[TOOL]::DARKSIDE::SUPER::WIPE::[SKYROCKET][ext4][2.8.2012]

Search This thread

skrambled

Mar 2, 2011
New Hampshire
Thank you so much for this!!! I just tried it and it worked great.

I think this will save people a lot of trouble since cwm hasn't been doing a proper job of wiping data.

mcmasterp

Dec 8, 2006
I wish we could isolate a check for the underlying issue. If someone knowledgeable could put together an app that checks to see if your rom is properly installed (check a specific notorious FC maybe) we would all owe them a great deal for the peace of mind.

Reactions: onearmedscissor

bacheezy

Dec 17, 2010
Lake Jackson
I think its more of a "leftover" data thing with cwm only wipe. Yes u could get a 'bad flash', but it doesn't happen often. (In my experience)

Check md5 when possible before flash.

Sent from my Skyrocket using XDA App

CZ Eddie

Sep 27, 2011
Austin, TX
Ruh roh, some new problem for me.

1) I formatted the internal SD in Win7 with 64kb allocation size instead of the normal 32kb.

2) Installed CM7 and didn't like it.

3) Used darkside ROM cleaner for the first time ever and some kernel cleaner.

4) Installed CocaCola ROM and installed a few apps, rebooted a few times. Left it alone for 30 minutes and came back to this error on it:

"system uids inconsistent" and then got multiple force closures.

:eek:

Have since formatted everything manually and installed a new ROM which is going great after twelve hours.

icenight89

Dec 18, 2010
As stated in the description, yes it will. But just for your peace of mind I'll let you know that I'm with Rogers and I've used this script successfully, several times ;-)

Reactions: ckck543

icenight89

Dec 18, 2010
Yup, this has definately helped clear up several flash problems I have experienced across multiple phones. A must have

jnicks510

Mar 3, 2011
Thanks OP for making this for us, but I would like to see more reviews from other users. Just want to be safe :)

ckck543

Dec 22, 2011
London
I use this thing everytime I flash a new rom. before i used this i would get the occasional fc out of an app but since i started using this not a single fc :D btw i do have ORD so thats saying something ! THANK YOU

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    *WARNING! I Am Not Responsible For Anything That Happens To Your Device*

** PLEASE BE AWARE! THIS SCRIPT IS FOR "T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S II" WILL ALSO WORK ON "AT&T Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket" ONLY! IF YOU FLASH THIS ON ANY OTHER DEVICE YOU MIGHT HAVE A VERY EXPENSIVE PAPER WEIGHT! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED! PLEASE CONTACT ME FIRST IF ANY OTHER QUESTIONS **​

:: DARKSIDE.SUPER.WIPE ::

..A DARKSIDE DEVELOPMENT..

My Original thread is found [HERE]

This is a small script i threw together a while back. I have incorporated in many of my ROMS, usually runs with a installation flag '-wipe'. The script does exactly as the title explains. It is SUPER.WIPE that does the most thorough wipe possible. This exceeds anything that CWM is capable of from the menu options. This will format and erase EVERYTHING on your /system, /data, /cache partions with EXT4 file system. It WILL NOT wipe SD CARD or EMMC... After it is complete with format and earse, it will align all disks partitions properly. This is a great tool to flash right before installing any new ROM on your device. No need to worry if you have wiped properly. Let the script do it for you! ENJOY! :D

Instructions on using DARKSIDE.SUPER.WIPE:

* WILL NOT WIPE SD CARD OR EMMC *

IMMEDIATELY BEFORE FLASHING ROM OF YOU CHOICE, DO THE FOLLOWING...

1. Place on ROOT of your SD card.
    2. Boot into Recovery Mode
    3. Do a NAND BACKUP!!!
    4. Flash DARKSIDE.SUPER.WIPE
    5. Stay inside recovery
    6. Flash desired ROM.
    7. After flashing is complete, Reboot...
    8. Done!

[DOWNLOAD HERE] [DARKSIDE.SUPER.WIPE 2.8.2012]
    md5 : ac3b9c04ad4d8b80b49048c29dab271c
    ** PLEASE respect my work and ask my permission before posting mirrors or using any parts **

you underestimate the power of the DARKSIDE
    Yes, dew then installed Sean's latest from and then all the problems described before started to happen...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium

Sometimes it doesn't work too well for ics. I always dsw, then manually wipe and format after multiple times. That always does the trick.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    for more???? probably not!
    "and will align disk properly after formatting partitions"

For my own curiosity, why is this important after wiping?

If the partition alignment for is "xx" bytes off. It will cause major performance issues. Etc...
    blessedswine said:
    Works great been using other version a while im guessing they are the same or close to? i think the one im using is from Tmobile? either way thanks again.

Yeah the same..

Sent from the .:: DARKSIDE ::.