Jynxbox android tv just released!!!!!!!!!!

Search This thread

DLM2583

Feb 14, 2012
laval qc
So i just recieved a junxbox android tv its a small box capabale of hd video playback media streaming and playable apps . Its really pretty cool i just have run into a few issues netflix doesn`t seem to keep running unless keep the prgress bar running upder the movie....weird i know......also its a bit laggy and i think its actually built by pivos,,, the same company the makes the xios it seems to look exactly the same except its black and the interface doesn`t look the same this is running ics 4.0 just like a normal ics rom for a phone.... I`ve seen the xios running hardware acceleration im wondering if i can do the same with this if anyone has tried this please let me know..... If anyone is interested in purchaseing one to try and lives in the montreal area........i know the offical dealer here in montreal and i beleive hes the only in canada

pm me if interested thanks
new video link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGOlUHu_Jxk&feature=plcp

Last edited:

oniras

Oct 16, 2012
So i just recieved a junxbox android tv its a small box capabale of hd video playback media streaming and playable apps . Its really pretty cool i just have run into a few issues netflix doesn`t seem to keep running unless keep the prgress bar running upder the movie....weird i know......also its a bit laggy and i think its actually built by pivos,,, the same company the makes the xios it seems to look exactly the same except its black and the interface doesn`t look the same this is running ics 4.0 just like a normal ics rom for a phone.... I`ve seen the xios running hardware acceleration im wondering if i can do the same with this if anyone has tried this please let me know..... If anyone is interested in purchaseing one to try and lives in the montreal area........i know the offical dealer here in montreal and i beleive hes the only in canada

pm me if interested thanks
new video link "not quotable for me as a new user"

Thanks for the info
the product is at jynxbox.me?

Jynxbox Android HDJynxbox Android HD $99.99

Bye

phati

Mar 9, 2011
I believe this is will get anyone the best results for HD quality and live tv streaming.

Instruction to load XBMC with external MX player and updated libRTMP:

1. Install the xbmcapp-armeabi-MX-v7a-neon-27.11.2012 XBMC

2. Locate the following folder: Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata and copy the Playercorefactory.xml file to this folder ( i did this with my computer i put the SD card in my computer and put the playercorfactory.xml file in the directory stated very easy to do and it works great.)

3. Copy "librtmp.so" file to this folder: /data/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/lib (data is on the root of the jynxbox not the sd card).

All the files you need

DLM2583

Feb 14, 2012
laval qc
I believe this is will get anyone the best results for HD quality and live tv streaming.

Instruction to load XBMC with external MX player and updated libRTMP:

1. Install the xbmcapp-armeabi-MX-v7a-neon-27.11.2012 XBMC

2. Locate the following folder: Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata and copy the Playercorefactory.xml file to this folder ( i did this with my computer i put the SD card in my computer and put the playercorfactory.xml file in the directory stated very easy to do and it works great.)

3. Copy "librtmp.so" file to this folder: /data/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/lib (data is on the root of the jynxbox not the sd card).

All the files you need

just a quick question do you own the jynx box that i posted on youtube.. if so are you able to set the box to 1080p when i use it it starts to flicker so i put the quality down to 1080i and it works fine.......i havnt tried this method that u posted so i was wondering how it could improve the quality :laugh:

phati

Mar 9, 2011
Latest Jynxbox android update 20121208 & app package.
Xbmc with external player support included.

DOWNLOAD HERE: DepositFiles

Here is a link to a Linux image for any Amlogic 8726 M3. I'm about to try it on my Jynxbox. Download here

Save this file to the root of an microSD card.

unplug the jynx android.
using a paper clip press the button on the bottom of the jynx android...
while the little button is pressed plug it back in.
wait till you see a blue light to release the button... (this will boot it in upgrade mode)
press upgrade... select sdcard... select and press update.img
allow upgrade to take place you should see upgrade successful when it's done, if not you will see upgrade fail... (this could be from a bad or the wrong img file)
select reboot and allow the machine to reboot
first boot should take longer than usual (up to 15-20min)

snipes420

Jul 25, 2007
Creston
Here is a link to a Linux image for any Amlogic 8726 M3. I'm about to try it on my Jynxbox. Download here

Save this file to the root of an microSD card.

