[How To] Install CWM Recovery on A3000 [Noob Friendly]

Search This thread

hosamn

Apr 29, 2008
Cairo
Original work found in THIS very important thread [very powerful & useful app: MTK Droid Root & Tools] by xda developer rua1.
also this post by oscarblue48 is very helpful and it has detailed pictures of the steps

Follow these steps on your own responsibility...

How to install CWM Recovery on A3000:

00. Make sure your device is rooted... if not.. install [framroot] from Here and root.

01. Download MTK Droid Tools from Here and extract.

02. Download Drivers from Here [thanks to azam426] OR Here [thanks to rua1] and extract.

03. On your PC > Right click on my computer > Manage > Device Manager [from the list on the left ]

04. Run MTKdroidTools.exe

05. Connect your A3000 to your computer. (Powered ON)

06. Quickly double click the unidentified driver that pops in the Device Manager > update driver > and point to the extracted drivers from step 2

07. On MTKdroidTools > there is a color indicator in the bottom left corner > [if yellow > Press the root button] & [if green > go to the next step].

08. Now click on [root,backup,recovery] > select [to use boot from phone] > click [recovery and boot] the app will start reading your device's original recovery.

09. After a while it will ask you [make cwm recovery automatically] > click [yes]

10. After another while it will ask you [install created recovery to phone] > click [yes]

11. After a third while it will ask you [reboot into recovery] > click [yes]

Congratulations now you have CWM on your device..

brainbeatuk

Oct 13, 2012
Any idea what the bootpatch.IMG is for I said no to it as wasnt sure

Maybe you didn't get option after make cwm recovery. As I used kingoandroid root

I also tried the delete China option in recovery section. Only found three things to delete but rebooted fine
Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA Premium HD app

Last edited:

cumipanda

Mar 1, 2014
I followed step by step the instruction, but strange my device always give a blue color in the left bottom, even after I rooted the device by Framaroot. :confused:

qzsu0420

Feb 15, 2014
长春
Do you know Flashify.apk?I think this is a simple methods to flash recovery to the pad~
I've tried~ it‘s can be successful~:D

iqbal350z

Mar 10, 2014
Ubuntu?

Original work found in THIS very important thread [very powerful & useful app: MTK Droid Root & Tools] by xda developer rua1.
also this post by oscarblue48 is very helpful and it has detailed pictures of the steps

00. Make sure your device is rooted... if not.. install [framroot] from Here and root.

02. Download Drivers from Here [thanks to azam426] OR Here [thanks to rua1] and extract.

03. On your PC > Right click on my computer > Manage > Device Manager [from the list on the left ]

06. Quickly double click the unidentified driver that pops in the Device Manager > update driver > and point to the extracted drivers from step 2

07. On MTKdroidTools > there is a color indicator in the bottom left corner > [if yellow > Press the root button] & [if green > go to the next step].

08. Now click on [root,backup,recovery] > select [to use boot from phone] > click [recovery and boot] the app will start reading your device's original recovery.

09. After a while it will ask you [make cwm recovery automatically] > click [yes]

10. After another while it will ask you [install created recovery to phone] > click [yes]

Hi
I'm a noob
Kindly advise if I will be able to do all this using my Ubuntu laptop?
Thanks

koiii08

Apr 17, 2014
why did i got Fake Hardware in kernel or firmware doesn't correspond to phone! on my a3000?

el deeb

Apr 27, 2014
thanks

Man ,

really really big thanks i was tired from searching for a CWM really you are awsome

RAMESHBABU.N

May 24, 2012
TIRUPATI
My A3000 is not recognised by MTK Droid Tools ...

Downloaded drivers v1.2 zip file and extracted.

Downloaded MTK Droid Tools v2.5.3 zip file and extracted.

And, followed exactly, as given in the write up (page 1 of this topic).

A3000 sensed in Device Manager and displayed. 2 Drivers got updated.

However, MTK droid tools is NOT SENSING the device.

It still says "the device isn't revealed. Connect or reconnect a cable" on the bottom most line of the
MTK droid tools window and the small box is blank. The status continues, even after the A3000 is
rebooted or the USB cable is removed and reconnected.

What to do now ?

My A3000 is already a rooted device with Framaroot.

Any guidance ?

Reactions: Anas Halim

Olivier

Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Moderator
Nov 6, 2011
Just flash my CWM v6 (can be found in the original development section). It's easier to install and up-to-date. Use mobileuncle tools to flash it.

Gesendet von meinem Xperia S mit Tapatalk

RAMESHBABU.N

May 24, 2012
TIRUPATI
Thanks a lot .... CWM installed ... But, lost ROOT ...

Thanks to this wonderful step-by-step guide, I have successfully
installed CWM on my new A3000. :laugh:

Taken a full backup by using CWM and saved it on SD Card.

But, the flip side is that the device is now NOT ROOTED. :confused:

When I run the Root Checker, it says `Sorry ! This deice does not
have proper root access.'

How to get the root back ?

I have tried Framaroot option (like I did it for the first time), but
still no luck in rooting it again.

Any ideas ?

RAMESHBABU.N

May 24, 2012
TIRUPATI
ROOT restored ...

As I said earlier, after successful installation of CWM Recovery, my A3000 lost it's ROOT.

After a lot of experimentation and uninstalls/installs, I am able to get back the ROOT.

Uninstalled ROM Manager and Super User. Disabled Root Explorer, MobileuncleTools and
another Superuser. Also uninstalled new version of Framaroot and installed an old version.
And, separately installed SuperSU.

majid_z

Mar 18, 2010
I follow the steps and I installed CWM and I backed up my device, after some days I wanted to restore my backup, but when it finished, nothing was recovered but original ROM and apps like factory reset !!! what the hell ?!?!

joeymanzano

Jul 25, 2014
lenovo a3000

good day sir's, i tried the following instruction but it cant update the drivers....how can i do sir..

mark.jpg

Attachments

• mark.jpg
    mark.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 169

Lepanto

Aug 16, 2012
Hi, i have Vodafone Smart tab 3, which is based Lenovo A3000-H, only with different rom. I want to backup Vodafone rom so i can flash it and send to technical service if device have any fault.

So i tried this way to have a backup, i need a full backup on my computer to flash it later so i clicked "Backup" button, but i get a warning, title is: "ATTENTION THE SD card isn't found!" and below it there's a message says: "System and userdata won't backup! To continue?"

What's this, do i need an SD card? I can see system folder in my backup folder. And how can i understand my backup is working? In our local forum, somebody says backup needs to be around 1.3gb but mine is only 1.18gb.

What can i do for this? I'm waiting your opinions.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

My A3000 is not recognised by MTK Droid Tools ...

Downloaded drivers v1.2 zip file and extracted.

Downloaded MTK Droid Tools v2.5.3 zip file and extracted.

And, followed exactly, as given in the write up (page 1 of this topic).

A3000 sensed in Device Manager and displayed. 2 Drivers got updated.

However, MTK droid tools is NOT SENSING the device.

It still says "the device isn't revealed. Connect or reconnect a cable" on the bottom most line of the
    MTK droid tools window and the small box is blank. The status continues, even after the A3000 is
    rebooted or the USB cable is removed and reconnected.

What to do now ?

My A3000 is already a rooted device with Framaroot.

Any guidance ?
    Please help!

When I click update driver this message appears
    "Windows was unable to install your ideatab A3000
    windows could not find driver software for your device"
    Can i apply to A3300?

Can i apply to A3300?