[Q] Photosphere Camera black screen

Search This thread

tdiltdil27

Mar 18, 2014
After using CyanogenMod versions 9 through 10.2 I made the decision to switch to SlimRom and I am now running SlimKat 4.4.2 Build 4.1. During my entire time with CM, I had an easy time working with ported photosphere enabled camera apk's. However, upon the move to SlimRom, more specifically, the update to KitKat, the photosphere mode of the camera apk I had been using for several months was not working. Although I could take pictures with every other mode of the camera, whenever I switched to photosphere mode, the viewing screen would turn black, with all the rest of the UI working as normal. When I go to move it around, I can still see the dots for lining up the first photo, but it won't even let me take photos with this blacked out screen. I've attached a photo of the app in photosphere mode for better clarification, and I'd really appreciate if someone could help me out here.
Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-04-18-10-22-58.png
    Screenshot_2014-04-18-10-22-58.png
    195.2 KB · Views: 39

Perseus

Retired Senior Moderator / Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2011
Atlantis
I have Slimkat as well. I do know the included Camera does not have Photosphere. If you are using a different app then please post a link so I can give it a whirl and post my findings.

tdiltdil27

Mar 18, 2014
Weird...that was the one that started me on my search for new photosphere apks...

I tried installing the GE one and saw your edit, tried that one again, without luck on either of them so I tried another full wipe, updated to that latest weekly and after a few reboots and system app changes, the GE one appears to work for me. No black screen, the images stitch well and I can view them afterwards, seems like its back to my expectations. Thank you very much.

Perseus

Retired Senior Moderator / Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2011
Atlantis
Glad its working for you. Please see the note on Slim Rom's home page. Google has release a new Camera app. That's working wonders for me.

snak1e

Apr 7, 2011
After using CyanogenMod versions 9 through 10.2 I made the decision to switch to SlimRom and I am now running SlimKat 4.4.2 Build 4.1. During my entire time with CM, I had an easy time working with ported photosphere enabled camera apk's. However, upon the move to SlimRom, more specifically, the update to KitKat, the photosphere mode of the camera apk I had been using for several months was not working. Although I could take pictures with every other mode of the camera, whenever I switched to photosphere mode, the viewing screen would turn black, with all the rest of the UI working as normal. When I go to move it around, I can still see the dots for lining up the first photo, but it won't even let me take photos with this blacked out screen. I've attached a photo of the app in photosphere mode for better clarification, and I'd really appreciate if someone could help me out here.
Thanks in advance!

I'm running into this exact same issue on the 2014-04-23-d2lte LiquidSmooth nightly using the new Google Camera. I clean flashed that and installed PA GApps Full + Keyboard. I wasn't running into this issue on PacMan Rom though, so I'm not sure what the issue is.

Top Liked Posts