unplug the jynx android.
using a paper clip press the button on the bottom of the jynx android...
while the little button is pressed plug it back in.
wait till you see a blue light to release the button... (this will boot it in upgrade mode)
press upgrade... select sdcard... select and press update.img
allow upgrade to take place you should see upgrade successful when it's done, if not you will see upgrade fail... (this could be from a bad or the wrong img file)
select reboot and allow the machine to reboot
first boot should take longer than usual (up to 15-20min)

That sounds very interesting! Please let me know how that turns out. Does it boot to text console or xwindows?
Is it based on a distro(Debian,Ubuntu,etc) or is it a custom buildroot image?

jroddius

Jan 5, 2013
Rock Hill, SC
This sounds pretty cool I have a Roku box that I stream video off the web. I works great but if an android style player were to come out and be stable I might be pursuaded to switch. Also just letting you know that XBMC does have some pretty buggy plugins for it e.g. Hulu doesn't work for all videos in it. I know this from using it on my computer before I got my Roku. If a new interest was sparked these issues could disappear with official plugins from the video providers themselves.

snipes420

Jul 25, 2007
Creston
This sounds pretty cool I have a Roku box that I stream video off the web. I works great but if an android style player were to come out and be stable I might be pursuaded to switch. Also just letting you know that XBMC does have some pretty buggy plugins for it e.g. Hulu doesn't work for all videos in it. I know this from using it on my computer before I got my Roku. If a new interest was sparked these issues could disappear with official plugins from the video providers themselves.

This Jynxbox Android HD firmware has bugs in it that keep me from replacing my old Xbox with it full time. Its more a toy at the moment for me. Source codes would make it easier to track down and fix problems in it. (Anyone have em?)

That Linux image posted above is looking interesting. The boot splash says "XIOS DS media center" and it boots straight into XBMC for linux. (12.0-rc3 git:20130103-2318127) the jynxbox wireless internet works with this image, and the wireless remote works once you enable mouse support. USB keyboards work as well.
It connects to my samba server and plays all the videos I could try. (The jynxbox xbmc could not access my samba server and updated xbmc apks couldn't play my video files) so far its looking great.

Thanks phati for the heads up on that image. Where did you find it? Is there a public forum related to its development?

Last edited:

michi_1983

Jun 3, 2008
Vienna
hey guys,

the description of the product (http://jynxbox.me/Product.aspx) says it has adobe flash 10.x on board.
will this allow me to stream all kind of content which is displayed in a flash player within the android browser?
www.my-entertainment.biz (hd free streams) e.g.? would somebody be so kind to test that. would be awesome!

thanks so far!
greetz

Edit:// Is this thing shipped from China? How long did it take til you get yours guys?

Last edited:

reignlight

Jul 6, 2011
Google Pixel 3
OnePlus 7 Pro
I received mine sent to me from a great guy named Cody who operates http://www.boxtoptheater.com. It was shipped to me from Canada and arrived in roughly a week after stock was replenished. So far I absolutely love the device and hope that custom roms might find their way to it, besides simple updates to XBMC that it operates for the media center aspects. Since the box comes pre-rooted, it should not be too problematic I imagine. Sounds to me that several set top units use the same board chip also. Everything seems to run well except games that only run in portrait mode for obvious reasons.

Once I receive my portable hard drive for it, and have the dvr functionality running, I'll post some videos on line for others.

Sent from my LG Optimus Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

phati

Mar 9, 2011
This is a new version of the Linux image that works for Jynxbox Android HD and mini.

4Shared link

Megaload link

Here is a version of XBMC with Hardware Acceleration for the Jynxbox:

Megaload link

4shared link

DepositFiles link

Working well.

Here is the version from the Gbox modified to work on the Jynxbox. I found it on some other forums.

Deposit files link

Megaload link

4shared Link

Please discuss any issues with the first version.

This is a patch update file for the Jynxbox Android HD that will allow Netflix to works. Its not working full screen but at least you get to watch it.

Megaload link
4Shared link

When you run upgrade->local update, it will not list below files on Jynxbox Android HD box automatically, please press menu button on remote controls 8 times for it to show up.

I haven't tested it on the mini yet. But I assume it will works because both devices are the same build.

This is for Hulu Plus the Landscape version: LandscapeModHuluPlus.apk

Last edited: