{Mod }Display, gestures & buttons *updated 2.16.13* for 2.04.605.2 710RD

Search This thread

.torrented

Mar 7, 2011
www.cyanfox-rom.com
Can someone running Stock Sense 5 4.2.2 WHO DOES NOT ALREADY HAVE THIS please test this out and tell me if it give you the "Display, Gestures, and Buttons"

Code:
 if (j == 0x7f08029c)
                {
                    boolean flag2 = HtcDisplayFeatureFlags.supportGestures();
                    boolean flag3 = HtcDisplayFeatureFlags.supportRecentAppsButton(context);
                    if (flag2)
                        htcwrapheader.info.titleRes = 0x7f0b0116;
                    if (flag3)
                    if (flag2 && flag3)
                    continue;
                }

0x7f08029c is "display_settings"
those are the flags and I just changed them to all be the same thing which is the "htc_display_and_gestures_and_buttons_settings" = 0x7f0b0116

I found this in "HtcEntryProxy.smali" and HtcEntrySource.smali" and a few other places thanks to VTS's search all files in project feature :)

I am currently using this modified settings.apk and nothing seems borked and I still have menu button functionality

Attachments

• Settings.zip
    6.9 MB · Views: 5
Last edited:

MicroMod777

Recognized Contributor
Can someone running Stock Sense 5 4.2.2 WHO DOES NOT ALREADY HAVE THIS please test this out and tell me if it give you the "Display, Gestures, and Buttons"

Code:
 if (j == 0x7f08029c)
                {
                    boolean flag2 = HtcDisplayFeatureFlags.supportGestures();
                    boolean flag3 = HtcDisplayFeatureFlags.supportRecentAppsButton(context);
                    if (flag2)
                    if (flag3)
                    if (flag2 && flag3)
                    continue;
                }

0x7f08029c is "display_settings"
those are the flags and I just changed them to all be the same thing which is the "htc_display_and_gestures_and_buttons_settings" = 0x7f0b0116

I found this in "HtcEntryProxy.smali" and HtcEntrySource.smali" and a few other places thanks to VTS's search all files in project feature :)

I am currently using this modified settings.apk and nothing seems borked and I still have menu button functionality

Nice try. Its still a mystery for the fix. Name did change though! :)

4asu8a7u.jpg

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Tiskra25

Mar 20, 2013
@ToRrEnTed installed and same thing happened to me. Changed the name but still no option for the buttons in the settings.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

xXminiWHOOPERxX

Feb 17, 2014
Broadalbin
@.torrented did you ever get this working? I just updated to 4.4.2 and lost the menu/recents capability. I NEED to get it back! Thanks!

You can manually change it by going to "/system/usr/keylayout/synaptics-rmi-touchscreen.kl"

And switch "APP_SWITCH" to "MENU" . And then reboot ...By doing that it will make the recent apps to a menu button, and double tap home as recent apps

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Reactions: riot1031

nitsuj17

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 24, 2010
PA
@.torrented did you ever get this working? I just updated to 4.4.2 and lost the menu/recents capability. I NEED to get it back! Thanks!

its different for sense5 and sense6.....instead of just being able to change supportrecent (or whatever the exact method is) to basically a yes, you have to enable isdeviceforrecentkey (again just paraphrasing the method cuz i dont have anything in front of me atm)

for some people, for some reason on the exact same software, the phone is detecting it is a the correct device id and enabling the option (actually could be dependent on what your CID is, for those of us who unlocked or got soff by different methods at different times)

if i ever flash the stock update, ill post the correct changes

Last edited:

riot1031

Jan 27, 2008
Finger Lakes
You can manually change it by going to "/system/usr/keylayout/synaptics-rmi-touchscreen.kl"

And switch "APP_SWITCH" to "MENU" . And then reboot ...By doing that it will make the recent apps to a menu button, and double tap home as recent apps

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

I'll give that a shot. thanks!

its different for sense5 and sense6.....instead of just being able to change supportrecent (or whatever the exact method is) to basically a yes, you have to enable isdeviceforrecentkey (again just paraphrasing the method cuz i dont have anything in front of me atm)

for some people, for some reason on the exact same software, the phone is detecting it is a the correct device id and enabling the option (actually could be dependent on what your CID is, for those of us who unlocked or got soff by different methods at different times)

Thanks nitsuj17!! And thanks for all the hard work you've put into the DNA!! I appreciate it!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As promised in my ukb thread, here is an independent zip flash for the mod to activate the ability to change the mapping of the "recents" button

• changes settings.apk
    • turns verizon specific flag to on that otherwise excludes the mod
    • works on stock deodex
    • should work on odex replacing settings.apk and settings.odex with deodexed apk only (reported as working)

****this will not give you a menu on rosie homescreen....that is a different mod, though it requires this mod to work***

Download

***Feel free to include this in your rom/project, just properly credit, thanks!

For 2.04 Verizon 2/15 OTA
    button_mod_2.04.zip: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=9390288116658474820
    md5: 10ebdf27969415d6a90e8591b33024e0

For 1.15 Verizon Release Software:
    button_mod_1.zip: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=9390225151984926744
    mirror: http://d-h.st/9N5
    MD5sum: 525215760058b1941d5a3bd5469fccf6

***if you found the mod useful, just click the thanks button :p
    Code Changes for Developers:

decompile the settings.apk (if deodexed) the changes are in the classes.dex (smali) so if you are trying to do it on the odexed version, you ll need to baksmali the settings.odex file....im not gonna hold your hand and explain that to you

navigate to:

com/android/settings/framework/flag/feature/HtcDisplayFeatureFlags.smali

find this method:

Code:
    .method public static supportRecentAppsButton

wholesale change the method to this:

Code:
    .method public static supportRecentAppsButton(Landroid/content/Context;)Z
        .locals 1

const/4 v0, 0x1

return v0
    .end method

(i did this differently in the 1.15 version, but this is simpler)

Screenshots

attachment.php
    attachment.php

attachment.php
    Running stock rooted odex ... works fine! Thanks :D :good:

damnit, now i HAVE to root! so lazy though..lol.. why couldn't HTC have put this in stock?!!?? ugh.

There's actually an exclusion made for verizon phones coded in, which is why it doesn't shoe up stock
    HTC/vzw went out of their way to remove it for us lol

I just activated it after digging around to understand why it was happening and found why