[Q] Can't get S-OFF using Firewater Verizon HTC One M8

Search This thread

EvoEryk

Jul 10, 2014
I've been trying to get S-Off for a few hours now by following the guide from rootjunkie. The phone is rooted with weaksauce but I cannot get firewater to work. When I run it, I get past where it says the first bottle is open and chugging... then it fails. I am following the steps correctly. First adb reboot, then wait 30 sec for root to activate, then continue the process. One thing that I have noticed is that after rebooting, when I'm waiting for root to activate, the phone disconnects and reconnects from my computer prompting the what choose what to do with device screens. Is this the problem? When the phone is connected to my pc under my computer i get a folder with the internal storage and sd card storage and another one with some verizon startup files. If anyone can help I would really appreciate it, all I want is to install the GPE Rom onto the phone. Thanks.

beaups

Senior Recognized Developer
Nov 28, 2007
Dublin, OH
I've been trying to get S-Off for a few hours now by following the guide from rootjunkie. The phone is rooted with weaksauce but I cannot get firewater to work. When I run it, I get past where it says the first bottle is open and chugging... then it fails. I am following the steps correctly. First adb reboot, then wait 30 sec for root to activate, then continue the process. One thing that I have noticed is that after rebooting, when I'm waiting for root to activate, the phone disconnects and reconnects from my computer prompting the what choose what to do with device screens. Is this the problem? When the phone is connected to my pc under my computer i get a folder with the internal storage and sd card storage and another one with some verizon startup files. If anyone can help I would really appreciate it, all I want is to install the GPE Rom onto the phone. Thanks.

When you say "it fails" do you get an error or?....

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Reactions: EvoEryk

EvoEryk

Jul 10, 2014
After trying to flash it it fails and give me this error

whelp, this sucks, firewater can not work on your device
no amount of reflashing, retrying, or ruuing will fix...
DO NOT COME TO IRC ASKING FOR UPDATES OR ETAS!!!!!
if we are able to fix this issue, it will be announced
bye bye.... sorry it didn't work out.

adavit

Dec 6, 2009
Lima
I thought I had seen some people stating that there was a patch released or something that made firewater unable to be used anymore. Haven't seen any official word of this, however people have used the other method and its worked. O believe it's called sunshine or something from the same developers, however it isn't a free method. Hopefully you can get this sorted out.

beaups

Senior Recognized Developer
Nov 28, 2007
Dublin, OH

That error is pretty clear. Sunshine currently works on all m8's.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

When you say "it fails" do you get an error or?....

I thought I had seen some people stating that there was a patch released or something that made firewater unable to be used anymore. Haven't seen any official word of this, however people have used the other method and its worked. O believe it's called sunshine or something from the same developers, however it isn't a free method. Hopefully you can get this sorted out.

That error is pretty clear. Sunshine currently works on all m8's.