[Q] TA and DRM keys ? Am I ready to Root ?

Search This thread

futiless

Apr 4, 2012
Surrey
Xiaomi 12T Pro
Quick questions and no they haven't been answered directly the way I am asking them :

1) If I wish to later do warranty repair and I currently have a locked boot-loader is backing up the TA going to give me a 1:1 undetectable root and later unroot if I choose. (i mean all my gracenote, bravia, and other DRM's be returnable to stock condition)? (if so which method is the BEST.. ? seen a couple now)

2) My stock firmware doesn't seem to be on the FTF list is this possible I have a : c6906 C6906 14.3.A.0.757 Generic CA R10 ??? This one is on the list I don't think so ? Perhaps I am reading the string from the wrong spot.. ! In which case anyone know what to do to make a backup ?

3)Everyone hates this question but I have to ask does anyone here know of a way to unlock a locked bootloader :YES flagged device; I feel like a dink asking but after sifting through hundreds of posts there seems to be contradiction as in some people eventually figure it out and/or have unlocked z1's which I have read elsewhere that every single z1 comes from factory with bootloader locked yes?

Answer one of these questions for me make my day and you will have my many thanks to come :)

eclyptos

Jun 14, 2008
Planet Earth
Quick questions and no they haven't been answered directly the way I am asking them :

1) Why Unlock Bootloader for Root if you can get Root on Locked Bootloader? First get Root on Locked Bootloader then Backup TA and do whatever you want. Best way is with the application to Backup TA, with that one you can Unlock and Relock, as you already had read 100 post then you know which method you have use to backup TA, right? (no? then search again) BTW, Yes, after Relock bootloader with the Backup of your TA your phone will be stock like new.

2) Perhaps you should understand that it do not matter, download any Generic CA or International CA for your specific model C6906. Done.

3)What that even supposed to mean? Type *#*#7378423#*#* and go to Configuration, if there is Bootloader Unlock Allowed: Yes, then you can unlock it, if there is NO, then is no way to Unlock it. To unlock it there is only ONE WAY, google it.

Last edited:

301stSpartan

Apr 15, 2012
Chicago, IL

1) If I wish to later do warranty repair and I currently have a locked boot-loader is backing up the TA going to give me a 1:1 undetectable root and later unroot if I choose. (i mean all my gracenote, bravia, and other DRM's be returnable to stock condition)? (if so which method is the BEST.. ? seen a couple now)

2) My stock firmware doesn't seem to be on the FTF list is this possible I have a : c6906 C6906 14.3.A.0.757 Generic CA R10 ??? This one is on the list I don't think so ? Perhaps I am reading the string from the wrong spot.. ! In which case anyone know what to do to make a backup ?

3)Everyone hates this question but I have to ask does anyone here know of a way to unlock a locked bootloader :YES flagged device; I feel like a dink asking but after sifting through hundreds of posts there seems to be contradiction as in some people eventually figure it out and/or have unlocked z1's which I have read elsewhere that every single z1 comes from factory with bootloader locked yes?

Answer one of these questions for me make my day and you will have my many thanks to come :)

1) I think you may be confusing root and unlocking the bootloader. TA partition backups are for re-locking the bootloader, not removing root. In fact you must be rooted in order to make or restore a TA backup. Generally only an unlocked bootloader voids warranty, not root. Though if you're worried about it, you can always flash a stock FTF and you will be back to stock without root.

For TA backup there's a Windows app that will do it, just Google it. Works great

2) Your firmware is there. Google "c6906 14.3.a.0.757" and it's the first link

3) As @eclyptos said, if your service menu says unlock is allowed, then you can. If it says unlock is not allowed then you can't and I'd say there's a 99% chance you will never be able to.

Sent from my Xperia Z1 using Tapatalk

futiless

Apr 4, 2012
Surrey
Xiaomi 12T Pro
almost fully clear on this but still curious how my device is R10 which I don't see on the 6906 list.. I see r4 and so on.

I have read on a website that unlike z1s and other z devices every single z1 comes from factory locked. If so then how come some people have proclaimed the unlock success? Maybe that was just misinformation?

Thanks again will properly thank everyone later at home currently using the app

Sent from my C6906 using XDA Free mobile app

eclyptos

Jun 14, 2008
Planet Earth
almost fully clear on this but still curious how my device is R10 which I don't see on the 6906 list.. I see r4 and so on.

It's just a customization which you will never even to notice.

I have read on a website that unlike z1s and other z devices every single z1 comes from factory locked. If so then how come some people have proclaimed the unlock success? Maybe that was just misinformation?

Yes, it's your misinformation. All of them have Bootloader Locked from day 1, Z1S is Locked Permanently and Unlockable, Z1 is Locked but can be Unlocked from the Official Sony Web Page, just google it.

Yes, thanx a lot.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

1) I think you may be confusing root and unlocking the bootloader. TA partition backups are for re-locking the bootloader, not removing root. In fact you must be rooted in order to make or restore a TA backup. Generally only an unlocked bootloader voids warranty, not root. Though if you're worried about it, you can always flash a stock FTF and you will be back to stock without root.

For TA backup there's a Windows app that will do it, just Google it. Works great

2) Your firmware is there. Google "c6906 14.3.a.0.757" and it's the first link

3) As @eclyptos said, if your service menu says unlock is allowed, then you can. If it says unlock is not allowed then you can't and I'd say there's a 99% chance you will never be able to.

Sent from my Xperia Z1 using Tapatalk

1) Why Unlock Bootloader for Root if you can get Root on Locked Bootloader? First get Root on Locked Bootloader then Backup TA and do whatever you want. Best way is with the application to Backup TA, with that one you can Unlock and Relock, as you already had read 100 post then you know which method you have use to backup TA, right? (no? then search again) BTW, Yes, after Relock bootloader with the Backup of your TA your phone will be stock like new.

2) Perhaps you should understand that it do not matter, download any Generic CA or International CA for your specific model C6906. Done.

3)What that even supposed to mean? Type *#*#7378423#*#* and go to Configuration, if there is Bootloader Unlock Allowed: Yes, then you can unlock it, if there is NO, then is no way to Unlock it. To unlock it there is only ONE WAY, google it.

It's just a customization which you will never even to notice.

Yes, it's your misinformation. All of them have Bootloader Locked from day 1, Z1S is Locked Permanently and Unlockable, Z1 is Locked but can be Unlocked from the Official Sony Web Page, just google it.

Yes, thanx a lot.