AOSP SMS on Sense

Search This thread

johnnyutah22

Jul 17, 2011
Tennessee
Is it possible to push the aosp mms.apk to system, fix permissions, and then delete the Sense messaging apk. I won't to replace the Sense sms with aosp, which I have from the play edition roms. This was possible on my old Galaxy S3. Anybody know?

johnnyutah22

Jul 17, 2011
Tennessee
I can confirm this is possible. I pulled the aosp messaging apk which is named Mms.apk out of a GPE rom. The apk is located in system/priv-app/. I copied the stock messaging app and placed it on my external card as a backup. I then deleted the stock messaging app which is found in system/priv-app. I ut the aosp in that directory and changed permissions to Owner - R/W, Group - R, Others - R, and then installed it.

xxhorseriderxxx

May 15, 2011
Phoenix
I can confirm this is possible. I pulled the aosp messaging apk which is named Mms.apk out of a GPE rom. The apk is located in system/priv-app/. I copied the stock messaging app and placed it on my external card as a backup. I then deleted the stock messaging app which is found in system/priv-app. I ut the aosp in that directory and changed permissions to Owner - R/W, Group - R, Others - R, and then installed it.

Kitkat has a built in feature to allow you to set a default messaging app just like you can set a default launcher. You can just install the AOSP messaging app and set it as default.

Reactions: johnnyutah22

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Kitkat has a built in feature to allow you to set a default messaging app just like you can set a default launcher. You can just install the AOSP messaging app and set it as default.