[Q] Similarities between D5503 and SO-02F

Search This thread

idimitro

May 7, 2012
Hi, I have the possibility to by the Japanese version of Z1 Compact. I am wondering would it be possible to cross flash it with the D5503 ROMs, root hacks, etc? Will the mods work.
According to this page the only differences are:
- the LTE frequency bands
- no FM radio
- digital TV receiver
Considering that I don't care for any of the features above I am ready to loose them.
So has anybody played with this phone? What are differences on SW level, etc.

I know the most likely answer is "NO", but somebody might have tried it seen some other modifications, etc.
Thanks.

khagenmgr

Jun 19, 2013
dubai
if it works in uae i would buy japanese version... anyone having any idea!!!!

Sent from my MT27i using xda app-developers app

idimitro

May 7, 2012
I can't help with your questions but dam, I'd swap out my fm radio for digital TV receiver

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

I will not get the Digital TV reception anyway as it is not available around the world as it was mentioned above.

One thing I will gain though is - glass back panel.

Can I live with Sony firmware, and reading Japanese sites for rooting, ROMs, etc, or can I wait and loose the glass back - this is the question :eek::cowboy:

WasherUK

Mar 18, 2012
Manchester
I'm not sure what I'd choose given glass or plastic. Before receiving the phone I would have chosen glass but after using the plastic it doesn't bother me in any way.

Reactions: khagenmgr

BCH/HTC

Sep 23, 2012
I will not get the Digital TV reception anyway as it is not available around the world as it was mentioned above.

One thing I will gain though is - glass back panel.

Can I live with Sony firmware, and reading Japanese sites for rooting, ROMs, etc, or can I wait and loose the glass back - this is the question :eek::cowboy:

Not so fast myfriend:D. It has now come to light that the Z1f has plastic panel as well & had a white sheet change to clarify.

Per Xperia Blog:

Both the D5503 and M51w variants of the Xperia Z1 Compact were changed on the 6 February 2014, with the same amended wording. So, this doesn’t look like an accident to us. Sony has purposely changed the wording and therefore our conclusion is that it is pretty likely that the back is indeed made from plastic and not glass, as initially suggested.

http://www.xperiablog.net/2014/02/0...compact-have-a-plastic-back-instead-of-glass/

The M51w is the Japanese version. I think that all the reviewers got it wrong & were just regurgitating what was purported on the Sony site. It sucks as I sent my Z1c back & had planned on getting the Z1f. I'll have to wait & see if any solid evidence comes to light.

idimitro

May 7, 2012
Not so fast myfriend:D. It has now come to light that the Z1f has plastic panel as well & had a white sheet change to clarify.

Per Xperia Blog:

Both the D5503 and M51w variants of the Xperia Z1 Compact were changed on the 6 February 2014, with the same amended wording. So, this doesn’t look like an accident to us. Sony has purposely changed the wording and therefore our conclusion is that it is pretty likely that the back is indeed made from plastic and not glass, as initially suggested.

http://www.xperiablog.net/2014/02/0...compact-have-a-plastic-back-instead-of-glass/

The M51w is the Japanese version. I think that all the reviewers got it wrong & were just regurgitating what was purported on the Sony site. It sucks as I sent my Z1c back & had planned on getting the Z1f. I'll have to wait & see if any solid evidence comes to light.
The M51w is "Z1 colourful" for China without LTE. Check the link I included in the first post. According to the SO-02F white paper the material of the back is a bit unclear.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    101 KB · Views: 429

BCH/HTC

Sep 23, 2012
The M51w is "Z1 colourful" for China without LTE. Check the link I included in the first post. According to the SO-02F white paper the material of the back is a bit unclear.

Yeah. This is strange indeed. I had never even heard of the Z1 "colorful edition". I wonder if the Z1f weighs 3 grams more because of a glass back, or most likely because of the tv tuner.

mhaha

Feb 13, 2014
Personally, I detest the DOCOMOX1 branding smack right up on the front of the thing, so I waited for the international version to be released.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I can't help with your questions but dam, I'd swap out my fm radio for digital TV receiver

I'm not sure what I'd choose given glass or plastic. Before receiving the phone I would have chosen glass but after using the plastic it doesn't bother me in any way.