swype keyboard

Search This thread

Aaryana

Aug 10, 2012
can anyone give me apk links for keyboards that comes with dsc ?

Sent from my Micromax A110Q using xda app-developers app

Strephon Alkhalikoi

Aug 3, 2010
Vulcan
Samsung Galaxy S4
Nexus 6
Officially, there aren't any such links. Before Swype started offering their keyboard for purchase in the Play Store the only way you could get it was to have a device that included one. This is because Swype's business model at the time was to produce keyboards for OEMs and not end users. The Swype keyboard included in the Dell Streak is specific for the device. Using it on a different device, or making significant changes to the ROM, e.g. from DSC to CM7, can cripple the swyping feature of the keyboard.

The keyboard in both DSC ROMs is the Swype keyboard included with the Dell Streak.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aaryana

Aaryana

Aug 10, 2012
swype app on market consumes lot of ram

Strephon Alkhalikoi

Aug 3, 2010
Vulcan
Samsung Galaxy S4
Nexus 6
Swype was bought out by Nuance a while back and I think it's been affected by feature creep, or the penchant for adding new features instead of improving existing ones. The OEM Swype keyboard in the Dell Streak should be fairly lightweight on the RAM. For a more up-to-date keyboard you might have better luck with Swiftkey.

Aaryana

Aug 10, 2012
swype which cane with steak was best for ram
all others consumes much more ram than that

Strephon Alkhalikoi

Aug 3, 2010
Vulcan
Samsung Galaxy S4
Nexus 6
Current devices have four times the available RAM of the Streak, thus the RAM consumption is a non-issue. Honestly, I never used the Swype keyboard for its Swype features, but for its key size, as the stock keyboard sucked wind in that regard. As a consequence, I didn't try other keyboards on the Streak as there was no need for me to do so. The included Swype did everything I wanted it to do.

My third-tier Chinese-manufactured tablet doesn't use Swype, but Thumb Keyboard. It works fine and can be skinned, but that tablet's Allwinner A10 processor seriously lags compared to the Streak's Snapdragon, which is why the tablet doesn't get used too much even though it has a 9.7" screen and runs Ice Cream Sandwich. If memory is a concern and you don't need or use the Swype feature, Hacker's Keyboard likely will work just as well.

Aaryana

Aug 10, 2012
my device have 1 gb of ram
but still i was trying to minimize ram ussage to make every thing smoother

Aaryana

Aug 10, 2012
i use greenify
it gives me 650+ memory everytime :D

Aaryana

Aug 10, 2012
after 650 mb rest goes for default system apps
tried my best but i can get upto 720 mb max free
that too after constantly force closing all apps

Aaryana

Aug 10, 2012
now why is that wasted part
that is used in games (san andreas)
and i have all that i need i dont think i can use more ram than this

Strephon Alkhalikoi

Aug 3, 2010
Vulcan
Samsung Galaxy S4
Nexus 6
Free RAM is wasted RAM because of how Android's memory management features function. Android will close apps as necessary, but until then it keeps apps in RAM for fast access. Task managers, contrary to belief, actually slow down performance, which is why they shouldn't be used. It takes Android longer to allocate the memory and start the app process than it does to fetch from RAM. I'm not saying you shouldn't use Greenify, as it does much more than a simple task manager, but killing apps when you have the RAM available is foolish as it negatively impacts performance.

Aaryana

Aug 10, 2012
using greenify makes everything smooth
even in fb app ur any other browser , scrolling is much smoother with greenify
it just increases app launch time a little rest every thing is great
i installed swype from streak tk my device ,it works great, but swyoe feature dosent work perfectly rest all is good

maheshmaf

Feb 22, 2013
Bangalore
OnePlus 6
Realme X

Aaryana

Aug 10, 2012
google keyboard says not available in my country

Strephon Alkhalikoi

Aug 3, 2010
Vulcan
Samsung Galaxy S4
Nexus 6
this is best

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nuance.swype.trial
if u want try paid version
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
but if you consider as per battery consumption and swype:
this is the perfect keyboard ever,

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.inputmethod.latin
You didn't even read the thread. Aaryana's issue is the new version of Swype consumes too much memory for the Streak to handle without lag which why the question of porting the pre-Nuance OEM copy to another device was asked. The Google keyboard isn't compatible with the Streak as it requires Android 4.x.

Best keyboard for the Streak is the one it came with.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Officially, there aren't any such links. Before Swype started offering their keyboard for purchase in the Play Store the only way you could get it was to have a device that included one. This is because Swype's business model at the time was to produce keyboards for OEMs and not end users. The Swype keyboard included in the Dell Streak is specific for the device. Using it on a different device, or making significant changes to the ROM, e.g. from DSC to CM7, can cripple the swyping feature of the keyboard.

The keyboard in both DSC ROMs is the Swype keyboard included with the Dell Streak.