[APP][WIDGET][4.0+] App Eater: A highly functional uninstaller with useful widgets

Search This thread

SuffAdvApps

Jan 8, 2014
Highland, CA
Root features are now available (and more will be coming soon)!

The latest update include includes:
  • System app uninstall (root only, enable in settings)
  • Silent batch uninstall (root only, enable in settings)
  • App list now shows all installed packages (.apks) instead of just applications.
  • App list can now be sorted by system/user-installed apps.
  • Home-screen widgets now never show system apps.
  • Many bug fixes.

Hope you like it! Let me know what you think!

karanrajpal14

Feb 4, 2011
Bangalore
Little confused, so does this just uninstall applications you download, or does it also uninstall bloat without root? Or do you need root for uninstalling bloat with it? Thanks. Love to try this on my S5

If you're referring to the touchwiz bloat then you're gonna need root to remove them. Basically, yeah, it uninstalls the apps you download.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Reactions: surf1

surf1

Apr 12, 2009
south fl
If you're referring to the touchwiz bloat then you're gonna need root to remove them. Basically, yeah, it uninstalls the apps you download.

Gotcha... crap was hoping I just found the holy mecca for getting rid of bloat without root lol. Buddy told me about this app. Said he deleted bloat off his M8, maybe just meant some apps?

karanrajpal14

Feb 4, 2011
Bangalore
Gotcha... crap was hoping I just found the holy mecca for getting rid of bloat without root lol. Buddy told me about this app. Said he deleted bloat off his M8, maybe just meant some apps?

Ha ha! If that was the case people would be all over this app. You can try though. Maybe you can get rid of some of them. Not sure about it.

SuffAdvApps

Jan 8, 2014
Highland, CA
Yes, sadly App Eater can't get rid of the default bloatware. Those apps are installed in a separate directory which simply can't be accessed without root. So, it would be quite a trick to get rid of them on a non-rooted device.

The main feature you'll get with App Eater which doesn't exist in other uninstallers is the ability to remove last installed or last used apps from a widget on your home screen, which is really handy if you try out a lot of apps. Besides that, it's also quite functional as a standalone uninstaller, has a clean Holo design, and offers a lot of features for free that other apps charge for. And it's free of ads.

Hope you like it!

SuffAdvApps

Jan 8, 2014
Highland, CA
Sorry for the delayed response.

Any plans on updating the apk in the thread? I love sideloading
Sorry, it must have slipped my mind. Newest version is up now.

Useful app. Can you confirm it it also removes app data as well of the uninstalled apps? If not can you add that ability?
Yes, it removes all the data that would be removed through the regular uninstall process (by going into Settings on your device). It does not remove any temporary files in your storage created as a result of bad app design. I talked a little about this on page 2.

Reactions: kypeth

SuffAdvApps

Jan 8, 2014
Highland, CA
Just pushed another big update. Hope you like it!

• Optimized how the list of apps is created (everything should be much faster now!)
  • Added ability to sort by disabled/enabled status.
  • Added ability to disable apps (root only).
  • Added ability to clear app data and cache (root only).
  • Added menu option to view change log.
  • Made some minor optimizations and bug fixes.

kypeth

Very much like it! I saw recently the app page has included "Offers in-app purchases", is this the case? I don't see anything that even prompts for payment. Maybe consider removing this billing permissions so that instead of "Offers in-app purchases" it shows the most recent update date.

kypeth

the application still hangs during uninstallation on 5.1.1 on my Nexus 7 (2013), apps gets uninstalled but I have to force close the app to instigate this change. Selecting multiple apps for batch uninstall yields same result.

edit: batch uninstall results in only the first app in the list getting removed.
edit: disabling silent uninstall does not fix the issue either.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    App Eater: A highly functional uninstaller with incredibly useful home screen widgets

l3AUbBDGyFzxp16jNppZhpoiWRWKBBrADWWV8RPp-tnTJcbtO8qU7MDjeSxV1oEjCOk=w100

App Eater (Uninstaller) lets you remove unwanted apps right from your home screen, in addition to being a fully functional standalone uninstaller.

