Gooapple V5 3G and relative ROMs

Search This thread

flyingtom

May 17, 2012
Almere
I already installed the Android UI ROM. Keep in mind the Clockworkmod menu is in Chinese. I am lucky I almost know the selections by heart so I was able to flash the ROM easily.

Good luck.

Can you tell me, is the android ui rom in better shape (language) than the Apple ui rom, and can you install the espier launcher on it?? (espier i already use on my samsung galaxy).

Can you tell me in general how the PCB-A108 phone is working?
does your 3G etc etc work?

I want to know these things, because there isn't much hands-on info on the newer PCB-phone...

Regards Tom

u669983

Jan 25, 2012
Hi!

I have an Gooapple V5 3g with PCB a108 ...

I tried to install rom (a108 with androidUI) but nothing, always error ...

I read that I had to install the recovery of China! so I decided to download "mobile tools uncle" and I try to install "V53Grecovery3e" ... but nothing! when I install the recovery, the phone restarts, shows the bootlogo, and turns off the phone!

any ideas??

Had the same prob in the past with the 3e recovery you are using. Try the V53GRecoveryCWM

rob1988

May 22, 2012
londonderry
help

hi guys, new to the forum but have read alot on here,

my question is, i just recived my gooapple v5 3g fron android-sale
it has the newer pcb a108, however i cant get many app to work as the android version says 5.0.1 instead of 2.3.6

how do i install latest rom for this model from start to finish as i am very confused about rooting and cmw n stuff like that and will it change it from 5.0.1 to 2.3.6

thanks

kidbetin

Feb 26, 2012
P Jaya
All the problems with the new pcb on the v5 3g makes me
have second thoughts on getting the v5 3g
especially if you cannot root or install apps.
How do you change from 5.01 to 2.3.6??

If you are root you can simply open the file named build.prop and edit the version number directly in that file.. then reboot.. then try superoneclick again..

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA Premium App

PePPeN20

Nov 13, 2010

the phone shows 5.0.1 (9a405) ,like iOS, but the REAL version is 2.3.6 I think ...

---------- Post added at 10:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 PM ----------

If you are root you can simply open the file named build.prop and edit the version number directly in that file.. then reboot.. then try superoneclick again..

ok i changed the string:

"ro.build.version.relase" from this:

ro.build.version.relase = 5.0.1

to

ro.build.version.relase = 2.3.6

I started superoneclick .. but nothing to do .. always stops at the second process!

rob1988

May 22, 2012
londonderry
is s uperoneclick safe to use on a108 pcb v5 3g or do we have to wait for sumone to figure how to root it?

also do i have to do anything with my phone before rooting it?

thanks

the phone shows 5.0.1 (9a405) ,like iOS, but the REAL version is 2.3.6 I think ...

---------- Post added at 10:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 PM ----------

ok i changed the string:

"ro.build.version.relase" from this:

ro.build.version.relase = 5.0.1

to

ro.build.version.relase = 2.3.6

I started superoneclick .. but nothing to do .. always stops at the second process!

Done correct.. try using the batch-root (Chinese) posted elsewhere in this thread..

Reactions: yuanhui1162

rdxdel

May 22, 2012
Hi guys. I have just received my new Gooapple V6. The salesman guaranteed me that this phone is a Gooapple V5 3G upgraded to V6, to make the phone faster.

Now I want to install the classic rom with Android's interface but how can I be sure that it's a real Gooapple?

And how can I be sure that it doesn't break if I download a rom from "rom.gooapple.com"?

I read that exist the "clone of the clone"..
Thank you!

PePPeN20

Nov 13, 2010
Done correct.. try using the batch-root (Chinese) posted elsewhere in this thread..

I properly rooted the phone with superoneclick .. but nothing has changed :( .. I started Uncle Mobile Tools, select Recovery Update, but always the same story .. the phone restarts, shows the boot image and off!

I also tried the procedure with the "root.bat" .. of course nothing to do :mad: .. Always the same error as before with superoneclick method

The problem for me is the recovery... maybe it's not compatible?

Last chance: there is another way to flash the recovery? Without using Mobile uncle tools?

Last edited:
I properly rooted the phone with superoneclick .. but nothing has changed :( .. I started Uncle Mobile Tools, select Recovery Update, but always the same story .. the phone restarts, shows the boot image and off!

I also tried the procedure with the "root.bat" .. of course nothing to do :mad: .. Always the same error as before with superoneclick method

Last chance: there is another way to flash the recovery? Without using Mobile uncle tools?

Try Google: fastboot flash recovery - it can be done directly to recovery partition..

Reactions: PePPeN20

ckethan

Dec 23, 2010
Chennai

http://bm-smartphone-reviews.blogspot.in/2011/10/mt65x3-flashing-tutorial.html?m=1

Sent from my HTC HD7 Pro/+ using Tapatalk 2

PePPeN20

Nov 13, 2010
I give up :mad:

immagineiii.png

---------- Post added at 04:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:14 PM ----------

ok .........

ok I managed to run flash tool .. I downloaded all from here ---> "http://anexonel.weebly.com/download-links.html" (at the bottom there is a tool for the 3g version)

result? the phone is started, but the screen not ... grrrr

EDIT: if I touch the screen, it lights up for few seconds and then turns off again!

WTF!? :confused::eek:

Last edited:

rdxdel

May 22, 2012
Hi guys. In my phone I have installed Rom Manager but to do all the functionalities I must download ClockworkMod Recovery. I have already tried to do it but a message ask me to confirm what's my phone.
But there is not any Gooapple's model.
You know if there is a model that makes the same work??
Thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm opening this new thread since the 3G version of the Gooapple is now out.

