[Q] 4.3 unlock bootloader?

Search This thread

deezdrama

Apr 19, 2011
I made the mistake of taking the 4.3 over the air update last year.

Ive since been using the phone with a straight talk sim but would love to get rid of all the verizon bloatware and run a custom rom...

Just wondered if this is possible yet or is the bootloader still locked down tight?

iooooooc

Mar 9, 2014
I made the mistake of taking the 4.3 over the air update last year.

Ive since been using the phone with a straight talk sim but would love to get rid of all the verizon bloatware and run a custom rom...

Just wondered if this is possible yet or is the bootloader still locked down tight?

search "safestrap" and "saferoot"

mushypizza

Oct 25, 2011
you can root and use titanium to freeze apps or use safestrap to flash only MJ9 based roms over your current stock rom. I recommend n3bula if you are going to use safestrap

deezdrama

Apr 19, 2011
Its been a while since I looked into seeing if the 4.3 note 2 was yet able to be flashed with custom roms and bootloader unlocked.

Any updates?

deezdrama

Apr 19, 2011
you can root and use titanium to freeze apps or use safestrap to flash only MJ9 based roms over your current stock rom. I recommend n3bula if you are going to use safestrap

I recently rooted and flashed a 5.0 rom on a sprint s5 just to find out it wont work with straight talk, ive been running my verizon note 2 for years with a gsm sim, i had it ported to straight talks cdma lte 4g and my service is much better.

I would like to get another year or so out of the phone but its been laggy after years of use.
I could factory reset but would love to get rid of the bloatware and flash a custom rom.

Is N3bula the best bet still? Im not too picky on what rom I flash. Just want a stable one and one thats easy to flash. Ive never tried rooting or flashing a rom on this phone yet,any thing to be aware of?