Backup & Restore App

Search This thread

xplod2841

Sep 22, 2012
www.buzzthisnow.com
I never done a full wipe since I bought my Z1 and after all that upgrades, I started experiencing lower battery lastings, and sometimes the phone doesn't work well so I decided to do a full wipe but I want to backup all my data, including app data, apps, messages, contacts etc. The biggest problem is with app data, since I used Titanium Backup on my old phone but my Z1 is not rooted.

I saw that there is an Backup & Restore app on my Z1, and it looks great. But my question is: does it really backup app data (game progress, app settings, equalizer presets in power amp etc etc) ? And I have another problem: I startet backup with that app but it's stuck for already 15 minutes on 36% GTA: SA Remaining time: 52 seconds. Why it's stuck?

henson0115

Jan 18, 2010
I never done a full wipe since I bought my Z1 and after all that upgrades, I started experiencing lower battery lastings, and sometimes the phone doesn't work well so I decided to do a full wipe but I want to backup all my data, including app data, apps, messages, contacts etc. The biggest problem is with app data, since I used Titanium Backup on my old phone but my Z1 is not rooted.

I saw that there is an Backup & Restore app on my Z1, and it looks great. But my question is: does it really backup app data (game progress, app settings, equalizer presets in power amp etc etc) ? And I have another problem: I startet backup with that app but it's stuck for already 15 minutes on 36% GTA: SA Remaining time: 52 seconds. Why it's stuck?

yes it works really well and backups app data no problem, i have used it about 6 times and its saved my bacon :). don't worry about it being stuck, if you have a lot of apps, it will take a long time. if it fails just restart and do it again. also don't use the apps whilst its backing up.

Reactions: xplod2841

xplod2841

Sep 22, 2012
www.buzzthisnow.com
yes it works really well and backups app data no problem, i have used it about 6 times and its saved my bacon :). don't worry about it being stuck, if you have a lot of apps, it will take a long time. if it fails just restart and do it again. also don't use the apps whilst its backing up.

I decided to cancel it but it didn't want to cancel so I had to force stop it. Now I'm thinking about another thing: does it backup the app itself too? Because it was stuck on GTA: SA which has a few GB. And this would be a problem because I don't have that much space on my SD card. But before starting, it said that there is around 300 MB for backup.

henson0115

Jan 18, 2010
I decided to cancel it but it didn't want to cancel so I had to force stop it. Now I'm thinking about another thing: does it backup the app itself too? Because it was stuck on GTA: SA which has a few GB. And this would be a problem because I don't have that much space on my SD card. But before starting, it said that there is around 300 MB for backup.

yea it does the apps and data, but you can click the little arrow and deselect apps that you do not want to include.

xplod2841

Sep 22, 2012
www.buzzthisnow.com
yea it does the apps and data, but you can click the little arrow and deselect apps that you do not want to include.

This is not really good. I want to backup my progress on that game but not the game itself since I don't have that much space on my SD card. But I think that GTA San Andreas can store progress in their cloud so I will try with this instead of backup the whole app with data.

eirikgu

Feb 23, 2011
This is not really good. I want to backup my progress on that game but not the game itself since I don't have that much space on my SD card. But I think that GTA San Andreas can store progress in their cloud so I will try with this instead of backup the whole app with data.

Try Helium. If you just want data, it does that for you :)

xplod2841

Sep 22, 2012
www.buzzthisnow.com
Try Helium. If you just want data, it does that for you :)

I saw Helium but I don't want those complicated things with PC, I want to be able to do everything with just one click from my phone. I reseted my phone and restored backup but half of apps are not there !?? Do I have to install those apps before proceding with restore? Some of apps are there and their data is there but for example PowerAmp and Dolphin Browser are not there.

EDIT: I figured out where is the problem: I backed up the settings as well and while restoring, when it reachs the Settings, the phone reboots. So it restored only 2-3 apps before settings. Since this retarded app doesn't offer to check what I want to restore, I tried to manually delete the Settings app from the backup folder on my sd card but it didn't help.

How to fix this !??? I can't afford myself to lose contacts, messages and app data!

EDIT: I managed to remove Settings from Restore list by editing the a file where restore list is stored in XML format.

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2011
Restore apps

So I have the backup from the Sony app on my PC and there is a file for every app. I assume this file includes the APK as well as the settings.
Does anyone know this format? Is there any way to restore a single app to another phone? I assumed I could restore my backup to a Z3 Compact, but it seems not to work with the Sony Backup & Restore preinstalled on the Z3 Compact :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.