We can gather here to help each other to develop new ROMs and improve existing ones for this device.

If you're looking for the latest official stock (non-modified) ROM for this smartphone, look no further; you can find and download them right here: Gooapple V5 3G ROMs. It's in chinese but with the help of a translator it shouldn't be hard to download what you're looking for.

People who already have this phone can start discussing and posting their work here.
    Feel free to ask any question.

I will start my own work as soon as i get my Gooapple V5 3G.
    How do I make a gps.conf file and where do I place the file?

As per your PM about this. Here are some steps to follow.

Easy way: install fasterfix from market: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=825717

Make sure you are rooted (using superone click 2.3.3)-> Install fasterfix -> launch and select Europe (as ur in U.k) from the server list,save. just to confirm it worked-> using Root Explorer, make sure you have a gps.conf file sitting under system/etc after you have run fasterfix as the original gooapple roms put the gps.conf file in the wrong location (system/etc/firmware).
    check permissions of gps.conf in root explorer
    Owner=read\write
    Group=read
    Others=read

Install "GPS Test" from market
    Install "GPS Status & Toolbox"

on the phone goto Settings->location services-> turn on Use GPS Satellites & GPS EPO Assistance & A-GPS & Use wireless networks (wireless networks not needed but i do it anyway). Make sure data is enabled aswell to update google maps.

Go into "GPS Status & Toolbox" and reset A-GPS under settings then exit, go back into "GPS Status & Toolbox" and it should download new A-GPS data if not go back into settings and click download. exit.

Go into GPS Test and check you have Sats showing up and bars on the signal graph, bars should move up depending on signal.

If it looks good go into googlemaps and see if it finds your house within 10 meters (not 100 or 1000, as that just means its using cell towers or wifi to locate you. GPS chip should actually lock within a meter or so).

Hope it works for you. as I mentioned earlier my gps does not work at all at the moment. But in theory you should be able to see something in gps test app even without the correct info in gps.conf file, will just take longer to lock.

what are NTP servers?
    sometimes there are drift errors and dilution in time precision in the time keeping in GPS receivers. Getting a proper GPS fix all depends on high precision of time keeping. That is why NTP servers are used to correct time errors. Read more about Time Synchronization using NTP here. Yes, using faster or server more local to you will result in a faster TTFF (this is why you can also manually add the NTP servers closer to you from http://www.pool.ntp.org/, but faster fix should still work fine).

this is a simple manual gps.conf file for europe..

NTP_SERVER=europe.pool.ntp.org
    XTRA_SERVER_1=http://xtra1.gpsonextra.net/xtra.bin
    XTRA_SERVER_2=http://xtra2.gpsonextra.net/xtra.bin
    XTRA_SERVER_3=http://xtra3.gpsonextra.net/xtra.bin
    INTERMEDIATE_POS=1
    C2K_HOST=c2k.pde.com
    C2K_PORT=1234
    SUPL_HOST=FQDN
    SUPL_HOST=supl.google.com
    SUPL_PORT=7276
    SUPL_SECURE_PORT=7275
    SUPL_NO_SECURE_PORT=3425
    ACCURACY_THRES=5000
    CURRENT_CARRIER=common
    DEFAULT_USER_PLANE=TRUE
    REPORT_POSITION_USE_SUPL_REFLOC=1

and this is a more local gps.conf for NZ.

NTP_SERVER=0.nz.pool.ntp.org
    NTP_SERVER=1.oceania.pool.ntp.org
    NTP_SERVER=3.oceania.pool.ntp.org
    XTRA_SERVER_1=http://xtra1.gpsonextra.net/xtra.bin
    XTRA_SERVER_2=http://xtra2.gpsonextra.net/xtra.bin
    XTRA_SERVER_3=http://xtra3.gpsonextra.net/xtra.bin
    INTERMEDIATE_POS=1
    C2K_HOST=c2k.pde.com
    C2K_PORT=1234
    SUPL_HOST=FQDN
    SUPL_HOST=supl.google.com
    SUPL_PORT=7276
    SUPL_SECURE_PORT=7275
    SUPL_NO_SECURE_PORT=3425
    ACCURACY_THRES=5000
    CURRENT_CARRIER=common
    DEFAULT_USER_PLANE=TRUE
    REPORT_POSITION_USE_SUPL_REFLOC=1
    WORKING English CWM Recovery for Gooapple V5 3G :)

Here is the recovery.img

http://www.sendspace.com/file/x0pn98

Be careful:

1. Make sure its a GooApple V5 3G
    2. Make sure you have root
    3. Make sure you have backed up your initial recovery before playing.

Good Luck

medicuk
    ...Hopefully you can also help them with their english!!

With all due respect Anexonel needs a bit of help with his English. :p

But... "In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king", so surely it is still for the better.

That being said he is a great guy and a tremendous asset to our community! Keep up the great work Anexonel!
    Serious point here!!!!!

I have been helping people get their 'gooapple V5 3G' rooted and running the newest roms...

SEVERAL OF THEM HAVE PHONES THAT BEAR NO SIMILARITY TO A GOOAPPLE V5 a GOOAPPLE V5 3G or even a 'gooapple V6'.

NOT A GOOAPPLE V5 3G!!!!!
    34retl1.jpg
    NOT A GOOAPPLE V5 3G!!!!!

Rooting is pretty similar across all android devices.

THE ROMS ARE VERY SPECIFIC TO HARDWARE.....

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make sure you know what device you are playing with before you make your life very difficult and ruin them....

I've said my piece.....

medicuk