[Q] Buying an M7: Issues to look for?

Search This thread
Jun 9, 2014
Hi all,

Ive been a Lurker here on the forum for some time now, but decided to join cause im hoping to join the android Major leagues with an M7.

Ive loved the phone ever since i 1st saw it, but ive only gotten around to actually buying one "ONE" (excuse the pun) only now, & ive been revisiting the forum & reading up on the phone.

seems like it does have some issues with the camera though,

so far, thanks to the forum i know to look for the phone build date & the camera sensor info via a root explorer. what ive read so far indicates

1. build dates after 2013-Sep should be in the clear

• sensors ->> VD6869 = BAD! , OV4688 = OK , SHARP = BEST . "Browse to "/sys/android_camera/sensor" and open the file with a document viewer."

• best way to test the sensor is to place a hot phone face down & check the camera for pink/purple tinting

• Green tinting is a software issue & fixable

Please correct/add-on any newer info or opinions with regards to the above. aside from these. is there anything else i should be looking for? or even any other noteable issues on the phone? i think i read something about the HDR mics biend excluded from later batches but havent got around to researching that yet.

EDIT: whats the general consensus on when the the HDR mics were swapped out? Is there a way to determine which mic you have?

Thanks !:good:

Last edited:
Reactions: dbaler

dbaler

Jul 5, 2012
Calgary
Hi all,

Ive been a Lurker here on the forum for some time now, but decided to join cause im hoping to join the android Major leagues with an M7.

Ive loved the phone ever since i 1st saw it, but ive only gotten around to actually buying one "ONE" (excuse the pun) only now, & ive been revisiting the forum & reading up on the phone.

so far, thanks to the forum i know to look for the phone build date & the camera sensor info via a root explorer. what ive read so far indicates

1. sensors, VD6869 = BAD! , OV4688 = OK , SHARP = BEST

1. best way to test the sensor is to place a hot phone face down & check the camera for pink/purple tinting

1. Green tinting is a software issue & fixable

Please correct/add-on any newer info or opinions with regards to the above. aside from these. is there anything else i should be looking for? or even any other noteable issues on the phone? i think i read something about the HDR mics biend excluded from later batches but havent got around to researching that yet.

How do I find the serials for the camera?

fenstre

Jan 9, 2012
"Browse to "/sys/android_camera/sensor" and open the file with a document viewer."
I have no way of confirming this though as i havent bought the phone yet
I just tested and this works. FYI, my sensor was replaced through warranty, and the new one is "ov". I think in my country, all the replacement chips are ov.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all,

• sensors ->> VD6869 = BAD! , OV4688 = OK , SHARP = BEST . "Browse to "/sys/android_camera/sensor" and open the file with a document viewer."

• best way to test the sensor is to place a hot phone face down & check the camera for pink/purple tinting

• Green tinting is a software issue & fixable

EDIT: whats the general consensus on when the the HDR mics were swapped out? Is there a way to determine which mic you have?

How do I find the serials for the camera?

im copying a reply i got from the thread "HTC One camera purple tint possible fix
    ", which says ->> "Browse to "/sys/android_camera/sensor" and open the file with a document viewer."

I have no way of confirming this though as i havent bought the phone yet