store.

i also use a WN2000RPT netgear repeater and wifi drops only occur(ed) here.
    my setup:
    basement: netgear WNR3500L - for LAN devices without wifi (media stuff), connects to WN2000RPT extender SSID
    1st floor: netgear WN2000RPT repeater - for LAN devices without wifi, connects to 2nd floor main wifi SSID, provides extender SSID
    2nd floor: netgear WNR3500L - connects to 3G internet router, provides main wifi SSID connection

i only experienced dropping wifi in the basement so far. the main wifi SSID is only available with a very weak signal in the basement. the extender SSID provides a good connection there.
    i had the main wifi SSID with broadcast SSID enabled, and the extender SSID broadcast was disabled. it always dropped connection or tried to switch connection between main wifi and extender SSID. maybe because of the visibility of the main wifi SSID it preferred this connection?

when i enabled the extender SSID broadcast it got much better, i was able to stream movies over DNLA from a device on the 2nd floor without any hickups..
    Yeah I know alot of people are having the same issue, but it happens too often, it happens like every 20th second. And I didn't pay for this to happened.

I also called Asus, but they said "There is nothing we can do", and they said "Please call your distributor".:confused:

Oh wow - that sounds like a whole different problem than I'm having (mine disconnects/reconnects very infrequently). Have you tried setting a static IP address on the TF700?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2
    Just curious if you got the replacement yet and if so did it help at all?

Hi

Just got my replacement. I still have some dropping, but not bad as before.