[Q] Loosing root with 4.3

Search This thread

vafangool

Feb 25, 2014
Hey guys I have the sch-i545 on verizon running 4.2.2 with base ME7, I have been postponing the update, if I take it I know I will loose root but can I just root it again with safe root? And will I also be able to load safe strap? I know the bootloader is locked but I would like to try some of the custom roms for the me7 . I also saw a thread that said updating from me7 to MJ7 what would be the significance of that? Thanks guys..

hexitnow

Jun 19, 2013
Idaho
Hey guys I have the sch-i545 on verizon running 4.2.2 with base ME7, I have been postponing the update, if I take it I know I will loose root but can I just root it again with safe root? And will I also be able to load safe strap? I know the bootloader is locked but I would like to try some of the custom roms for the me7 . I also saw a thread that said updating from me7 to MJ7 what would be the significance of that? Thanks guys..

Me7 was still 4.2 while mk2/mj7 are both 4.3. Yep you just reroot using saferoot it's very easy to use. I'm on mk2 rooted myself. Safestrap I's also compatible with it but you'll want to read into those threads some more

Nvidia Shield Root and More
Doing a little bit of reading goes a long way.

decaturbob

Mar 30, 2011
Decatur

takes a few minutes find some helpful threads...
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2606501
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2579278

Reactions: Mistertac

vafangool

Feb 25, 2014
Me7 was still 4.2 while mk2/mj7 are both 4.3. Yep you just reroot using saferoot it's very easy to use. I'm on mk2 rooted myself. Safestrap I's also compatible with it but you'll want to read into those threads some more

Nvidia Shield Root and More
Doing a little bit of reading goes a long way.

Ok so I will just take the update and than re root it. It read that safe strap is compatible with me7 with a few custom roms. Thanks for the help

vafangool

Feb 25, 2014

Hey decaturbob thanks for the reply I was actually all over those 2 threads, there was some great info in the one you had posted, I just wasn't understanding about the post to update from me7 to mj7 but as I read it again for the 3rd time I realized it was to get hyperdrive, It's just I'm new to this and I have been reading all these threads like crazy and have learned a lot these last few days. So my plan is to just take the 4.3 update, root again using safe root, install safe strap v3.65 I believe is the one I need for me7 but I'll double check, and then there was that thread on some of the custom roms that were usable with safe strap. Thanks again for the help guys

Top Liked Posts