Experience on New ROM installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Madhu.N

May 29, 2013
Bangalore
Dear XDA users,

I installed new ROM JB cm-10.2-20140101-UNOFFICIAL-cooper++.ZIP developed by Mardon. It was working cool. :good:

Before this i tried to install cm-11-20140102-UNOFFICIAL-cooper.zip experimental KITKAT ROM and it seems some bugs are there, and its not booting properly.

I am awaiting next release from Mardon to install Kitkat Rom on my device Galaxy ACE s5830.

Finally I am a new user and glad to say its my first comment on XDA forum.

Thank you,
Maddy

Dear XDA users,

I installed new ROM JB cm-10.2-20140101-UNOFFICIAL-cooper++.ZIP developed by Mardon. It was working cool. :good:

Before this i tried to install cm-11-20140102-UNOFFICIAL-cooper.zip experimental KITKAT ROM and it seems some bugs are there, and its not booting properly.

I am awaiting next release from Mardon to install Kitkat Rom on my device Galaxy ACE s5830.

Thank you,
Maddy

Hi Maddy,

To install cm-11 you must first install the latest CWM. It's called 6.0.4.6-cooper_fix.zip and you'll find a link in the forums. CM 11 will not install correctly from earlier versions of CWM.

Instructions:
Boot into Recovery
Install CWM 6.0.4.6 from zip in Recovery (current CWM)
Reboot Recovery
(in cwm enter mounts and storage menu)
Format /system
Format /cache
Install CM-11 from zip
Install Gapps 4.4.0 from zip
Reboot
Wait

There are newer nightly versions of cm-11 for cooper too they are great.

otgonz

Sep 27, 2013
It is a good practice to format SD before installing a new ROM, I had a lot of problems with FC's when testings some custom ROMS, but finally I could save my phone from dying by formatting the SD and checking for errors.

Hope this can help anybody who is in trouble with ROM installing.

Viper The Ripper

Nov 6, 2012
OnePlus 3
Samsung Galaxy A6
Dear XDA users,

Thank you,
Maddy

Welcome to XDA forums ;)

But you shouldn't create thread such as this in General section, next time post it into a General Rom Thread or in a discussion threads ;)

We all have to work together to keep the General Thread clean and ordered ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.