oneplus one touch screen problem?

Search This thread

sjhotwings

Feb 21, 2012
touch screen sensitivity is so low, sometime it gets stuck when typing or just miss a few keys and very very annoying. is there a way to fix this ATM ? i'm not sure its software problem or my phone is defected. i flashed like 5 6 roms already but the problem still there, change to another keyboard and samething . any help ?

Reactions: i2k13

ky3bmu4

Aug 31, 2010
touch screen sensitivity is so low, sometime it gets stuck when typing or just miss a few keys and very very annoying. is there a way to fix this ATM ? i'm not sure its software problem or my phone is defected. i flashed like 5 6 roms already but the problem still there, change to another keyboard and samething . any help ?

I feel your pain. My situation is absolutely the same. I beleive it could have started after I used the chinese car charger and power bank on vacation. Did you use something like that?

DuckMcQUack

Jul 1, 2013
Rome

The problem is in the touchscreen firmware and the fix have to be released from synaptics and not frome Oneplus.

The fact is that it may take a few or a long time based on the issue and it may be enven never be fixed, who knows.

As now i am really disappointed. They should have never release da device knowing of such a major bug.

sjhotwings

Feb 21, 2012
I feel your pain. My situation is absolutely the same. I beleive it could have started after I used the chinese car charger and power bank on vacation. Did you use something like that?

No, nothing related to the charger tho haha. the problem started as soon as i turn on the phone for the first time and it went crazy like that since then. i flashed almost every rom on here still no good. i flashed fusionjack slimsaber rom earlier and it really improved alot . you might want to check that rom out.i'm gonna stick w/ slimsaber for a while now i guess

ky3bmu4

Aug 31, 2010
No, nothing related to the charger tho haha. the problem started as soon as i turn on the phone for the first time and it went crazy like that since then. i flashed almost every rom on here still no good. i flashed fusionjack slimsaber rom earlier and it really improved alot . you might want to check that rom out.i'm gonna stick w/ slimsaber for a while now i guess

Thx for the advice. For me the issue seems to be solved randomly when I restored the 33R in Twrp. However some other problems remain: like not getting back to the mobile Internet after leaving the wifi area or loseing the network at all ( curable by switching on and off the airplane mode or rebooting respectively).

My phone is cursed really xD

sjhotwings

Feb 21, 2012
Thx for the advice. For me the issue seems to be solved randomly when I restored the 33R in Twrp. However some other problems remain: like not getting back to the mobile Internet after leaving the wifi area or loseing the network at all ( curable by switching on and off the airplane mode or rebooting respectively).

My phone is cursed really xD

try slimsaber , it worked very good for me . and hope it work for you too :)

lugose

Jan 10, 2010
Fort Worth
try slimsaber , it worked very good for me . and hope it work for you too :)

I'm not sure if this is the same issue, but when you run a touch screen test, does it work with more than one touch? IE is multitouch working? I had an issue the other day and I resolved it by turning off the phone, attaching it to the charger and then turning it back on (read it on the oneplus forum). It is a known issue and they are working on bringing us the fix.

Hope this is helpful.

webvictim

Feb 22, 2010
San Jose, CA
I have this issue too, although it's been mitigated somewhat by the most recent software patches they pushed in 30O and 33R. I'm on a CM nightly at the moment and it's certainly usable. I made the issue a lot better by disabling haptic feedback in the SwiftKey settings - it almost feels like that extra effort to run the vibrating motor causes the screen to respond badly or something.

You_got_owned123

Feb 7, 2012
Tacoma
Some-not me, have been able to mitigate the problem by running a code through terminal emulator.
This has been brought up in CM bug log as Bacon 55.
You don't have to be rooted to do this.
Type: su (if you're rooted)
Type: cat /sys/class/input/input0/baseline_test
Press enter.
Note that you will need to do this every time you reboot your phone.
Credits to a member on jira cm. Forgot to name! Hope it works for you :)

Reactions: SleemLDJ

DuckMcQUack

Jul 1, 2013
Rome
I've tried everything and everything failed.

Let's hope synaptics pushes out a fix soon. I can't stand this issue. Basically two different touches near each other are recognized as a swype -_-'

sjhotwings

Feb 21, 2012
i did a test using multitouch test app. i use 1 finger touch on the phone and got a red dot, finger #2 gave me a blue dot . as soon as my 2 fingers get close together 1 of the dot disappear, also test w/ 4 5 fingers same result .thats why if you text really fast , you get alot of missing words and sometime it lag and get stuck.

DuckMcQUack

Jul 1, 2013
Rome
I think that until this gets fixed the phone will be not ready to be sold,too...

Sent from my Oneplus One

alhadee12

Sep 3, 2013
I think that until this gets fixed the phone will be not ready to be sold,too...

Sent from my Oneplus One

Is this phone worth purchasing since customer service is not readily available. I'm not sure if I want to spend my money and not be able to get quality customer service. What are your thoughts?

DuckMcQUack

Jul 1, 2013
Rome
Is this phone worth purchasing since customer service is not readily available. I'm not sure if I want to spend my money and not be able to get quality customer service. What are your thoughts?

As long as the touchscreen issue is not fixed the phone has to be considered to be bugged and faulty. I would not spend my money on a defective phone at a very few weeks from N6 release that will be a superior terminal by far.

Even if it gets fixed it will be not worthy the same as N& is near to come anyways.

I wish i didn't buy mine.

Reactions: alhadee12

alhadee12

Sep 3, 2013
As long as the touchscreen issue is not fixed the phone has to be considered to be bugged and faulty. I would not spend my money on a defective phone at a very few weeks from N6 release that will be a superior terminal by far.

Even if it gets fixed it will be not worthy the same as N& is near to come anyways.

Thanks, I started becoming more concerned because users have been paying long wait times for service and possibly having to ship back to China at the customers cost. That's a bad deal.

DuckMcQUack

Jul 1, 2013
Rome
Thanks, I started becoming more concerned because users have been paying long wait times for service and possibly having to ship back to China at the customers cost. That's a bad deal.

Definitely. I would stay away from this thing.

And by the way who knows if the ghost touches/swypes problem is not even a software issue just as the multitouch not working when placing the phone on a non-conductive surface...

:eek:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Some-not me, have been able to mitigate the problem by running a code through terminal emulator.
    This has been brought up in CM bug log as Bacon 55.
    You don't have to be rooted to do this.
    Type: su (if you're rooted)
    Type: cat /sys/class/input/input0/baseline_test
    Press enter.
    Note that you will need to do this every time you reboot your phone.
    Credits to a member on jira cm. Forgot to name! Hope it works for you :)

I just saw a YouTube video about some touchscreen issues. If sounds like some people are accepting the problems because of the cost.

I am very peeky about the things i have and the cost is not justifying these things, IMHO.

However people can do whatever they want with their own dough ;)