Using the widgets, you can uninstall the following without even entering the app:
    • Last installed app
    • Last updated app
    • Most recently used app
    Each widget shows the icon of the app you will be uninstalling as well, to make it even more intuitive. Take a look at the screenshots to see what I mean.

Additionally, App Eater is an extremely capable standalone uninstaller, with features including:
    • Easy access to last installed, last updated, and most recently used apps
    • List mode to show all apps (including non-application packages like widgets)
    • Batch uninstall
    • Silent batch uninstall (rooted devices only- this is an Android limitation)
    • Uninstall history
    • Option to show system apps
    • System app uninstall (rooted devices only- this is an Android limitation)
    • Disable apps (rooted devices only- this is an Android limitation)
    • Clear app data and cache (rooted devices only- this is an Android limitation)
    • Ability to lock apps to prevent their removal from within App Eater or the widgets
    • Sort by name, install date, update date, size, system/user installed, recently used, disabled/enabled status, and locked status
    • Reverse sort order
    • Search all apps for a specific string
    • Long press to open app, open app info, open Play Store listing, or share app
    • System storage info displayed
    • Show app version option
    • "Apps Eaten" counter to track number of uninstalls with app
    • More features coming soon!

I want App Eater to replace whatever uninstaller you are using now. Its widget functionality doesn't exist in any other app, and I intend for the standalone uninstaller to be the absolute best in the Play Store. More features are coming soon, but please let me know if you want anything in particular. Thanks, and enjoy!

Screenshots:
    NQk5BMgHamtFslaPR4Q-C1OiZcw0C6ZKEQzc74hK3eNXVkjASqlKOc9RKn3SKhr5rT4=h600

0fmnPPbTj0eJzOrEwQrQXNQYXtN9Gg8BR-uL-nEC9277NPVmH400hZ3GZRo296ILbQ=h600

3E6cJ7eEjj83XLepRdxuOLuYwcYQjlVfh7dDTEtfsljZsLkX1seOGTda2dRLvA9SB69K=h600
    PwkwZ6gnOibFIna_JhVg8YAdPh_9Kf1M3JvmDlc3ScZwPkUNchWDJd-s6RcBP2iZX7M=h600
    I've uploaded the APK for those who prefer to install manually. Thanks, and enjoy!
    I have added a first-time start-up tutorial for those who didn't quite understand certain features like app locking. Enjoy!
    I have an app that need special attention, it is picarts photo studio. I have uninstalled it (with built-in uninstaller), but it still leave garbage file in /sdcard.
    I want uninstaller app like revo uninstaller on windows pc that can search garbage/leftover files and destroy them. I think no android apps like that for now. CMIIW

I tried it out and I see what you mean now. Unfortunately, this is just bad design on the part of the makers of PicsArt. There is a way for apps to use a private file directory that will be deleted automatically when the app is uninstalled, but instead PicsArt opted to use the general sdcard storage, which is not tied to any app. For example, if an app writes to a folder called "Pictures," it's probably not a good idea to delete it when the app is uninstalled, since other apps might use the same folder. Trying to solve this problem would likely open up a whole mess of potential issues that I think the general user shouldn't have to deal with, so I don't think App Eater is the right place for it.

I found an app called SD Maid which can find folders that aren't needed anymore, but it was not able to automatically detect this one in particular. Maybe you'll find it useful, though.

The internal "data" and "cache" for the app does get cleared using App Eater, though. You can see this by checking Settings>Apps>PicsArt after reinstalling and before opening the app.
    So you want Titanium backup basically? haha
    Lol, only app freeze made sense out of all that...this thing eat apps...dont think its out to puke them right back out to be lock away in a fridge for later use

Keep your app simple dev...If i want all kind of fancy things I will go to titanium...stay unique, dont' try to be something else ....wont work out cause titanium already does those things best lol