KFSOWI Stock Files

Search This thread

kyleberry.graphics

Sep 1, 2012
Broken Arrow
www.facebook.com
Is there any place to download stock files from the kindle SOHO? It seems like there should be a repository for common files between devices. for instance i really need DownloadProvider.apk, but cant seem to find it anywhere. Can anyone help me out? i will be uploading all of my common system files for download for others unless something like that already exists and i couldnt find it.

Gilly10

Sep 22, 2012
Is there any place to download stock files from the kindle SOHO? It seems like there should be a repository for common files between devices. for instance i really need DownloadProvider.apk, but cant seem to find it anywhere. Can anyone help me out? i will be uploading all of my common system files for download for others unless something like that already exists and i couldnt find it.

That's the new Kindle Fire HD 2013 right?

If so as with most if not all Kindle Fire's you can download the .bin update file relevant to your device & extract it with 7-Zip etc. to get any file you need.

This is the latest software update .bin file for the KFHD 2013:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/kindle-fire-updates/update-kindle-11.3.1.0_user_310084920.bin

It is a 700MB+ download so not ideal if your just looking for one file etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: kyleberry.graphics

wormy987123

Jun 19, 2012
Is it possible to fix a bricked Kindle with the update?

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

wormy987123

Jun 19, 2012
I called tech support and getting a new one sent out. I did not want to because it was my fault it was bricked not Amazons but it's my daughters Kindle and I wanted her to have it again

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Ph0enix_216

If you know what files are the problem and can get abd access, you could push stock copies of those files to the device and possibly get it to loadup

Sent from my KFSOWI using xda app-developers app

The problem is, there are no stock files for the 2013 Fire HD out there... unless I'm mistaken?

>>>Sent from my laptop running Windroy<<<

Ph0enix_216

Just realized that is this thread haha, see the second post for link to .bin

Yep, downloading the .bin file and renaming it to "whateverthenameis.zip" is handy for getting files you need. You can also pre-root the ROM and flash it, once there's an unlocked boot loader and custom recovery.

kyleberry.graphics

Sep 1, 2012
Broken Arrow
www.facebook.com
I was trying to get a working play store on my kfsowi with a modified download provider, but my kindle lost download capability all around. I just pushed the stock apks and saved waiting for a boot loader exploit thankfully

davethebrave14

Feb 13, 2014
I was trying to get a working play store on my kfsowi with a modified download provider, but my kindle lost download capability all around. I just pushed the stock apks and saved waiting for a boot loader exploit thankfully

So i bricked my KFHD 2013 model and its stuck at the boot logo, is it possible to send the system files to the kindle and get it up and running again? i have a factory cable and i can get it in fastboot mode. please help really lost
thanks

kyleberry.graphics

Sep 1, 2012
Broken Arrow
www.facebook.com
So i bricked my KFHD 2013 model and its stuck at the boot logo, is it possible to send the system files to the kindle and get it up and running again? i have a factory cable and i can get it in fastboot mode. please help really lost
thanks

fastboot wont do you any good at this point.
i was able to get mine operating again with the same problem. You have to have root and adb access though

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

That's the new Kindle Fire HD 2013 right?

If so as with most if not all Kindle Fire's you can download the .bin update file relevant to your device & extract it with 7-Zip etc. to get any file you need.

This is the latest software update .bin file for the KFHD 2013:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/kindle-fire-updates/update-kindle-11.3.1.0_user_310084920.bin

It is a 700MB+ download so not ideal if your just looking for one file etc.