Best Battery ROM

Search This thread

XxLostSoulxX

May 22, 2010
Charlotte, NC
OK so i installed almost every ROM on there and here is what i found.

TOP.

:good: CleanGB ---- Takes the crown, super fast battery charge in less then 45minutes the battery is full. Over a period of 8 hours in stand by(as i sleep) the battery did not drop at all.

:confused: CM9 ---- Took over 2.5 hours to charge the battery, in 8 hours it dropped 12% battery life.

:rolleyes: CM7 --- Charged in 1.7 hours and dropped 17% battery in 8 hours.

:eek: The rest were terrible, I would not even bother.

All configuration were the same. Everything off (wifi, gps, etc)

After all i installed CleanGB again at the end. And guess what in the past 8 hours battery did not at all in standby. My phone last 3 days on the same battery charge again, with normal to moderate use.

This was the same battery same settings.

Let me know if you guys found something else.

GUI experience:

CleanGB is cool and simple, however i wish they would upgrade to Android 4

CM9 has an really cool interface but i can not tolerate the battery drain issue.

CM7 is the worst of the two, not so great GUI and bad battery life.

If you still think im crazy install CleanGB and see for yourself. CM9 just needs to focus on the battery drain.
CleanGB is more focused on the phone working as it should and they did that really well. :good:

You must have a lemon dude, CM7 I can get 2 days with mod/heavy usage on 1800mAh Anker.

Cm9 I get 1.5 days same usage same battery.
AOKP I get 2 days same usage same battery.
Stock GB crap

Sent From A Coked Out Epic

adamdelozier

Mar 31, 2011
Milford, CT
Did you get gps working with the nexus modem on aokp?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

Within 85 ft from my living room.

4cfaede6-4bf6-b311.jpg

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

KennyG123

Senior Moderator / Mod Committee / Spider-Mod
Staff member
Nov 1, 2010
Right behind you!
Ok, been flashing a lot. But all these seem to keep the battery draining while driving with the GPS on. Is there a current rom (JB) that doesn't let the battery die while plugged in and using navigation? Or is this just a personal problem?

No. You will need to go back to a Gingerbread ROM, Touchwiz or CM7 is best.

Reactions: Bobvark

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thread moved in 3 ..... 2..... 1.......
    The rest are horrible..? Thats not very nice, if your looking for a battery saving ROM, you should definitely try The Peoples Rom (TPR) and if your not satisfied with thatt, try Cut&Paste Rom. Those two ROM's are awesome.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium
    What the hell is this doing in development?
    Read forum rules before posting!
    Thread moved
    FNM

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda premium
    Let me know if you guys found something else.

The People's ROM. It's as good as CleanGB (ran that for several months) and is based off the latest official release (FC09).

My one personal cheat is to use the CleanGB kernel with TPR, so that may be why I get fantastic battery life.

CleanGB is cool and simple, however i wish they would upgrade to Android 4

Never going to happen. CleanGB (and TPR) are both stock TouchWiz based ROMs and it's not too likely that Sprint will offer an ICS update for the Epic.
    Did you get gps working with the nexus modem on aokp?

Hmm perhaps I need to have didhiy do the kernel fix. There's a fix on the nexus s since people had the same problem. So far, I've only seen you and another person on the epic having that issue, which is odd. Talk to him though, since he fixed it somehow. His name is popssracer.