Spigen is making red cases!

Search This thread

paradoxiumwind

Jul 23, 2012
Google Nexus 5
Google Pixel 3a
Just arrived today... Its borderline orange. Calling it "bright red" isn't misleading, but also leaves it open to interpretation. The photos from Spigen make it look to be a cherry red rather than an orange/red.

Edit: I'll post some more photos later today and try to edit them so the color of the case renders correctly on the N5 screen.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

That's disappointing. I would prefer a darker red. Not too dark, but I just can't see myself walking around college with a bright red/orange phone.

Liskrig

Mar 17, 2011
Boston
twitter.com
Rather than trying to calibrate the correct color through Snapseed (I don't have my photo laptop with me today), I figured I would just post a link to the Wikipedia color.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coquelicot

Open that link on your Nexus 5 (assuming there was no screen calibration done) and that is almost exactly what the color of the case is.

Hope this helps!

TonyTurboII

Jan 17, 2008
Saint Charles, MO
Just arrived today... Its borderline orange. Calling it "bright red" isn't misleading, but also leaves it open to interpretation. The photos from Spigen make it look to be a cherry red rather than an orange/red.

Edit: I'll post some more photos later today and try to edit them so the color of the case renders correctly on the N5 screen.

I agree it's not the vibrant red they have pictured. I also think it's just a stock photo they probably whipped up until they got an actual red nexus in their hands.

Have you seen the red nexus? It's nowhere near the vibrant red google has pictured on their site.

Spigen probably got the phone, adjusted the color and not the stock photo. If I had to guess.

Reactions: Nick123194

jdavide3

Feb 27, 2014
I picked up the red Neo Hybrid case for my Nexus 5. I agree with everyone saying that although it is marked as being bright red it can appear neon orange/orange or even pink under certain lighting. I'll avoid the bright red accessories in the future as I can see them eventually becoming annoying for me. However if you enjoy loud, eye-catching color I'd really recommend it.

mrcricket23

Mar 12, 2008
Houston
Ouch that's sort of dissapointing, i just ordered mine its on its way. While i like red, im not sure i like orange on my phone.:confused:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ordered the Red Neo Hybrid yesterday. Have the other three colors. The Neo Hybrid is a great bumper case.

Spigen is making all their nexus 5 cases available in red soon and honestly they look really nice, just thought i would share
    Capture.PNG

http://www.spigen.com/brands/google/nexus-5.html
    Bright Red? How bright we talking about I wonder? There's Crimson Red for other phones they make so I guess brighter then that.

Something to match the colour tone of the Red Nexus 5 I assume.

I agree it's not the vibrant red they have pictured. I also think it's just a stock photo they probably whipped up until they got an actual red nexus in their hands.

Have you seen the red nexus? It's nowhere near the vibrant red google has pictured on their site.

Spigen probably got the phone, adjusted the color and not the stock photo. If I had to guess.